Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | shark club | open
1 2 3
Pangolins use rocks in lieu of teeth.
Pangolins, also called scaly anteaters, have no teeth. They eat only insects, and so have adapted their mouths to accomodate an very long tongue with sticky saliva to grab bugs out of their nests. To help crush up and digest their food, they also consume small rocks and pebbles, known as gastroliths. These sit in a special organ called the gizzard, where, along with internal horn-like projections, their food is crushed up and "chewed" after it is swallowed.

This has been an informative bump.
Pangolins use rocks in lieu of teeth.
Pangolins, also called scaly anteaters, have no teeth. They eat only insects, and so have adapted their mouths to accomodate an very long tongue with sticky saliva to grab bugs out of their nests. To help crush up and digest their food, they also consume small rocks and pebbles, known as gastroliths. These sit in a special organ called the gizzard, where, along with internal horn-like projections, their food is crushed up and "chewed" after it is swallowed.

BuqUhtW.png
Pit vipers have a special organ called a loreal pit between their eyes and nostrils.
It senses infrared thermal radiation and helps them hunt prey via heat!

Pit vipers have a special organ called a loreal pit between their eyes and nostrils.
It senses infrared thermal radiation and helps them hunt prey via heat!

BuqUhtW.png
Leafcutter ants are farmers who grow fungi
They cultivate their fungal gardens by providing them with freshly cut leaves, protecting them from pests and molds, and clearing them of decayed material and garbage. In return, the fungus acts as a food source for the ants’ larvae. This symbiotic relationship also benefits from a bacterium that grows on the ants’ bodies and secretes antimicrobials, which the ants use to protect their fungi. Leafcutter ants can strip as much as 17% of the leaf biomass from plants in their ecosystem and can clear entire trees in under a day.

Leafcutter ants are farmers who grow fungi
They cultivate their fungal gardens by providing them with freshly cut leaves, protecting them from pests and molds, and clearing them of decayed material and garbage. In return, the fungus acts as a food source for the ants’ larvae. This symbiotic relationship also benefits from a bacterium that grows on the ants’ bodies and secretes antimicrobials, which the ants use to protect their fungi. Leafcutter ants can strip as much as 17% of the leaf biomass from plants in their ecosystem and can clear entire trees in under a day.

BuqUhtW.png
Koala bears have fingerprints, just like humans!
This seems to enhance their sense of touch, and allows them to be very selective when choosing which eucalyptus leaves to eat.

Koala bears have fingerprints, just like humans!
This seems to enhance their sense of touch, and allows them to be very selective when choosing which eucalyptus leaves to eat.

BuqUhtW.png
Ostritches don't actually stick their head in the sand.
This myth seems to have originated in ancient Rome. Ostriches do not build nests, instead burying their eggs in the sand. Possibly ancient romans saw the birds burying their brood and mistook them for hiding.

Ostritches don't actually stick their head in the sand.
This myth seems to have originated in ancient Rome. Ostriches do not build nests, instead burying their eggs in the sand. Possibly ancient romans saw the birds burying their brood and mistook them for hiding.

BuqUhtW.png
@CeramicShark Hii~ Your sharks are so cute, lol. May I request a bust of my dinosaur boy Grimm? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9119440][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/91195/9119440_350.png[/img][/url] [b]EDIT:[/b] Ah whoops, I always forget to look for a form. [b]Username:[/b] PhoenixRaven [b]Dragon [u]Link(s)[/u]:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/9119440]Grimm[/url] [b]Commission Type:[/b] Complete Bust [b]Payment:[/b] Gems (+ wishlist items maybe?)
@CeramicShark Hii~ Your sharks are so cute, lol. May I request a bust of my dinosaur boy Grimm?

9119440_350.png

EDIT: Ah whoops, I always forget to look for a form.

Username: PhoenixRaven
Dragon Link(s): Grimm
Commission Type: Complete Bust
Payment: Gems (+ wishlist items maybe?)
8bICJ62.gif
@PhoenixRaven A shark has been dispatched to confirm your order! Please check your mail when possible, it can get a little cramped in there. <3
@PhoenixRaven A shark has been dispatched to confirm your order! Please check your mail when possible, it can get a little cramped in there. <3
BuqUhtW.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/l9pIGxg.png[/img] [font=sitka banner]friend bump![/font][/center]
l9pIGxg.png

friend bump!
KJvgq3Q.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/l9pIGxg.png[/img] [font=sitka banner]friend bump![/font][/center]
l9pIGxg.png

friend bump!
KJvgq3Q.png
Reindeer's eyes change colour with the season!
They appear gold in the summer and blue in the winter. Scientists think it helps them to adapt to dark arctic winters.

Reindeer's eyes change colour with the season!
They appear gold in the summer and blue in the winter. Scientists think it helps them to adapt to dark arctic winters.

BuqUhtW.png
1 2 3