Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video games you love but won't play
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Anything in the Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Elden Ring loop - games where the point is to fail again and again and again to learn the boss mechanics and 'get good' so you can progress in the game. Kudos to those who love them, but personally I don't find anything fun about dying and losing my progress as a built-in part of the game you know?

Also games that focus on the PvP aspect as their primary game mechanic; it always ends up being the people who have a ton of free time and disposable income to throw at the best gear who win and everyone else is just never going to be able to compete with them. I like PvP in some instances as long as it's relegated to specific areas you have to choose to go into and choose to partake in, but if it's just what the game is based mostly around then no thank you.
Anything in the Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Elden Ring loop - games where the point is to fail again and again and again to learn the boss mechanics and 'get good' so you can progress in the game. Kudos to those who love them, but personally I don't find anything fun about dying and losing my progress as a built-in part of the game you know?

Also games that focus on the PvP aspect as their primary game mechanic; it always ends up being the people who have a ton of free time and disposable income to throw at the best gear who win and everyone else is just never going to be able to compete with them. I like PvP in some instances as long as it's relegated to specific areas you have to choose to go into and choose to partake in, but if it's just what the game is based mostly around then no thank you.
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
I've been haunted by Ghost Trick for years, everyone says it's an incredible game and that I should play it and that's really good and soooo enjoyable and, well. I booted it up and discovered the gameplay loop was not for me whatsoever, the mechanics required are about as antithetical to my playstyle and abilities as it gets. The good news is I can make other people play it for me at least!
I've been haunted by Ghost Trick for years, everyone says it's an incredible game and that I should play it and that's really good and soooo enjoyable and, well. I booted it up and discovered the gameplay loop was not for me whatsoever, the mechanics required are about as antithetical to my playstyle and abilities as it gets. The good news is I can make other people play it for me at least!
JXVUomh.png
Anything exclusive to a console/device I don't own. :I
Anything exclusive to a console/device I don't own. :I
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Undertale-- I was a massive fan back when it released, I watched every gameplay, every theory, every comic dub, I knew every easter egg, and I was so into the fandom but I never had the chance to play it back then. Now I have the game but after watching so many people play it I don't really care about playing myself, I literally know everything that will or could happen, so it just sits there in my desktop lol
Undertale-- I was a massive fan back when it released, I watched every gameplay, every theory, every comic dub, I knew every easter egg, and I was so into the fandom but I never had the chance to play it back then. Now I have the game but after watching so many people play it I don't really care about playing myself, I literally know everything that will or could happen, so it just sits there in my desktop lol
J2vNoME.gif > FR time +4
> Artfol
> Avatar dragon
> PING ME. I love getting silly notifs
> This will be prettier someday
Fear and Hunger (one and two). I've tried playing the 1st, kept on dying so stopped and instead I love watching people play it. The game is just incredibly difficult, with many random elements (you literaly have to coin flip to save, and if you loose, welp you probably die and loose all the progress). It's very VERY difficult also to watch because of the horror in it (many red liquid coming from people, lost limbs and even more horrible stuff) but the story is excelent. Don't play it, watch it. At least, if you can't stand gore, you won't get shocked by it
Fear and Hunger (one and two). I've tried playing the 1st, kept on dying so stopped and instead I love watching people play it. The game is just incredibly difficult, with many random elements (you literaly have to coin flip to save, and if you loose, welp you probably die and loose all the progress). It's very VERY difficult also to watch because of the horror in it (many red liquid coming from people, lost limbs and even more horrible stuff) but the story is excelent. Don't play it, watch it. At least, if you can't stand gore, you won't get shocked by it
s8ii3YW.png
Oh there's a lot! I'm so picky about the kind of gameplay I enjoy, but I love lots of games lol

Hades is one of these for me! I absolutely love watching people play those games, but the gameplay just isn't my thing.

League of Legends has also become one of those games...I played it for like 8 or so years but now I am MUCH much happier just watching people play as opposed to playing myself. Still adore the characters and lore though.
Oh there's a lot! I'm so picky about the kind of gameplay I enjoy, but I love lots of games lol

Hades is one of these for me! I absolutely love watching people play those games, but the gameplay just isn't my thing.

League of Legends has also become one of those games...I played it for like 8 or so years but now I am MUCH much happier just watching people play as opposed to playing myself. Still adore the characters and lore though.
CLljvdp.png
For me, my favourite video game is Undertale but I'd never play it myself! The story and music is phenomenal but the battle/fighting aspect is overwhelming just to look at and I feel like I'd never be able to do it myself, even at my big age.
For me, my favourite video game is Undertale but I'd never play it myself! The story and music is phenomenal but the battle/fighting aspect is overwhelming just to look at and I feel like I'd never be able to do it myself, even at my big age.
Neopets…. That site used to be great, AND I have some old accounts there, but iced them a long time ago… a few years a years actually, I remember it like it was yesterday…. This little kid, pain in the neck he was kept yanking my chain and I was being as patient as I could, saying “stop it please..” but who was warned?!? I was the warned, not the kid even though he was the one being bad guy. That’s all it took to get to ice all my accounts.. I didn’t want to deal with JumpStarts horrible new rules.
Neopets…. That site used to be great, AND I have some old accounts there, but iced them a long time ago… a few years a years actually, I remember it like it was yesterday…. This little kid, pain in the neck he was kept yanking my chain and I was being as patient as I could, saying “stop it please..” but who was warned?!? I was the warned, not the kid even though he was the one being bad guy. That’s all it took to get to ice all my accounts.. I didn’t want to deal with JumpStarts horrible new rules.
This user has Autism and epilepsy, please be nice to her.
Im super big on fnaf and other horror games but im terrible at them myself lol.
id much rather just watch some youtuber play them instead-- its almost calming when you dont have the controls yourself sometimes
Im super big on fnaf and other horror games but im terrible at them myself lol.
id much rather just watch some youtuber play them instead-- its almost calming when you dont have the controls yourself sometimes
22387.png 5beab925eb53598d0a6c8968eba0841e88677546.jpg 164.png
TF2 :(
TF2 :(
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13