Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Birthday Icon
I would like to suggest having a birthday icon on each dragon for the 24 hours of that day (site time), like where the gender, element sign, and breedability icons are located. That way it would be visible on the auction house if a dragon is having a birthday, and you could easily see if one of your dragons is having a birthday in your lair as you go through to bond with familiars. I just feel like the dragon birthdays are under celebrated and would like to suggest a little celebration icon for them. [center]Like the [emoji=birthday cake size=1] icon is already here[/center] Optional small slice of cake for that dragon that only is available to redeem on the day of, but I think that might be a little too much to code.
I would like to suggest having a birthday icon on each dragon for the 24 hours of that day (site time), like where the gender, element sign, and breedability icons are located. That way it would be visible on the auction house if a dragon is having a birthday, and you could easily see if one of your dragons is having a birthday in your lair as you go through to bond with familiars.

I just feel like the dragon birthdays are under celebrated and would like to suggest a little celebration icon for them.
Like the icon is already here

Optional small slice of cake for that dragon that only is available to redeem on the day of, but I think that might be a little too much to code.
fBVWC4D.pnguPOLOvt.pngnWiQNX9.pngJ7D1quC.png3adgzZD.pngA4CLXPb.gif
Love this idea! I hunt for birthday dragons and it would be so helpful!
Love this idea! I hunt for birthday dragons and it would be so helpful!
sixivRf.gif
Astral - 1990 - They/Them
Freelance Artist for hire!

Art Shop | Hatchery

AVEOprG.png
Oh this would be cute! Full support ^_^

It could also be toggleable if some users REALLY didn’t want it for whatever reason
Oh this would be cute! Full support ^_^

It could also be toggleable if some users REALLY didn’t want it for whatever reason
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
...on the slice of cake thing, I would like to note that I have 500 [edit: ...600... oh gosh] dragons, and there are users with far more than I do. That feels like something that could be gamed. Of course, I suppose whether or not that's a bad thing is kind of up for interpretation, eh? People have been wanting more ways to get food, and if it's an apparel piece instead, I don't see the harm in something being plentiful, either. Let them eat cake! [emoji=imperial tongue size=1]
...on the slice of cake thing, I would like to note that I have 500 [edit: ...600... oh gosh] dragons, and there are users with far more than I do. That feels like something that could be gamed.

Of course, I suppose whether or not that's a bad thing is kind of up for interpretation, eh? People have been wanting more ways to get food, and if it's an apparel piece instead, I don't see the harm in something being plentiful, either. Let them eat cake!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote] like where the gender, element sign, and breedability icons are located.[/quote] If by this you mean where the icons are located here... [center][img]https://images.squidge.org/images/2024/05/17/image54f8e4dc6f5b437f.png[/img][/center] Then no support from me. It certainly is a cute and fun idea, however I can see this area getting cluttered with a bunch of other icons which may look unpleasant, even if the birthday one is only for 24 hours. Perhaps users could have an opt-in toggle as to whether or not they see the birthday icon, but there still is a possible issue when the number of status icons overflows (not that I know it can happen, but still).
Quote:
like where the gender, element sign, and breedability icons are located.

If by this you mean where the icons are located here...
image54f8e4dc6f5b437f.png

Then no support from me. It certainly is a cute and fun idea, however I can see this area getting cluttered with a bunch of other icons which may look unpleasant, even if the birthday one is only for 24 hours. Perhaps users could have an opt-in toggle as to whether or not they see the birthday icon, but there still is a possible issue when the number of status icons overflows (not that I know it can happen, but still).
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png