Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which was Your Favourite Festival Gene?
WAVECREST! It's just so beautiful how it's both fin-like and water-like and I absolutely adore how it always fades to blue- as a water lair who has a BUNCH of water-themed G1 projects, it is an absolute lifesaver to have a tert that always can be blue. I will be using that to save difficult terts SO MUCH. I only wish it flowed better on undertides, but it's gorgeous on dusthide males especially I'm hopeful for if any other ancients get it in the future (if they expand them)

But Greenskeeper is a close second! It's just stunning and what I honestly had hoped branches was all along. It's so pretty, especially with the falling flower petals, and I can see myself using it a looot
WAVECREST! It's just so beautiful how it's both fin-like and water-like and I absolutely adore how it always fades to blue- as a water lair who has a BUNCH of water-themed G1 projects, it is an absolute lifesaver to have a tert that always can be blue. I will be using that to save difficult terts SO MUCH. I only wish it flowed better on undertides, but it's gorgeous on dusthide males especially I'm hopeful for if any other ancients get it in the future (if they expand them)

But Greenskeeper is a close second! It's just stunning and what I honestly had hoped branches was all along. It's so pretty, especially with the falling flower petals, and I can see myself using it a looot
image-11.pngPX2x8Tb.pngKf07YpS.png1V130eO.pngOBuVDiS.png
Starfall, thundercrack, and trickmurk are my favorites, although riot is slowly creeping up there after my initial "what is this" reaction. I was hoping for vines for greenskeeper, but I'm sure the actual gene will [i]grow[/i] on me. [emoji=skydancer winking size=1]
Starfall, thundercrack, and trickmurk are my favorites, although riot is slowly creeping up there after my initial "what is this" reaction. I was hoping for vines for greenskeeper, but I'm sure the actual gene will grow on me.
I'm rather bad at interacting with people, so if I don't respond to something, I probably don't know what to say. Sorry in advance. Glass, they/them, FR +2
UNA8DS1.png
Greenskeeper by a landslide!
Greenskeeper by a landslide!
5og2peq.gif
It's a toss-up between Flameforger and Riot
Flameforger I use a lot in scries (or look at it) cuz it's really versatile
but as a plagueling I love riot. It's not the most easy gene to work with, but it's grown on me
However, Greenskeeper surprised me with how easy it is to work with
It's a toss-up between Flameforger and Riot
Flameforger I use a lot in scries (or look at it) cuz it's really versatile
but as a plagueling I love riot. It's not the most easy gene to work with, but it's grown on me
However, Greenskeeper surprised me with how easy it is to work with
in7SefG.png
Flameforgers, Rockbreaker, and Trickmurk are in the top 3 for me. I do also like starfall and thundercrack but they're a little more difficult for me to work with.
Flameforgers, Rockbreaker, and Trickmurk are in the top 3 for me. I do also like starfall and thundercrack but they're a little more difficult for me to work with.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
Greenskeeper is my favorite, Mistral is second. I don't like most of the other genes, but Wavecrest is my absolute least favorite.
Greenskeeper is my favorite, Mistral is second. I don't like most of the other genes, but Wavecrest is my absolute least favorite.
QhgrQOdz_o.png
__ IMG-0872.png
bYt72YT.png
ke2VaLK.png
XmHV7tO.png
kHBaXec.png
_ ZwbGqUa.png
s7kOTpJ.gif
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
______________________ Z3dQSWk.png
1. Flameforger
-Simple, attached to the dragon, looks cool.

2. Greenskeeper
-I'm glad it's vines and not floating leaves. Lots of colors.

3. Trickmurk
-I like goop. It looks a bit weird floating upwards on Veils, though.

4. Thundercrack
-Good gene, but doesn't fit a lot of dragons.

5. Starfall
-Even though it's floating around the dragon, it's more alien and/or magical, so it's ok.

6. Crystalline
-The colors are too washed out for me to want to use it right now, but the art is nice.

7. Riot
-I wanted to like Riot more as a Plagueling, but it needed something extra. Like head fins. It looks unfinished :(

8. Wavecrest
-Eh, it's ok. Armpit placement is weird, and all the colors always contain blue so....it won't work for a lot of dragons.

9. Mistral
-Boring, disappointing. I wanted something like the swirly mane on the Windsinger, attached to the dragon, but it looks like apparel.

10. Brightshine
-Used to be my least favorite, until Rockbreaker.

11. Rockbreaker
-Ooof. Yeah this one is ugly, floating rocks, really? I wished for a cracked geode gene (different than Opal) that looked like it was a part of the dragon.

1. Flameforger
-Simple, attached to the dragon, looks cool.

2. Greenskeeper
-I'm glad it's vines and not floating leaves. Lots of colors.

3. Trickmurk
-I like goop. It looks a bit weird floating upwards on Veils, though.

4. Thundercrack
-Good gene, but doesn't fit a lot of dragons.

5. Starfall
-Even though it's floating around the dragon, it's more alien and/or magical, so it's ok.

6. Crystalline
-The colors are too washed out for me to want to use it right now, but the art is nice.

7. Riot
-I wanted to like Riot more as a Plagueling, but it needed something extra. Like head fins. It looks unfinished :(

8. Wavecrest
-Eh, it's ok. Armpit placement is weird, and all the colors always contain blue so....it won't work for a lot of dragons.

9. Mistral
-Boring, disappointing. I wanted something like the swirly mane on the Windsinger, attached to the dragon, but it looks like apparel.

10. Brightshine
-Used to be my least favorite, until Rockbreaker.

11. Rockbreaker
-Ooof. Yeah this one is ugly, floating rocks, really? I wished for a cracked geode gene (different than Opal) that looked like it was a part of the dragon.

gfCdYdH.gif Ninth | She/Her
Shadow and Bone Hatchery
Skins and Accents
Not a fan of most of them, or they're very situational, but I gotta say Riot and Trickmurk are really suited to my tastes. I already have plans for Trickmurk as smoke on a dragon that really needed a good gene for his blue tert.

And Tyrion looks great with Riot. She's such shark vibes

Close third though, is Thundercrack, but I don't think it's useful for that many differnet types of dragons. Though, it looks good with most any colour!

I gened two dragons myself with it when it first came out, 'cause I was super excited!

Not a fan of most of them, or they're very situational, but I gotta say Riot and Trickmurk are really suited to my tastes. I already have plans for Trickmurk as smoke on a dragon that really needed a good gene for his blue tert.

And Tyrion looks great with Riot. She's such shark vibes

Close third though, is Thundercrack, but I don't think it's useful for that many differnet types of dragons. Though, it looks good with most any colour!

I gened two dragons myself with it when it first came out, 'cause I was super excited!

fav FR colour: spruce
fav FR gene combo: display/lacquer/topcoat
fav FR breed: sandsurge
i am... a hoarder...
w8o0xW1.png Veilamore/Veil/Amore
ping me please
they/them
At the moment I’d have to say Greenskeeper is my favourite by some margin. It’s like Branches and Blossom had a baby and it’s glorious and everything I needed for tree dragons.

Honourable mentions go to Thundercrack & Flameforger, as these are the only two I actively use on dragons that need genes xD

I have a few of the others but I find them so situational that they almost never work: and that’s why I think Greenskeeper is my favourite; I can see it working when other genes just don’t and I like that.
At the moment I’d have to say Greenskeeper is my favourite by some margin. It’s like Branches and Blossom had a baby and it’s glorious and everything I needed for tree dragons.

Honourable mentions go to Thundercrack & Flameforger, as these are the only two I actively use on dragons that need genes xD

I have a few of the others but I find them so situational that they almost never work: and that’s why I think Greenskeeper is my favourite; I can see it working when other genes just don’t and I like that.
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
starfall and thundercrack are tied. i want them on all of my dragons.
starfall and thundercrack are tied. i want them on all of my dragons.
VWPWMZp.png