Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games like FR.... but horses
1 2 3
I have tried howrse multiple times, but it doesn't enchant me like FR has.... anyone have any other horse pet sim game recs?
I have tried howrse multiple times, but it doesn't enchant me like FR has.... anyone have any other horse pet sim game recs?
qPfmzlI.gif
up !
up !
qPfmzlI.gif
Hello! I haven't played any of these myself but here's a few I know of:

Horse Reality: "Horse Reality is a free-to-play realistic horse management game where you can manage your own horse breeding estate on one of our 6 continents." According to the site. From what I've seen on gameplay it's very focused on managing each and every animal, which might get overwhelming fast. Doesn't help that your horses can starve...

I feel like this game informed the way I personally started Flight Rising because when I saw people play it around its initial release the first thing they did was they went to the auction house and bought some foals. A bit like me and my first few aether hatchlings. I don't know if that helps, but hey, now you know!

Ropin' Ranch: This is a very different game with a very different style with more than just horses. Livestock specifically. It's also got a different passage of time system where I guess the death of your animals happens at its own pace. I mostly know about this game from this interview with a developer, which details aspects of the game, how it came to be, among other things.
It also calls to attention the pipeline where horses in bad health are sold to people who make them into horse meat. I'm not sure how much it actually affects the game though, aside from the homepage where right now there is a relatively skin and bones horse. In their artstyle. If you're sensitive to these topics you may want to consider not playing this game.

Of flight rising-like horse games, those are the ones I can think of. Hope you can find one you like!
Hello! I haven't played any of these myself but here's a few I know of:

Horse Reality: "Horse Reality is a free-to-play realistic horse management game where you can manage your own horse breeding estate on one of our 6 continents." According to the site. From what I've seen on gameplay it's very focused on managing each and every animal, which might get overwhelming fast. Doesn't help that your horses can starve...

I feel like this game informed the way I personally started Flight Rising because when I saw people play it around its initial release the first thing they did was they went to the auction house and bought some foals. A bit like me and my first few aether hatchlings. I don't know if that helps, but hey, now you know!

Ropin' Ranch: This is a very different game with a very different style with more than just horses. Livestock specifically. It's also got a different passage of time system where I guess the death of your animals happens at its own pace. I mostly know about this game from this interview with a developer, which details aspects of the game, how it came to be, among other things.
It also calls to attention the pipeline where horses in bad health are sold to people who make them into horse meat. I'm not sure how much it actually affects the game though, aside from the homepage where right now there is a relatively skin and bones horse. In their artstyle. If you're sensitive to these topics you may want to consider not playing this game.

Of flight rising-like horse games, those are the ones I can think of. Hope you can find one you like!
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
@2Blue2BTrue Love these suggestions! Horse reality is very fun, but I always disliked pet games where your pets can die.... I have never heard of ropin ranch, this game looks really unique and interesting!
@2Blue2BTrue Love these suggestions! Horse reality is very fun, but I always disliked pet games where your pets can die.... I have never heard of ropin ranch, this game looks really unique and interesting!
qPfmzlI.gif
Have you checked Virtualpetlist’s directory of pet games and sim games yet? https://www.virtualpetlist.com/showcase/categories/virtual-pet-games.2/

Have you checked Virtualpetlist’s directory of pet games and sim games yet? https://www.virtualpetlist.com/showcase/categories/virtual-pet-games.2/

@2Blue2BTrue Ooh, I think I'm going to try Horse Reality! The art is really pretty and I like the world travel aspect. [emoji=spiral star size=1] Do the horses in that game age in real-time whether or not you're logged in, or only when you're active on the website? I've played a couple older horse games, and I remember that on Howrse my horses only aged when I interacted with them (training, bedding down, etc), but on the Life Cycle version of Horse Isle 2 they aged automatically even when I wasn't playing (and therefore could get old and pass away during periods of inactivity [emoji=spiral sad size=1]).
@2Blue2BTrue Ooh, I think I'm going to try Horse Reality! The art is really pretty and I like the world travel aspect. Do the horses in that game age in real-time whether or not you're logged in, or only when you're active on the website? I've played a couple older horse games, and I remember that on Howrse my horses only aged when I interacted with them (training, bedding down, etc), but on the Life Cycle version of Horse Isle 2 they aged automatically even when I wasn't playing (and therefore could get old and pass away during periods of inactivity ).
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
commenting to come back to this post when I have more time cause i'm kinda interested!
commenting to come back to this post when I have more time cause i'm kinda interested!
Yandet-rowan.gif
she/they
ping me!
hhlDW.gif
(click me!)
@cpvr omg this list.... a goldmine!!
@cpvr omg this list.... a goldmine!!
qPfmzlI.gif
@Gryphling The horses on horse reality age whether or not you play, but you still have to rollover every time you log in.... so its the worst of both worlds in that aspect :-/ All my horses are dead and it totally turned me off of the game
@Gryphling The horses on horse reality age whether or not you play, but you still have to rollover every time you log in.... so its the worst of both worlds in that aspect :-/ All my horses are dead and it totally turned me off of the game
qPfmzlI.gif
@Bechena oh that's... interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah your horses can die on Howrse, but if you want to keep one alive indefinitely you can just... stop interacting with it lol. And it'll stay like a time capsule, no need to pay for a Philosopher's Stone. So I'd recommend it for that, even if the horse customization is very limited compared to FR. The colors and patterns have less options than HR, but you can put tack on your horses, get a fancy "coat" (analogous to skins in FR), or add unicorn horns/pegasus wings. There's also mythical horses that perform special actions each day, but I never managed to get my hands on one.
@Bechena oh that's... interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah your horses can die on Howrse, but if you want to keep one alive indefinitely you can just... stop interacting with it lol. And it'll stay like a time capsule, no need to pay for a Philosopher's Stone. So I'd recommend it for that, even if the horse customization is very limited compared to FR. The colors and patterns have less options than HR, but you can put tack on your horses, get a fancy "coat" (analogous to skins in FR), or add unicorn horns/pegasus wings. There's also mythical horses that perform special actions each day, but I never managed to get my hands on one.
11667.png xGRdLfg.jpg ws14300rd_thumbnail.jpg m96yKLz.jpg 32990.png
1 2 3