Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | IC, Arc I. // There Will Come Soft Rains
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/09NnKwR/thorns.png[/img] [font=Times New Roman][b][size=5][color=c39226]ELISE KAILATHU // KUDZU[/color][/size][/b] [size=4][b]Interactions:[/b] Annie, Jade[/font][/center] [font=Times New Roman] For a moment, Elise spaces out, eyes unfocused under the effects of the toxin in the air. He's always been a little more vulnerable than most, given the innate absorbance that's come with his abilities. When he snaps back, it's to the sight of seeds in his hand and Annie dashing away like the wind is under her boots. Reflecting on the blurred moments he'd missed, Elise's eyes flash with understanding before he tips his head back and swallows the seeds in one go. It doesn't take long for his vision to clear after that, leaving him to marvel over the seeds' potency. [b][color=c39226] "Thank you," [/b] he calls at Annie's shadow, eyes flickering over to give Hakuren a quick nod as well. With the objective of their mission handled, he turns his attention towards the pets that his teammates are attempting to rescue and adopt. They don't seem to want to trust the Arboretum with them. [i]That's fair enough[/i], Elise knows, [i]but we can hardly hide Catastrophes which grow to that size.[/i] Plus, Jade's right about the question of liability. Though— [b][color=c39226] "The regulations aren't so extreme. We're not going to be expelled as traitors if we're discovered, though things will get problematic," [/b] Elise says, thinking back to what he's heard from the researchers he's grown up around. They've always been clear about the regulations, especially in terms of Catastrophe studies. Remembering those figures, he offers, [b][color=c39226] "If everyone's open to the idea, I can contact some Catastrophe researchers to help us get permits once we bring the bats inside? I know some who are interested in Catastrophe's life cycle and development, and they're trustworthy people."[/b] [b][color=c39226] "If I add a stipulation that we'll be keeping custody of the bats and allowing only nonintrusive observations, we can get the resources we need to raise them while making sure they're safe." [/b]
thorns.png

ELISE KAILATHU // KUDZU
Interactions: Annie, Jade
For a moment, Elise spaces out, eyes unfocused under the effects of the toxin in the air. He's always been a little more vulnerable than most, given the innate absorbance that's come with his abilities. When he snaps back, it's to the sight of seeds in his hand and Annie dashing away like the wind is under her boots.

Reflecting on the blurred moments he'd missed, Elise's eyes flash with understanding before he tips his head back and swallows the seeds in one go. It doesn't take long for his vision to clear after that, leaving him to marvel over the seeds' potency. "Thank you," he calls at Annie's shadow, eyes flickering over to give Hakuren a quick nod as well.

With the objective of their mission handled, he turns his attention towards the pets that his teammates are attempting to rescue and adopt. They don't seem to want to trust the Arboretum with them. That's fair enough, Elise knows, but we can hardly hide Catastrophes which grow to that size. Plus, Jade's right about the question of liability. Though—

"The regulations aren't so extreme. We're not going to be expelled as traitors if we're discovered, though things will get problematic," Elise says, thinking back to what he's heard from the researchers he's grown up around. They've always been clear about the regulations, especially in terms of Catastrophe studies. Remembering those figures, he offers, "If everyone's open to the idea, I can contact some Catastrophe researchers to help us get permits once we bring the bats inside? I know some who are interested in Catastrophe's life cycle and development, and they're trustworthy people."

"If I add a stipulation that we'll be keeping custody of the bats and allowing only nonintrusive observations, we can get the resources we need to raise them while making sure they're safe."
Children of the enemy!” Overti scoffed indignantly as she swallowed the seed she was given, “That’s ridiculous — those are animals! Baby animals, actually.

She fidgeted in place a little, waiting for the effects of the seed to fully take place while eyeing Maia further stabilizing the ladder with her bostaff, “Of course — I’ll get it down for you,” her thought then returned to the topic about brining the pups back, “We can maybe hide the pups — in our dormitories or so. But then again, let’s not assume the worst, yea? Maybe the folks back at the project would be fans of baby animals too.

And with that, she stepped forward and began her ascend to the nest. She gripped the vines tightly and carefully chose her footing, and after going up a few steps, decided that she indeed had the “hang of it” and quickened her pace up, scaling the ladder like a spider monkey.

Okay, that’s a better idea,” she paused to respond to Elise’s comment, though not really… speaking to him. It was more of a mutter to herself than anything, before she continued climbing up.

Soon she reached the height that Crimson was on, and carefully took it in a hand and slid it into the strap where she usually held her crowbar. With that, she went up further, and finally peered into the nest.
Children of the enemy!” Overti scoffed indignantly as she swallowed the seed she was given, “That’s ridiculous — those are animals! Baby animals, actually.

She fidgeted in place a little, waiting for the effects of the seed to fully take place while eyeing Maia further stabilizing the ladder with her bostaff, “Of course — I’ll get it down for you,” her thought then returned to the topic about brining the pups back, “We can maybe hide the pups — in our dormitories or so. But then again, let’s not assume the worst, yea? Maybe the folks back at the project would be fans of baby animals too.

And with that, she stepped forward and began her ascend to the nest. She gripped the vines tightly and carefully chose her footing, and after going up a few steps, decided that she indeed had the “hang of it” and quickened her pace up, scaling the ladder like a spider monkey.

Okay, that’s a better idea,” she paused to respond to Elise’s comment, though not really… speaking to him. It was more of a mutter to herself than anything, before she continued climbing up.

Soon she reached the height that Crimson was on, and carefully took it in a hand and slid it into the strap where she usually held her crowbar. With that, she went up further, and finally peered into the nest.
Two small, furry pups coated in the same shimmering, emerald-green scales as their parent looked up when Overti approached the nest, and one opened its mouth, though no sound came out-- that, or the noise was too high-pitched to hear.

The bat pups were nearly identical in appearance, though one was a little bigger, and its scales had a faint tint of blue to them. The smaller one-- the one that had opened its mouth-- shrunk back a little, intimidated by the human presence, while the larger pup leaned forward, its snout twitching curiously.
Two small, furry pups coated in the same shimmering, emerald-green scales as their parent looked up when Overti approached the nest, and one opened its mouth, though no sound came out-- that, or the noise was too high-pitched to hear.

The bat pups were nearly identical in appearance, though one was a little bigger, and its scales had a faint tint of blue to them. The smaller one-- the one that had opened its mouth-- shrunk back a little, intimidated by the human presence, while the larger pup leaned forward, its snout twitching curiously.
Looking for art? Check out my shop! (Viewable through profile page)
k2NYXJG.png
LcVpTeR.png
c84a94c.png
Q505w0x.png
GAn3R3A.png
kWi52BS.png
7jtotAK.png
ScixjTN.png
q4SQrDe.png
z9pOPLP.png
LmcdWsF.png
1NNLvSZ.png
iH91ung.png
wJySv8z.png
JgMsK4Y.png
Awwwwww, look at you precious little things…” Overti coaxed to the bat pups, melting a little mentally from looking at these creatures. She reached with a hand and carefully tried to pet them, “Here — here. You’re so cute…

Though, getting them down might be a struggle for her — unless she could get the pups to cling to her while she descend? That may be a good idea to try.
Awwwwww, look at you precious little things…” Overti coaxed to the bat pups, melting a little mentally from looking at these creatures. She reached with a hand and carefully tried to pet them, “Here — here. You’re so cute…

Though, getting them down might be a struggle for her — unless she could get the pups to cling to her while she descend? That may be a good idea to try.
Claude
(colour code: #a39983)

Watching the others work as they hung back, Claude cast their eyes upwards to watch Overti climb the ladder. The others had done much, but they really hadn’t… might as well do something now. Extending a hand upwards as they pulled their sleeve back, they allowed a few ivory tendrils to grow from their wrist until they reached up to Overti’s height. They pulled back a little to give her space, hanging around behind her and knitting together in order to form a sort of web. If she fell she’d have something to catch herself on.

They gave Elise a brief nod in response to his offer, already thinking ahead. The odd dust was gathering on their mask, and they brushed it off with some irritation. What was up with this place? It made their head spin.

Nikolai
(colour code: “olive”)

Well, not much point staying here. Nikolai put his things back into his pockets and turned to head for the exit- he’d be of more use keeping watch outside anyway, just in case something decided this would be the perfect spot for a little nap. The world outside seemed to be painted exclusively in shades of red, from the barren earth to the hollow sky. Or perhaps that was just his vision. Everything to him had always been that way.

As Nikolai passed by two people, he paused. The woman from earlier, with the goggles, didn’t look quite well. The energy from earlier was gone, which was to be expected. The lady with the cowboy boots was already with her, offering… lotus seeds? Nikolai squinted at them. He was vaguely aware someone in the team was able to use those- he’d never talked with that person directly, so he didn’t quite know them. An ache flared up in his temple, and he shook it off with a little cough. This place just didn’t sit right with him.

”You two alright?” There was concern in his voice.
Claude
(colour code: #a39983)

Watching the others work as they hung back, Claude cast their eyes upwards to watch Overti climb the ladder. The others had done much, but they really hadn’t… might as well do something now. Extending a hand upwards as they pulled their sleeve back, they allowed a few ivory tendrils to grow from their wrist until they reached up to Overti’s height. They pulled back a little to give her space, hanging around behind her and knitting together in order to form a sort of web. If she fell she’d have something to catch herself on.

They gave Elise a brief nod in response to his offer, already thinking ahead. The odd dust was gathering on their mask, and they brushed it off with some irritation. What was up with this place? It made their head spin.

Nikolai
(colour code: “olive”)

Well, not much point staying here. Nikolai put his things back into his pockets and turned to head for the exit- he’d be of more use keeping watch outside anyway, just in case something decided this would be the perfect spot for a little nap. The world outside seemed to be painted exclusively in shades of red, from the barren earth to the hollow sky. Or perhaps that was just his vision. Everything to him had always been that way.

As Nikolai passed by two people, he paused. The woman from earlier, with the goggles, didn’t look quite well. The energy from earlier was gone, which was to be expected. The lady with the cowboy boots was already with her, offering… lotus seeds? Nikolai squinted at them. He was vaguely aware someone in the team was able to use those- he’d never talked with that person directly, so he didn’t quite know them. An ache flared up in his temple, and he shook it off with a little cough. This place just didn’t sit right with him.

”You two alright?” There was concern in his voice.
item_pulsating_pendant_by_dogi_crimson-dab14jb.gif hello, I’m FINALHUNT
NeRpUiA.pngNQ1Ze0S.png
rUoKR6y.png
Jade listened carefully what the golden eye male has said, gave it a thought visibly concerned about the fate of both the pups but also the whole team if they were to bring in small Catastrophes, and replied after a bit:
"Are you certain we can obtain such permits and also such a stipulation that would limit a lot of possibilities of research?", asked Jade clearly concerned for the pups' safety.
Jade listened carefully what the golden eye male has said, gave it a thought visibly concerned about the fate of both the pups but also the whole team if they were to bring in small Catastrophes, and replied after a bit:
"Are you certain we can obtain such permits and also such a stipulation that would limit a lot of possibilities of research?", asked Jade clearly concerned for the pups' safety.
My Dragons for Your Fodder
For dragon swaps, breeds I like: Coatls, Guardians, Imperials, Obelisks, Pearlcatchers, Skydancers. The rest I am most likely trading off.
Looking to join a hatchery
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/r61XkkS/ines.png[/img] [font=Franklin Gothic][b][size=6]Scene 1 - Fore Genesis[/size] [size=1][color=transparent]xxx[/color][/size] [size=4]Project Viridus Handler, W. Moran[/size] 12 October 2097 | Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma[/b] [rule] [font=Franklin Gothic] Amidst the movement of the Viridus operatives, the wasps in the background begin to stir, taking to the air in a wing-storm of emerald green. In that moment, their communicators come to life with a faint buzz of static. [b][color=cc362d]“I need everyone back immediately,”[/b] W. Moran says, her voice tense, focus heavy on something unseen. [b][color=cc362d]“A helicopter just took off. It’s not responding to our requests, and-”[/b] She pauses, breath filling the air with a poignant weight, the calm before the storm. [b][color=cc362d]“I just weighed them. We’re missing a third of the seeds.” [/center]
ines.png

Scene 1 - Fore Genesis
xxx
Project Viridus Handler, W. Moran
12 October 2097 | Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma

Amidst the movement of the Viridus operatives, the wasps in the background begin to stir, taking to the air in a wing-storm of emerald green. In that moment, their communicators come to life with a faint buzz of static.

“I need everyone back immediately,” W. Moran says, her voice tense, focus heavy on something unseen. “A helicopter just took off. It’s not responding to our requests, and-”

She pauses, breath filling the air with a poignant weight, the calm before the storm. “I just weighed them. We’re missing a third of the seeds.”
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/09NnKwR/thorns.png[/img] [font=Times New Roman][b][size=5][color=c39226]ELISE KAILATHU // KUDZU[/color][/size][/b] [size=4][b]Interactions:[/b] Jade, W. Moran[/font][/center] [font=Times New Roman] Hearing Jade’s question, Elise pauses, gaze flickering downward, heavy with the weight of consideration. If he asks, and no one is willing; if he asks, and the fact of a law already broken and only righted in retrospect is too much, or if they’re unwilling in the face of the rules he’s enforcing— Can he do it? Can he make the decision, finally call like he’s always been hating, avoiding, longing for? Elise gives a slight sigh, some unknown emotion softly released in the motion. [b][color=c39226]“I promise you,”[/b] he says, and when he meets Jade’s eyes, it’s with determination. [b][color=c39226]“I’ll get us those permits.”[/b] [i]Even if I have to get my mother’s help.[/i] Then, W. Moran’s message begins, shattering the moment. Elise’s eyes close, and when they open, he’s left his vulnerability behind, back and ready to fight for his city. He stands, uprooting some of the weeds clinging to life in the shattered tile and shallow dirt of the hanger. Shaking off the crumbs on their roots, he tucks them away in a packet for the emergency ahead and lifts the communicator on his belt, pressing the button to begin broadcasting. [b][color=c39226]“Message received,”[/b] he says, striding back towards their entrance point. [b][color=c39226]“We’re moving back, estimate five minutes.”[/b]
thorns.png

ELISE KAILATHU // KUDZU
Interactions: Jade, W. Moran
Hearing Jade’s question, Elise pauses, gaze flickering downward, heavy with the weight of consideration. If he asks, and no one is willing; if he asks, and the fact of a law already broken and only righted in retrospect is too much, or if they’re unwilling in the face of the rules he’s enforcing—

Can he do it? Can he make the decision, finally call like he’s always been hating, avoiding, longing for?

Elise gives a slight sigh, some unknown emotion softly released in the motion. “I promise you,” he says, and when he meets Jade’s eyes, it’s with determination. “I’ll get us those permits.”

Even if I have to get my mother’s help.

Then, W. Moran’s message begins, shattering the moment. Elise’s eyes close, and when they open, he’s left his vulnerability behind, back and ready to fight for his city.

He stands, uprooting some of the weeds clinging to life in the shattered tile and shallow dirt of the hanger. Shaking off the crumbs on their roots, he tucks them away in a packet for the emergency ahead and lifts the communicator on his belt, pressing the button to begin broadcasting.

“Message received,” he says, striding back towards their entrance point. “We’re moving back, estimate five minutes.”
Jade just listened to what the one talking to him had to say and nodded slightly unconvinced.

When the communicator came to life bringing such grave news, Jade looked around to see if anyone else needed help returning to the aircraft as some of them were still a bit unrecovered from what was in the air.
Jade just listened to what the one talking to him had to say and nodded slightly unconvinced.

When the communicator came to life bringing such grave news, Jade looked around to see if anyone else needed help returning to the aircraft as some of them were still a bit unrecovered from what was in the air.
My Dragons for Your Fodder
For dragon swaps, breeds I like: Coatls, Guardians, Imperials, Obelisks, Pearlcatchers, Skydancers. The rest I am most likely trading off.
Looking to join a hatchery
Hauhh —” Overti glanced back slightly, as her movements are quite limited as she attempted descending while trying to have the bat pups clinging to her. It’s quite weighty, and it felt perilous, “What?!

With the shock of the news gone and failed was her attempt to safely descend. With a short scream, Overti partially misstepped and then fell backwards. The vines which had been cast as a safety net snapped under the falling weight of her and the pups, and she landed face up, still holding the two young (but not small) things. The bostaff she retrieved lodged between her back and the floor painfully, and she groaned for a moment before perking up.

WHY WOULD ANYONE STEAL OUR SEEDS?” was her very un-calm remark before she started running back out, though in less than fifteen meters, she was barely jogging and breathless, due to the fact that she was still carrying the pups in her arms and also the fact that there are those weird fatigue causing powders in the air.
Hauhh —” Overti glanced back slightly, as her movements are quite limited as she attempted descending while trying to have the bat pups clinging to her. It’s quite weighty, and it felt perilous, “What?!

With the shock of the news gone and failed was her attempt to safely descend. With a short scream, Overti partially misstepped and then fell backwards. The vines which had been cast as a safety net snapped under the falling weight of her and the pups, and she landed face up, still holding the two young (but not small) things. The bostaff she retrieved lodged between her back and the floor painfully, and she groaned for a moment before perking up.

WHY WOULD ANYONE STEAL OUR SEEDS?” was her very un-calm remark before she started running back out, though in less than fifteen meters, she was barely jogging and breathless, due to the fact that she was still carrying the pups in her arms and also the fact that there are those weird fatigue causing powders in the air.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7