Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | nest cancellation item
Let those dragons have abortions/silly

no but in all seriousness this would be good. it could either be lore-neutral or could be like, an adoption papers? like your dragon is giving their eggs away.
Let those dragons have abortions/silly

no but in all seriousness this would be good. it could either be lore-neutral or could be like, an adoption papers? like your dragon is giving their eggs away.
66.png
Support! Would also love a way to exclude dragons from showing up in the menus of the nesting grounds. I know that might not be possible, but it would be really nice.
Support! Would also love a way to exclude dragons from showing up in the menus of the nesting grounds. I know that might not be possible, but it would be really nice.
an orange lantern
[quote name="Ar5enal" date="2024-04-17 23:02:45" ] Support! Would also love a way to exclude dragons from showing up in the menus of the nesting grounds. I know that might not be possible, but it would be really nice. [/quote] This should be easy to code. There are already dragons that are excluded from the menus (ie. Dragons with breeding cooldown, eternally youthful dragons). [emoji=new friend size=1]
Ar5enal wrote on 2024-04-17 23:02:45:

This should be easy to code. There are already dragons that are excluded from the menus (ie. Dragons with breeding cooldown, eternally youthful dragons).
8wF4Uc8.png
Bumping this thread, since DusthideGate blew up the suggestions forum haha

Please give us an item to cancel nests!!! we all know it's possible to implement.

Let me free my dragons from the nest they've been sitting in for the past year

EDIT: I've also been seeing lore suggestions on how to handle "abandoned" eggs/nests and I always thought the answer was simple. These would turn into the lore's unhatched eggs! I think simply saying they're "discarded" or "aborted" would not go over well with the rest of the site's playerbase
Bumping this thread, since DusthideGate blew up the suggestions forum haha

Please give us an item to cancel nests!!! we all know it's possible to implement.

Let me free my dragons from the nest they've been sitting in for the past year

EDIT: I've also been seeing lore suggestions on how to handle "abandoned" eggs/nests and I always thought the answer was simple. These would turn into the lore's unhatched eggs! I think simply saying they're "discarded" or "aborted" would not go over well with the rest of the site's playerbase
lesbiancatcher.png
Zeph / 22 / Redwood
fc4zvun.png

Sure! as long as the breeding cooldown remains the same so people don't use the item again and again trying to get specific numbers of eggs. another way to solve this would be to have some sort of toggle you can turn on or off on individual dragons that prevents them from showing up on the breeding menu.
Sure! as long as the breeding cooldown remains the same so people don't use the item again and again trying to get specific numbers of eggs. another way to solve this would be to have some sort of toggle you can turn on or off on individual dragons that prevents them from showing up on the breeding menu.
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
JvUa9ma.png
xjB7OSe.png
BzjAkuF.png
a69iToJ.png
79991902.png 33016095.png 88027890.png 81385343.png
[quote name="Drudenkreuz" date="2024-03-26 12:10:12" ] Egg-xalting, if you will, [/quote] You deserve more appreciation for this! [emoji=guardian laughing size=2] (Also, support.)
Drudenkreuz wrote on 2024-03-26 12:10:12:
Egg-xalting, if you will,
You deserve more appreciation for this!

(Also, support.)
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
SUPPORT
There's gotta be a reason there's so many wild eggs out there that become gen 1s. It can be a lizard that comes in and steals the eggs of a nest lol
SUPPORT
There's gotta be a reason there's so many wild eggs out there that become gen 1s. It can be a lizard that comes in and steals the eggs of a nest lol
r1C4Orm.png 01nVszz.png
eswSnrS.png
QGvYKGE.png
Vhb0D2e.png tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png
HPxMzD7.png
support! totally would be ok with paying for an item like this. i have never needed this future but i can see how people who have hundreds of dragons would, esp G1 collectors
support! totally would be ok with paying for an item like this. i have never needed this future but i can see how people who have hundreds of dragons would, esp G1 collectors
hi :)
Support. I always worry about breeding the wrong dragons together, so having that as an option would be very nice!
Support. I always worry about breeding the wrong dragons together, so having that as an option would be very nice!
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
[quote name="FyniteShadow027" date="2024-03-26 12:27:25" ] DragonSister mentioned Quote: "I'm also heavily in support of a (reversible) item / option in the dragon's profile to prevent them from showing up in the breeding list at all." Which I think is a great idea. Maybe it could be, like they said, an option in the profile. I thought it could be called sterilize, but that seems more "permanent" rather than temporary. Instead I think the option could be called "abstain from nesting" and then explain that pressing that button meaning your dragon will not show up on the breeding list at all and that it CAN be reversed. The user above me mentioned that it might be uncomfortable to "destory" eggs, which I could see an issue. So please read their idea above mee!!! [/quote] I hadn’t even thought of a reversible abstain option. I’ve seen the idea floated before that the lore wise discarded eggs could be sent off to a deity like Drudenkreuz mentioned, and figured if they needed to mechanically the “parents” would still have to wait out the breeding cooldown. But being able to have dragons not breed at all makes alot of sense, and theres gotta be code in there somewhere to build off since we have permababy’s that obvs can’t breed. Maybe a gem scroll like eternally youthful or the silhouette scroll, and then one to reverse (like the scroll of maturity) that says something like theyre ready for parenthood.
FyniteShadow027 wrote on 2024-03-26 12:27:25:
DragonSister mentioned

Quote:
"I'm also heavily in support of a (reversible) item / option in the dragon's profile to prevent them from showing up in the breeding list at all."

Which I think is a great idea. Maybe it could be, like they said, an option in the profile.

I thought it could be called sterilize, but that seems more "permanent" rather than temporary. Instead I think the option could be called "abstain from nesting" and then explain that pressing that button meaning your dragon will not show up on the breeding list at all and that it CAN be reversed.

The user above me mentioned that it might be uncomfortable to "destory" eggs, which I could see an issue. So please read their idea above mee!!!

I hadn’t even thought of a reversible abstain option. I’ve seen the idea floated before that the lore wise discarded eggs could be sent off to a deity like Drudenkreuz mentioned, and figured if they needed to mechanically the “parents” would still have to wait out the breeding cooldown. But being able to have dragons not breed at all makes alot of sense, and theres gotta be code in there somewhere to build off since we have permababy’s that obvs can’t breed. Maybe a gem scroll like eternally youthful or the silhouette scroll, and then one to reverse (like the scroll of maturity) that says something like theyre ready for parenthood.
W1dpc3e.png