Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Ancient versus Modern release priority
Heyo folks!

I’ve had a lovely experience since joining FR, and one aspect that’s particularly exciting are naturally the new breed releases!
Seeing that releasing Ancient breeds is less time consuming and strenuous on FR staff, as well as allowing them to release new exciting content sooner for fans is extremely understandable. My only input is to express that I wouldn’t mind having (somewhat) longer to wait between new breed releases.

Dusthides just dropped, and as someone who plays nearly daily it still felt surprising as Sandsurge still felt brand new to me. Having to wait another month (or more!) wouldn’t have disappointed me or made me lose interest in the slightest, and it especially wouldn’t be disappointing if it meant we knew modern breeds were going to come out faster because of it!

For many players apparel’s aesthetic creativity is one of if not the main appeal when playing or designing their dragons. So many of the Ancient breeds feel like being teased with the opportunity to dress these creative designs, only to be prevented from doing so.

I’d just love to see the prioritization of modern over ancient breeds, not entirely, but in a noticeable fashion!

Regardless, thank you for all the hard work the staff put in, much love! <3
Heyo folks!

I’ve had a lovely experience since joining FR, and one aspect that’s particularly exciting are naturally the new breed releases!
Seeing that releasing Ancient breeds is less time consuming and strenuous on FR staff, as well as allowing them to release new exciting content sooner for fans is extremely understandable. My only input is to express that I wouldn’t mind having (somewhat) longer to wait between new breed releases.

Dusthides just dropped, and as someone who plays nearly daily it still felt surprising as Sandsurge still felt brand new to me. Having to wait another month (or more!) wouldn’t have disappointed me or made me lose interest in the slightest, and it especially wouldn’t be disappointing if it meant we knew modern breeds were going to come out faster because of it!

For many players apparel’s aesthetic creativity is one of if not the main appeal when playing or designing their dragons. So many of the Ancient breeds feel like being teased with the opportunity to dress these creative designs, only to be prevented from doing so.

I’d just love to see the prioritization of modern over ancient breeds, not entirely, but in a noticeable fashion!

Regardless, thank you for all the hard work the staff put in, much love! <3
xpN2IUH.pngEwFbwxS.pngfmf7CNh.gif 92n1dwB.pnggVgFNCo.gifceBwIw9.gifwXJcWyY.gif
i do support reigning in ancient releases, but i should note that staff has said ancient and modern breed design teams don't overlap! so the ancients arent effecting the current work on the next modern

the ancients feel... rushed, and i definitely wasn't expecting to get 2-3 a year when they first announced them. 1, maybe 2 a year would be more than enough, and itd give them a lot more time to smooth out the edges!
i do support reigning in ancient releases, but i should note that staff has said ancient and modern breed design teams don't overlap! so the ancients arent effecting the current work on the next modern

the ancients feel... rushed, and i definitely wasn't expecting to get 2-3 a year when they first announced them. 1, maybe 2 a year would be more than enough, and itd give them a lot more time to smooth out the edges!
7979e7990c935401ea870817577cea0a6aea04da.png
experience the feeling of being "bited." // bio // hatchery
One ancient every 12-16 months is plenty. I feel like I've barely gotten to appreciate sandsurges or auroboas. Dusthides have been a breaking point with many players for the breakneck speed of release.

The ancient team can spend the time going over gene bugs, and porting over more existing genes upon release (for the sake of not creating a gene backlog that rivals the apparel backlog, there should probably be a limit to new genes per breed release if there isn't already).
One ancient every 12-16 months is plenty. I feel like I've barely gotten to appreciate sandsurges or auroboas. Dusthides have been a breaking point with many players for the breakneck speed of release.

The ancient team can spend the time going over gene bugs, and porting over more existing genes upon release (for the sake of not creating a gene backlog that rivals the apparel backlog, there should probably be a limit to new genes per breed release if there isn't already).
this thread will probably get closed pretty quickly but before it does - huge support

i understand that releasing content keeps player interest and potentially brings in new traffic, but theyre sacrificing the current playerbase by causing them become overwhelmed and exhausted with the amount of content - a lot of which comes out broken and not intuitively designed because of the rush

even if the staff says theyre not doing time crunch with releases, it still feels like that with the amount mistakes that keep mounting. if they were releasing things in a way that didn't cause some kind of crunch, there wouldn't be so many errors with every single release to the point where people have to put off projects because theyre unsure if a gene is going to change in appearance in a month

(error free releases are unrealistic, i'm aware of that btw - i'm not saying 100% bug/error free right upon release)
this thread will probably get closed pretty quickly but before it does - huge support

i understand that releasing content keeps player interest and potentially brings in new traffic, but theyre sacrificing the current playerbase by causing them become overwhelmed and exhausted with the amount of content - a lot of which comes out broken and not intuitively designed because of the rush

even if the staff says theyre not doing time crunch with releases, it still feels like that with the amount mistakes that keep mounting. if they were releasing things in a way that didn't cause some kind of crunch, there wouldn't be so many errors with every single release to the point where people have to put off projects because theyre unsure if a gene is going to change in appearance in a month

(error free releases are unrealistic, i'm aware of that btw - i'm not saying 100% bug/error free right upon release)
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
i would support ancients being released less often, but in any case the development of ancients is a completely separate workflow from the development of moderns so one does not affect the other.
i would support ancients being released less often, but in any case the development of ancients is a completely separate workflow from the development of moderns so one does not affect the other.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
^^ People brought up some very good points so I wanted to amend my thoughts; if the teams for ancient and modern breeds are entirely separate, then to prioritize modern breeds the solution would be to transfer some folks from the ancient team to the modern team, so that no one has to carry a heavier work load.

Of course, all this remains a suggestion based on personal preference. I heavily agree with what Seraitsukara said about burnout. Quick releases of all sorts can cause a feeling of being overwhelmed for players. I want to conclude this thought by saying, I understand as a business why it may seem more exciting and smart to release more content faster, but when it’s not sustainable or it becomes less exciting due to it being “less special”, sometimes it can be alright to take it slower and prioritize consistent content instead of faster.

I’ll still be loving and playing this game regardless, but it would be absolutely perfect to see some spreading out between breed releases, regardless of if that also means adding more teampower to the modern designers!

^^ People brought up some very good points so I wanted to amend my thoughts; if the teams for ancient and modern breeds are entirely separate, then to prioritize modern breeds the solution would be to transfer some folks from the ancient team to the modern team, so that no one has to carry a heavier work load.

Of course, all this remains a suggestion based on personal preference. I heavily agree with what Seraitsukara said about burnout. Quick releases of all sorts can cause a feeling of being overwhelmed for players. I want to conclude this thought by saying, I understand as a business why it may seem more exciting and smart to release more content faster, but when it’s not sustainable or it becomes less exciting due to it being “less special”, sometimes it can be alright to take it slower and prioritize consistent content instead of faster.

I’ll still be loving and playing this game regardless, but it would be absolutely perfect to see some spreading out between breed releases, regardless of if that also means adding more teampower to the modern designers!

xpN2IUH.pngEwFbwxS.pngfmf7CNh.gif 92n1dwB.pnggVgFNCo.gifceBwIw9.gifwXJcWyY.gif
Hello! Per site rules threads of this nature are locked. [quote name="Aequorin" date="2024-04-16 07:04:32" ] Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing your concerns and feedback. This topic and ensuing discussion falls under our Non-Gameplay Feedback policy. We ask that our community share this category of feedback directly with us via Contact Us. Thank you! [/quote]
Hello! Per site rules threads of this nature are locked.
Aequorin wrote on 2024-04-16 07:04:32:
Hello everyone! Thank you for sharing your concerns and feedback. This topic and ensuing discussion falls under our Non-Gameplay Feedback policy. We ask that our community share this category of feedback directly with us via Contact Us. Thank you!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.