Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Sorting Duplicates at Baldwin's
(this is my first ever forum post! apologies if formatting is confusing or off.)

Wondering if there could be a way to sort out duplicate apparel and familiar items so that it would be easier to transmute copies and not accidentally burn a unique item. Searching in general would be nice for Baldwin's since its tedious to scroll through pages worth of apparel or familiars trying to find one with a duplicate I could burn.
(this is my first ever forum post! apologies if formatting is confusing or off.)

Wondering if there could be a way to sort out duplicate apparel and familiar items so that it would be easier to transmute copies and not accidentally burn a unique item. Searching in general would be nice for Baldwin's since its tedious to scroll through pages worth of apparel or familiars trying to find one with a duplicate I could burn.
Any kind of Baldwin sorting would be great, honestly, but it's especially needed for fams and even more so apparel, you're right - both because they don't have stacks, and because players have reason to keep all their apparel and fams in their main hoard instead of vaulting them. Those are items that actually interact with your dragons.

It doesn't have to be the exact same system as the hoard/vault one, but there really ought to be something.
Any kind of Baldwin sorting would be great, honestly, but it's especially needed for fams and even more so apparel, you're right - both because they don't have stacks, and because players have reason to keep all their apparel and fams in their main hoard instead of vaulting them. Those are items that actually interact with your dragons.

It doesn't have to be the exact same system as the hoard/vault one, but there really ought to be something.
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
I wonder if a potential solution would be to have some sort of "add to alchemy shelf" button in the hoard (in a similar manner to the vault button) that would put the selected items into a secondary inventory that would then be the pool of items that one could select from at baldwin, making it such that there would be no risk of melting an important item, and also reducing the load time for players with very bloated hoards.

The first time a player visits baldwin could have a pop-up tutorial prompt that has a message along the lines of "add some items to your shelf to start brewing!"

I feel that this would probably be the cleanest way to not have to entirely revamp baldwin. The shelf could be accessed in the inventory as a separate collection like the vault is (and thus provide the ability to add or remove items as needed) and the baldwin interface could probably stay the same as long as it drew only from this shelf instead of the whole standard hoard.
I wonder if a potential solution would be to have some sort of "add to alchemy shelf" button in the hoard (in a similar manner to the vault button) that would put the selected items into a secondary inventory that would then be the pool of items that one could select from at baldwin, making it such that there would be no risk of melting an important item, and also reducing the load time for players with very bloated hoards.

The first time a player visits baldwin could have a pop-up tutorial prompt that has a message along the lines of "add some items to your shelf to start brewing!"

I feel that this would probably be the cleanest way to not have to entirely revamp baldwin. The shelf could be accessed in the inventory as a separate collection like the vault is (and thus provide the ability to add or remove items as needed) and the baldwin interface could probably stay the same as long as it drew only from this shelf instead of the whole standard hoard.
OvgrUjj.png
Ooh, that's a great thought - it could also be some kind of marker like the favorite button, so that you don't need to move every stack/unit every time and it won't remove your ability to use that item in other functions (Swipp, dressing dragons, familiars, etc) if they have another use. So you could say you always want Psywurms to be transmutable, for example.
Ooh, that's a great thought - it could also be some kind of marker like the favorite button, so that you don't need to move every stack/unit every time and it won't remove your ability to use that item in other functions (Swipp, dressing dragons, familiars, etc) if they have another use. So you could say you always want Psywurms to be transmutable, for example.
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png