Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Festival] Swords!
Henry are u ok? These are not bows, Henry. /j
[quote name=@Almedha date="2024-06-23 07:57:41" ] I am mentally rearranging my week to spend more time in coli because I need a hundred. [/quote] That is the spirit!
@Almedha wrote on 2024-06-23 07:57:41:
I am mentally rearranging my week to spend more time in coli because I need a hundred.
That is the spirit!
[quote name=@PinkTempest date="2024-06-23 08:24:42" ] Henry are u ok? These are not bows, Henry. /j [/quote] Hang on, you are right! Perhaps I have a fever. I would probably die for grinding in the Coliseum if we got elemental bows.
@PinkTempest wrote on 2024-06-23 08:24:42:
Hang on, you are right! Perhaps I have a fever. I would probably die for grinding in the Coliseum if we got elemental bows.
[quote name=@KingScotty date="2024-06-23 08:22:50" ] i hope that the Wind's Blade will be unsheathed, and wielded by male spirals in their foretalons!! [/quote] Would be cool!
@KingScotty wrote on 2024-06-23 08:22:50:
i hope that the Wind's Blade
will be unsheathed, and wielded by male spirals in their foretalons!!
Would be cool!
[quote name=@DustyZoiveon date="2024-06-23 08:14:40" ] I'm kinda disappointed in the sword myself? I was expecting the elemental swords to be elemental themselves, not just themed after the element colour-palette-wise. A simple miscommunication/misunderstanding that I initially wasn't too bummed about, it's still a cool sword even if it's not elemental, but then I compared the icon to the actual apparel and ... [item="Light Sword"] Why does the icon have light flares that the apparel itself doesn't have?? The icon actually looks elemental, that feels really misleading. I kind of hope the actual apparel not having flares is an error because that's really disappointing, I would have loved to have flares on it to show off that the sword is actually magical. [/quote] Valid! It is understandable that it is not for everyone tastes and perfectly fine not to like it. The does icon give the impression the sword has the effect too. I understand the disappointment side too. Personally, I like that it does not have them because it would be too busy for my taste then. It is more subtle this way and can be used without necessary bringing the element aspect with it. But those are just my views.
@DustyZoiveon wrote on 2024-06-23 08:14:40:
I'm kinda disappointed in the sword myself? I was expecting the elemental swords to be elemental themselves, not just themed after the element colour-palette-wise. A simple miscommunication/misunderstanding that I initially wasn't too bummed about, it's still a cool sword even if it's not elemental, but then I compared the icon to the actual apparel and ...
Light Sword Why does the icon have light flares that the apparel itself doesn't have?? The icon actually looks elemental, that feels really misleading. I kind of hope the actual apparel not having flares is an error because that's really disappointing, I would have loved to have flares on it to show off that the sword is actually magical.
Valid! It is understandable that it is not for everyone tastes and perfectly fine not to like it. The does icon give the impression the sword has the effect too. I understand the disappointment side too.

Personally, I like that it does not have them because it would be too busy for my taste then. It is more subtle this way and can be used without necessary bringing the element aspect with it. But those are just my views.
When I saw the swords my mind immediately wandered to the "flat art" thread...
[quote name=@FlowerOfFire date="2024-06-23 08:49:11" ] When I saw the swords my mind immediately wandered to the "flat art" thread... [/quote] Flat swords.
@FlowerOfFire wrote on 2024-06-23 08:49:11:
Flat swords.
Pretty hype, I love swords! I even drew my own predictions a while back! Because I hope dearly with all my heart that they aren't going to be the same copypaste designs in different colors, there are too many excellent swords to just do that and I'm tired of copypasted small apparel lately.
Pretty hype, I love swords! I even drew my own predictions a while back! Because I hope dearly with all my heart that they aren't going to be the same copypaste designs in different colors, there are too many excellent swords to just do that and I'm tired of copypasted small apparel lately.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I hope they differ in shape and size and aren't just recolours with thematic hilts.
I hope they differ in shape and size and aren't just recolours with thematic hilts.
[quote name=@Recallback date="2024-06-23 09:19:01" ] Pretty hype, I love swords! I even drew my own predictions a while back! Because I hope dearly with all my heart that they aren't going to be the same copypaste designs in different colors, there are too many excellent swords to just do that and I'm tired of copypasted small apparel lately. [/quote] [quote name=@Seejey date="2024-06-23 09:42:30" ] I hope they differ in shape and size and aren't just recolours with thematic hilts. [/quote] Different swords for each one would be super rad!
@Recallback wrote on 2024-06-23 09:19:01:
@Seejey wrote on 2024-06-23 09:42:30:
Different swords for each one would be super rad!