Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fathoms are both good and wet.
Because they are! The design screams deep-sea diver, with gills and fins and everything. I'd be happy to have these guys as ancients, but as a modern I can make them wear stupid hats and googly eyes, and that's just the best.

Guardians make me think of hippos, or Brontosaurus's (back when it was generally thought they were semi-aquatic): They spend a lot of time in water, but have a very terrestrial look about them that makes it hard to guess the nature of their environment at first blush.

Conversely, Undertides are hard for me to imagine on land at all! I struggle to imagine them even in the air, honestly, despite knowing they're canonically very capable fliers.

Fathoms are the best of both worlds, and I'm elated to have them - I think I like them even more than obelisks??? Nothing can ever eclipse my love for Abberations, but my goodness, these guys come close.

Very good, very wet, much Fathom.

I want lots.
Because they are! The design screams deep-sea diver, with gills and fins and everything. I'd be happy to have these guys as ancients, but as a modern I can make them wear stupid hats and googly eyes, and that's just the best.

Guardians make me think of hippos, or Brontosaurus's (back when it was generally thought they were semi-aquatic): They spend a lot of time in water, but have a very terrestrial look about them that makes it hard to guess the nature of their environment at first blush.

Conversely, Undertides are hard for me to imagine on land at all! I struggle to imagine them even in the air, honestly, despite knowing they're canonically very capable fliers.

Fathoms are the best of both worlds, and I'm elated to have them - I think I like them even more than obelisks??? Nothing can ever eclipse my love for Abberations, but my goodness, these guys come close.

Very good, very wet, much Fathom.

I want lots.
I love them so much! I bought 2 water eggs, expecting scrolls, so I guess I'll eventually have 4 fathoms. I was surprised how short their front legs are, given the event art showed them to be much longer. They give me seal/sea lion vibes.
I love them so much! I bought 2 water eggs, expecting scrolls, so I guess I'll eventually have 4 fathoms. I was surprised how short their front legs are, given the event art showed them to be much longer. They give me seal/sea lion vibes.
I adore them. I was kind of worried they'd be generic from Merrigan's art (not that he looks bad! But between the pose and apparel, she did look kind of skinny bogsneaky) but no! The poses are great, I love their wings, and the babies are perfection. No wonder they wanted to get hatchie skins out.
I adore them. I was kind of worried they'd be generic from Merrigan's art (not that he looks bad! But between the pose and apparel, she did look kind of skinny bogsneaky) but no! The poses are great, I love their wings, and the babies are perfection. No wonder they wanted to get hatchie skins out.
cL9yafY.gif
[quote name="Seraitsukara" date="2024-06-15 12:36:09" ] I love them so much! I bought 2 water eggs, expecting scrolls, so I guess I'll eventually have 4 fathoms. I was surprised how short their front legs are, given the event art showed them to be much longer. They give me seal/sea lion vibes. [/quote] LOL, I know the feeling, I specifically shopped for G1s early, expecting a scroll. Thank goodness we can temporarily brew them, or I'd be knee deep in the coli for the rest of the month trying to get them.
Seraitsukara wrote on 2024-06-15 12:36:09:

LOL, I know the feeling, I specifically shopped for G1s early, expecting a scroll. Thank goodness we can temporarily brew them, or I'd be knee deep in the coli for the rest of the month trying to get them.

>i pull out detailed diagram explaining what is good and what is wet
>tidelord laughs “its a good breed sir”
>open clanbound map, pull out fathom
>its wet

(i agree lol, i think a lot of people have been hoping for a satisfyingly watery breed for a while and i think they really delivered)
>i pull out detailed diagram explaining what is good and what is wet
>tidelord laughs “its a good breed sir”
>open clanbound map, pull out fathom
>its wet

(i agree lol, i think a lot of people have been hoping for a satisfyingly watery breed for a while and i think they really delivered)
JwMWtYS.png Articulated Fidget Toy Iron Golem Jade Troodo sGMefc0.png
That's what I love about them too! I can imagine them both in the water and on land. It's a great design for a modern Water breed [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
That's what I love about them too! I can imagine them both in the water and on land. It's a great design for a modern Water breed
deity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
Usually online between 22:00 and 6:00 server time!
kakvyh5.png s5AhXjW.png