Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Flightrising very slow
1 2 3
I'll toss my hat in the ring and say I've also been experiencing slowdown for the past several days. Firefox, laptop, Windows 10, 6487 users active as of this post. I wouldn't be surprised if the uptick in users is the cause, although from what I remember the slowdown wasn't that much worse during that weird few hours when there were over 20K active users several months back. At least, I think so.

I haven't tried any other browsers or devices to check, but I did momentarily activate an adblocker to see if that helped, and while it didn't completely fix the problem, it eased the slowdown enough for me to play my G&G for the day (and it also seemed to fix the Crim bug other Firefox users have been reporting -- will require further testing, though). I've since turned off the adblocker again, but if the various ads and trackers are the problem, that's concerning.
I'll toss my hat in the ring and say I've also been experiencing slowdown for the past several days. Firefox, laptop, Windows 10, 6487 users active as of this post. I wouldn't be surprised if the uptick in users is the cause, although from what I remember the slowdown wasn't that much worse during that weird few hours when there were over 20K active users several months back. At least, I think so.

I haven't tried any other browsers or devices to check, but I did momentarily activate an adblocker to see if that helped, and while it didn't completely fix the problem, it eased the slowdown enough for me to play my G&G for the day (and it also seemed to fix the Crim bug other Firefox users have been reporting -- will require further testing, though). I've since turned off the adblocker again, but if the various ads and trackers are the problem, that's concerning.
vpXA3Xy.jpg
Also experiencing lag and constant connection drops while using the coliseum, it's made leveling up for exalting painfully slow. (What would usually take 45 minutes to an hour now has taken over two hours.) Using Firefox version 126.0, Windows 10, internet connection is fine and works well on all other sites. Turning on my adblocker again helped with some of the lag but not as much as I'd hoped, and I'd prefer to keep my adblocker off as long as it doesn't lag the site to unusability. I just wanted to level up my fodder before heading to bed T_T
Also experiencing lag and constant connection drops while using the coliseum, it's made leveling up for exalting painfully slow. (What would usually take 45 minutes to an hour now has taken over two hours.) Using Firefox version 126.0, Windows 10, internet connection is fine and works well on all other sites. Turning on my adblocker again helped with some of the lag but not as much as I'd hoped, and I'd prefer to keep my adblocker off as long as it doesn't lag the site to unusability. I just wanted to level up my fodder before heading to bed T_T
n29EMdP.png
7roFh1r.png
c7EfJg9.png
istzT63.png
Coming in to say it's been really bad for me, too. I know it's not my internet or even my devices themselves because every other site I frequently use runs perfectly fine. I haven't played coli recently, so I can't lend my own experience with it being laggy or not in my case.

Unfortunately, however, almost every other part of the site lags terribly. Going from one page to another takes far longer than usual. Trying to bond with familiars is so so painful. Clicking on a notification to be taken to another part of the site is met with significant delay, as well as the actual notification drop down. G&G runs slow, too.

I'm on Chrome on both laptop and mobile. (Not sure what version and don't really know how to check, but I assume it's the latest.) Use an HP Laptop and a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G. I'm on at various times throughout the day/late into the night and early morning, and can't really say I've had any difference in more/less lag at any specific time.

Editing to add: Usually when I play there's about 4-6k players on. As of writing this there's 5,762. I do think the uptick in active users could maybe be an issue. Although, as I said, in my case the lag seems to have a consistent baseline of suck regardless of the time. Haven't noticed much of a difference throughout.
Coming in to say it's been really bad for me, too. I know it's not my internet or even my devices themselves because every other site I frequently use runs perfectly fine. I haven't played coli recently, so I can't lend my own experience with it being laggy or not in my case.

Unfortunately, however, almost every other part of the site lags terribly. Going from one page to another takes far longer than usual. Trying to bond with familiars is so so painful. Clicking on a notification to be taken to another part of the site is met with significant delay, as well as the actual notification drop down. G&G runs slow, too.

I'm on Chrome on both laptop and mobile. (Not sure what version and don't really know how to check, but I assume it's the latest.) Use an HP Laptop and a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G. I'm on at various times throughout the day/late into the night and early morning, and can't really say I've had any difference in more/less lag at any specific time.

Editing to add: Usually when I play there's about 4-6k players on. As of writing this there's 5,762. I do think the uptick in active users could maybe be an issue. Although, as I said, in my case the lag seems to have a consistent baseline of suck regardless of the time. Haven't noticed much of a difference throughout.
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
I am not having issues on my main device, other than the occasional slow load on a random page when my internet has a hiccup. Firefox, windows 10, Ublock Origin installed.
however, when I try to load a FR page on my phone (Chrome, android, no adblocker), it takes a very long time to load everything. I unfortunately haven't been paying enough attention to be able to pin it on any specific ads.
I hope this'll help narrow down the problem.
I am not having issues on my main device, other than the occasional slow load on a random page when my internet has a hiccup. Firefox, windows 10, Ublock Origin installed.
however, when I try to load a FR page on my phone (Chrome, android, no adblocker), it takes a very long time to load everything. I unfortunately haven't been paying enough attention to be able to pin it on any specific ads.
I hope this'll help narrow down the problem.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Coming back to point out that everything is running remarkably smooth (for me) atm. Not sure if lag is related to user spikes since there's currently 5,227 online as a write this. Hardly any less than when I posted earlier, but who knows atm.
Coming back to point out that everything is running remarkably smooth (for me) atm. Not sure if lag is related to user spikes since there's currently 5,227 online as a write this. Hardly any less than when I posted earlier, but who knows atm.
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)

Unsure if this is related but worth mentioning just in case.

For the last couple days I've been getting "ghost" notifications. If I idle for a while (usually around an hour) I get two notifications, but when I open the menu nothing new shows up. The last notification that wasn't Baldwin, Arlo or expired auctions were from almost a week ago.

It does seem to happen when the site is slowing down, so I'm wondering if the lag is causing the game to think my notifs are new?

Edit;; i should probably mention that the notifs are not Baldwin, Arlo or AH. The notifs have been happening between them, or after I've already cleared the relevant notifs. If that makes any sense.

Unsure if this is related but worth mentioning just in case.

For the last couple days I've been getting "ghost" notifications. If I idle for a while (usually around an hour) I get two notifications, but when I open the menu nothing new shows up. The last notification that wasn't Baldwin, Arlo or expired auctions were from almost a week ago.

It does seem to happen when the site is slowing down, so I'm wondering if the lag is causing the game to think my notifs are new?

Edit;; i should probably mention that the notifs are not Baldwin, Arlo or AH. The notifs have been happening between them, or after I've already cleared the relevant notifs. If that makes any sense.
54903613_BfOznXPD7fp3QHV.gif qbj5aU6.gif ?PTfL=party_xy.png
@Apoch

Is it possible that you're reading notifications for Arlo, AH, etc, but then going back a page or two to before you might have read them? This is the only circumstance I've had this happen under, but if that's not what's happening for you feel free to ignore this
@Apoch

Is it possible that you're reading notifications for Arlo, AH, etc, but then going back a page or two to before you might have read them? This is the only circumstance I've had this happen under, but if that's not what's happening for you feel free to ignore this
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)

@SpiritsoftheSun
The first few times maybe, but it’s been continuous without me refreshing or going back a page. Unless my devices are refreshing/going back a page without my knowledge.

@SpiritsoftheSun
The first few times maybe, but it’s been continuous without me refreshing or going back a page. Unless my devices are refreshing/going back a page without my knowledge.
54903613_BfOznXPD7fp3QHV.gif qbj5aU6.gif ?PTfL=party_xy.png
@Apoch

Definitely could be from the lag then! Very odd.
@Apoch

Definitely could be from the lag then! Very odd.
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
Windows 10 Opera GX latest version

Also experiencing lag, especially bad in the coli.
Windows 10 Opera GX latest version

Also experiencing lag, especially bad in the coli.
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
1 2 3