Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Prisoners Tales
1 2 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437
"Strange..." was the Shijie's reply. "Perhaps it was simply a passing spirit? An illusion, or a true critter, quickly passing by, invisible to the naked eye." She paused, watching Skel with her once-again grey eye. "You were speaking of how you ended up in here, I believe? Yes, everywhere needs a healer. Are you like Eagle's mother, the poor little wolf-driven soul? Before, long before, she came to the Fortress of Ends, only she walked alone and with no fear. No chains, either, although she didn't seem too willing to work there."

Sootleap slowly blinked at Irrus, almost bored. "I've told her that. Chaos should roam free, unrestrained, and yet her borthers and sisters, and she along with them, believes that that code is what makes them better than," he glanced at Vagor, "Pearl-scum such as him. They run experiments on them, too. Those like him want their blood."

"But... she still cared for me. Tried to hold it back. I haven't seen her in years, ever since my father took me to the Icefield. Maybe she did get better after all, maybe she's still looking for me?" Eagle sniffed, wiping a tear away from his eye with a fluffy paw. "She was strong. But the wolf was stronger, was what the healer said."
"Strange..." was the Shijie's reply. "Perhaps it was simply a passing spirit? An illusion, or a true critter, quickly passing by, invisible to the naked eye." She paused, watching Skel with her once-again grey eye. "You were speaking of how you ended up in here, I believe? Yes, everywhere needs a healer. Are you like Eagle's mother, the poor little wolf-driven soul? Before, long before, she came to the Fortress of Ends, only she walked alone and with no fear. No chains, either, although she didn't seem too willing to work there."

Sootleap slowly blinked at Irrus, almost bored. "I've told her that. Chaos should roam free, unrestrained, and yet her borthers and sisters, and she along with them, believes that that code is what makes them better than," he glanced at Vagor, "Pearl-scum such as him. They run experiments on them, too. Those like him want their blood."

"But... she still cared for me. Tried to hold it back. I haven't seen her in years, ever since my father took me to the Icefield. Maybe she did get better after all, maybe she's still looking for me?" Eagle sniffed, wiping a tear away from his eye with a fluffy paw. "She was strong. But the wolf was stronger, was what the healer said."
6iOpr3w.pngCheuG1b.png
Neither Vagor's expression or voice changed "The world is chaotic enough as it is. There is no need to add to the disorder." He sat stiffly, gazing at Sootleap "Without some form of code, all would be no better than instinct driven animals, sleep, run, hide, bite-" A chuckle from Irrus interrupted him. The pearlcatcher gazed at him, then switched back to Sootleap "Your opinion of me is as empty as your form."
Irrus hummed "Yesss, a code. You want to know m'iiiiine?" He grinned, showing far too many teeth for a spiral.
"Not particularly, bandit." Vagor calmly stared back at him.

Skade rubbed under one of his crests, a bit unsure on how to respond "Uh..." He stared off into the distance for a bit, then cleared his mind with a grumble "Well, if she is, she'll turn up. If she aint, she won't"

Skel sighed, tipping her head back "Ohh, probably. It wouldn't surprise me if this place was haunted" She shrugged "I couldn't tell you if i was like Eagle's mother, never met her." The mirror cast a critical eye over Shijie "Now, do you need any more treatment for your wounds... Ah, your leg...."
Neither Vagor's expression or voice changed "The world is chaotic enough as it is. There is no need to add to the disorder." He sat stiffly, gazing at Sootleap "Without some form of code, all would be no better than instinct driven animals, sleep, run, hide, bite-" A chuckle from Irrus interrupted him. The pearlcatcher gazed at him, then switched back to Sootleap "Your opinion of me is as empty as your form."
Irrus hummed "Yesss, a code. You want to know m'iiiiine?" He grinned, showing far too many teeth for a spiral.
"Not particularly, bandit." Vagor calmly stared back at him.

Skade rubbed under one of his crests, a bit unsure on how to respond "Uh..." He stared off into the distance for a bit, then cleared his mind with a grumble "Well, if she is, she'll turn up. If she aint, she won't"

Skel sighed, tipping her head back "Ohh, probably. It wouldn't surprise me if this place was haunted" She shrugged "I couldn't tell you if i was like Eagle's mother, never met her." The mirror cast a critical eye over Shijie "Now, do you need any more treatment for your wounds... Ah, your leg...."
When worry's never helping, tell me, why, why, worry at all?
a53b2111-a1df-11e9-8792-cdcee464383f.gif
Continuum rift RP
An orange ridgeback, his flanks gently mottled with darker and lighter spots, carefully approached the prison's entrance. His body was clad in armor, but his face was left uncovered, lip curled a little, almost in disgust. At his side hung multiple pouches and satchels, a scroll case attached to one of them. Cyan eyes examined his surroundings attentively as he paused before the entrance.

"My-My opinion is empty because dragons like you hurt me! Dragons like you try to crave my mistress open, try to pick me apart, try to keep me away from this realm!" Sootleap almost wailed, his tone frustrated. "Of course I don't like you! The last one was horrible! He almost killed us!" He paced anxiously, seemingly a little panicked all of a sudden, through the air, watching the spiral and the pearlcatcher argue.

"But maybe... maybe she needs help?" Eagle's eyes flashed golden. "Somebody... Somebody approaches." His whisper was quiet. "Zein."

"True, true. You would get along, I believe. Until her wolf took over again, that would be. Then, she and it would try to kill you, me, and everyone else in the building." Shijie glared at her leg, as if scolding it. "Yes. You wouldn't happen to have a plank and some rope, would you? Or... Would those be considered weapons? I've killed people with flowerpots, but I don't quite recall using rope to choke anybody. Other dragons do that themselves."
An orange ridgeback, his flanks gently mottled with darker and lighter spots, carefully approached the prison's entrance. His body was clad in armor, but his face was left uncovered, lip curled a little, almost in disgust. At his side hung multiple pouches and satchels, a scroll case attached to one of them. Cyan eyes examined his surroundings attentively as he paused before the entrance.

"My-My opinion is empty because dragons like you hurt me! Dragons like you try to crave my mistress open, try to pick me apart, try to keep me away from this realm!" Sootleap almost wailed, his tone frustrated. "Of course I don't like you! The last one was horrible! He almost killed us!" He paced anxiously, seemingly a little panicked all of a sudden, through the air, watching the spiral and the pearlcatcher argue.

"But maybe... maybe she needs help?" Eagle's eyes flashed golden. "Somebody... Somebody approaches." His whisper was quiet. "Zein."

"True, true. You would get along, I believe. Until her wolf took over again, that would be. Then, she and it would try to kill you, me, and everyone else in the building." Shijie glared at her leg, as if scolding it. "Yes. You wouldn't happen to have a plank and some rope, would you? Or... Would those be considered weapons? I've killed people with flowerpots, but I don't quite recall using rope to choke anybody. Other dragons do that themselves."
6iOpr3w.pngCheuG1b.png
"And I am not him." Vagor sat still, watching Sootleap "I ask for permission and do not aim to hurt. Injuring your subject is pointless. Those that do are fools." Evidently getting fed up with the conversation, Irrus leapt at Vagor with outstretched claws. The pearcatcher responded by precisely smacking him across the face with a pair of shackles.
"Oi, I thought you said injuries were pointless" The spiral reared back, gently poking where he'd been hit.
"They are. But I am not studying you." The pearlcatcher smoothly sat back down again "Also, I would like to not be strangled again."

Skade scowled at Eagle, patience running thin "Well then, she'd go get som'e" He huffed, hunching his wings "What the blue blithering blazes are yer goin' on about now?"

Skel frowned "Yeah, uh, I would prefer to not get chewed" She rubbed her neck "Hm, not on me right now... Oh, anything can be a weapon." She playfully wiggled her claws "Us dragons are walking on weapons" The mirror cleared her throat "Hm, right. Iiiiii am going to get something for a splint. Shouldn't be long, but if you value your leg, you won't use it yet" With that, Skel hurried away.
"And I am not him." Vagor sat still, watching Sootleap "I ask for permission and do not aim to hurt. Injuring your subject is pointless. Those that do are fools." Evidently getting fed up with the conversation, Irrus leapt at Vagor with outstretched claws. The pearcatcher responded by precisely smacking him across the face with a pair of shackles.
"Oi, I thought you said injuries were pointless" The spiral reared back, gently poking where he'd been hit.
"They are. But I am not studying you." The pearlcatcher smoothly sat back down again "Also, I would like to not be strangled again."

Skade scowled at Eagle, patience running thin "Well then, she'd go get som'e" He huffed, hunching his wings "What the blue blithering blazes are yer goin' on about now?"

Skel frowned "Yeah, uh, I would prefer to not get chewed" She rubbed her neck "Hm, not on me right now... Oh, anything can be a weapon." She playfully wiggled her claws "Us dragons are walking on weapons" The mirror cleared her throat "Hm, right. Iiiiii am going to get something for a splint. Shouldn't be long, but if you value your leg, you won't use it yet" With that, Skel hurried away.
Continuum rift RP
"Oh! So you claim you've never pulled something - someone apart to find out what was inside? I don't believe a word you say, daemon." Sootleap flicked his ears, curling his tail around his body as he sat down. He twitched his whiskers with amusement as Irrus got hit. "Still an injury. Of course, 'tis difficult to be a pacifist in this world. Learned that one from my mistress. She thinks about it a lot."

"The Spirit... She shifts," was the gaoler's quiet reply. "She wants to be let out. She claims there is danger outside, and she is not pleased about it. A traitor, she says." Eagle shivered, closing his eyes.

"I don't hurt healers. Most of the time," Shijie murmured to herself as Skel left. "Sometimes, it is unavoidable. And too, as if I don't value my leg." She scoffed. "A mirror can walk on three. I have one left if I lose this."

The ridgeback gathered his thoughts, apparently done with his waiting and sitting, and knocked on the door. Once, twice, thrice, seven times in total, in some kind of pattern. He was murmuring something to himself under his breath, sounding like poetry or a chant.
"Oh! So you claim you've never pulled something - someone apart to find out what was inside? I don't believe a word you say, daemon." Sootleap flicked his ears, curling his tail around his body as he sat down. He twitched his whiskers with amusement as Irrus got hit. "Still an injury. Of course, 'tis difficult to be a pacifist in this world. Learned that one from my mistress. She thinks about it a lot."

"The Spirit... She shifts," was the gaoler's quiet reply. "She wants to be let out. She claims there is danger outside, and she is not pleased about it. A traitor, she says." Eagle shivered, closing his eyes.

"I don't hurt healers. Most of the time," Shijie murmured to herself as Skel left. "Sometimes, it is unavoidable. And too, as if I don't value my leg." She scoffed. "A mirror can walk on three. I have one left if I lose this."

The ridgeback gathered his thoughts, apparently done with his waiting and sitting, and knocked on the door. Once, twice, thrice, seven times in total, in some kind of pattern. He was murmuring something to himself under his breath, sounding like poetry or a chant.
6iOpr3w.pngCheuG1b.png
Vagor eyed Sootleap "My area of expertise is in quantum physics. There is no taking apart of anyone." He laced his claws together, somehow still displaying no emotion despite how keen he seemed to be on the topic "Shall I start a lecture?" Irrus tilted his head, eyes bright "Pacifists..." He cackled "I never was one. Never could be. Hehehehe" The spiral tapped his large claws on the bars, grinning in response to some thought he'd just had "Start chattin'" Skade waved a wing "If there's som'ething or som'eone dangerous outside, they ent getting in without trouble" The mirror sharpened his claws on the floor, jerking his head up as Skel darted past the door "Hmh" A small bogsneak hesitantly approached the ridgeback, stopping quite far away from him "...You, you... wa-nt to get in?" His quiet, uncertain voice was not helped by the trouble he evidently had with breathing "Get in..." The bogsneak wheezed a bit harder, thinking "Have I... been in... here? No, no..." A shiver ran down his spine. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75006743][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/750068/75006743_350.png[/img][/url]
Vagor eyed Sootleap "My area of expertise is in quantum physics. There is no taking apart of anyone." He laced his claws together, somehow still displaying no emotion despite how keen he seemed to be on the topic "Shall I start a lecture?"
Irrus tilted his head, eyes bright "Pacifists..." He cackled "I never was one. Never could be. Hehehehe" The spiral tapped his large claws on the bars, grinning in response to some thought he'd just had "Start chattin'"

Skade waved a wing "If there's som'ething or som'eone dangerous outside, they ent getting in without trouble" The mirror sharpened his claws on the floor, jerking his head up as Skel darted past the door "Hmh"

A small bogsneak hesitantly approached the ridgeback, stopping quite far away from him "...You, you... wa-nt to get in?" His quiet, uncertain voice was not helped by the trouble he evidently had with breathing "Get in..." The bogsneak wheezed a bit harder, thinking "Have I... been in... here? No, no..." A shiver ran down his spine.

75006743_350.png
Continuum rift RP
(Suddenly a large pearlcatcher gets thrown into a nearby cell) "LET ME OUT! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/92927082][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/929271/92927082_350.png[/img][/url] "I WAS ONLY TRYING TO GET MY PEARL BACK!" (she looks around the room to spot the other dragons and abruptly stops yelling her plea for innocence.) "Oh hello... kind dragons?" (Then continues screaming.)
(Suddenly a large pearlcatcher gets thrown into a nearby cell)
"LET ME OUT! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!"
92927082_350.png
"I WAS ONLY TRYING TO GET MY PEARL BACK!"
(she looks around the room to spot the other dragons and abruptly stops yelling her plea for innocence.)
"Oh hello... kind dragons?"
(Then continues screaming.)
1000001089.png
"Greetings," the ridgeback spoke. One of his cyan eyes didn't move as he looked at the bogsneak with a smile. "I have come a long way from the Icefield. My superiors order that I meet with the warden of this place to request the transfer of a dangerous prisoner who managed to escape and is now here. It would be of greatest kindness if you allowed me to meet..." he pulled a scroll out of his case, frowning at the name, "Mr. Grim Grove?"

"Quantum physics... What's that?" Sootleap made the cat equivalent of a frown, blinking at Vagor. "Yeah, sure, lecture, whatever, professor. If anything, I can share the information with my mistress. I don't believe she knows of this.... quantum thing."
(I think Vagor might be the only one in the building who knows ANYTHING aboyt quantum physics... Unless there's another genius around who went to dragon college?)

"Did she just leave the Pathfinder's cell?" Eagle's eyes seemed very, very gold. He took a slow step towards the door - and then jumped back when a pearlcatcher got thrown in, open-mouthed with shock. "Uh, pearlcatcher? What..." There was a slightly hostile look in his golden gaze as he stared at the new arrival. "Miss, are you alright? You seem rather, uh, distressed."

Shijie's eye widened as she sniffed the air. "Another one... Another target, hmm? Poor little thing, ignorant and away from her soul... Can hear her wailing from here," she whispered to herself.
"Greetings," the ridgeback spoke. One of his cyan eyes didn't move as he looked at the bogsneak with a smile. "I have come a long way from the Icefield. My superiors order that I meet with the warden of this place to request the transfer of a dangerous prisoner who managed to escape and is now here. It would be of greatest kindness if you allowed me to meet..." he pulled a scroll out of his case, frowning at the name, "Mr. Grim Grove?"

"Quantum physics... What's that?" Sootleap made the cat equivalent of a frown, blinking at Vagor. "Yeah, sure, lecture, whatever, professor. If anything, I can share the information with my mistress. I don't believe she knows of this.... quantum thing."
(I think Vagor might be the only one in the building who knows ANYTHING aboyt quantum physics... Unless there's another genius around who went to dragon college?)

"Did she just leave the Pathfinder's cell?" Eagle's eyes seemed very, very gold. He took a slow step towards the door - and then jumped back when a pearlcatcher got thrown in, open-mouthed with shock. "Uh, pearlcatcher? What..." There was a slightly hostile look in his golden gaze as he stared at the new arrival. "Miss, are you alright? You seem rather, uh, distressed."

Shijie's eye widened as she sniffed the air. "Another one... Another target, hmm? Poor little thing, ignorant and away from her soul... Can hear her wailing from here," she whispered to herself.
6iOpr3w.pngCheuG1b.png
"I'M NOT OKAY THEY ARE GOING TO KILL ME!" She starts chanting a plea.
"Kontchu please I didn't do anything!" She starts crying
"it was your stupid deciple! I told her not to use her dark magic in public!"
"I'M NOT OKAY THEY ARE GOING TO KILL ME!" She starts chanting a plea.
"Kontchu please I didn't do anything!" She starts crying
"it was your stupid deciple! I told her not to use her dark magic in public!"
1000001089.png
Vagor sighed "You do not even know..." He stared off into the distance, trying to figure out where to start "Hum... This information is useless to you and your mistress, as you won't understand anything" The pearlcatcher clicked his teeth together "Little feline, are you aware of the concept of an electron?"
Irrus flicked out his tongue, causally stretched out an arm, then swiped the side of Vagor's neck.
(He smort. Sometimes. The only other to probably have got some fancy studies stuff would be GG. Skade & Irrus don't have the patience and the others are already occupied)

She hummed to herself, letting her feet take them both no-where in particular

Skade scowled at the new pearlcatcher "Quit yer yappin. It ent m'y job to check if yuh guilty or not" He glared at Eagle "Who the 'ecks Pathfinder?"

The Bogsneak crept a little closer "Ice?" He stared off into the distance, eyes becoming glazed, then wacked himself with a wing. Focus! "Grim... Groooove... I think... I know that... name-" He pulled on his hood "I think... I think... He's in charge. Has a hat. Lives, rests..." The bogsneak trailed off, wheezing quietly "Door... a door... I can't remember... can't remember" He clawed at the ground in distress, frowning. Deities, he was never usually this disjointed "Um... what was your question again?" Unless... oh no. NK shuddered with a suppressed cough, wincing as the movement unsettled the fluid within the tubes attached to his neck.
Vagor sighed "You do not even know..." He stared off into the distance, trying to figure out where to start "Hum... This information is useless to you and your mistress, as you won't understand anything" The pearlcatcher clicked his teeth together "Little feline, are you aware of the concept of an electron?"
Irrus flicked out his tongue, causally stretched out an arm, then swiped the side of Vagor's neck.
(He smort. Sometimes. The only other to probably have got some fancy studies stuff would be GG. Skade & Irrus don't have the patience and the others are already occupied)

She hummed to herself, letting her feet take them both no-where in particular

Skade scowled at the new pearlcatcher "Quit yer yappin. It ent m'y job to check if yuh guilty or not" He glared at Eagle "Who the 'ecks Pathfinder?"

The Bogsneak crept a little closer "Ice?" He stared off into the distance, eyes becoming glazed, then wacked himself with a wing. Focus! "Grim... Groooove... I think... I know that... name-" He pulled on his hood "I think... I think... He's in charge. Has a hat. Lives, rests..." The bogsneak trailed off, wheezing quietly "Door... a door... I can't remember... can't remember" He clawed at the ground in distress, frowning. Deities, he was never usually this disjointed "Um... what was your question again?" Unless... oh no. NK shuddered with a suppressed cough, wincing as the movement unsettled the fluid within the tubes attached to his neck.
Continuum rift RP
1 2 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437