Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Light Sprite be EXPENSIVE
[quote name="ShiningLatios" date="2024-05-01 10:22:16" ] [quote name="Lynell" date="2024-04-23 21:32:32" ] Not gonna happen. This comes up every now and then and [i]always[/i] gets shot down for a multitude of reasons. Basically the time to re release was back with the introduction of Joxar's Box with all the other festival items. Now the Consequences (public and business) far outweigh the Benefits for Flight Rising as a whole to do so now. [/quote] really? because the thread about this very subject in the suggestions forum has had consistent, overwhelming support for months now from both new and old players alike. not to mention if staff outright disagreed with the sentiment in a "it's definitely never gonna happen" kind of way they would have commented on it and shut the discussion down a LONG time ago. I don't disagree that the time to re-add these familiars should have been when the joxbox was introduced, but the fact that this standard of an item on a virtual pet site costing thousands of dollars' worth of gems is being willingly upheld even now is just kind of ridiculous to me. I don't even feel like the people who already shelled out that much for 'em deserved to have to pay so much [/quote] staff Did make a form of statement on it back in like, 2018 I think? they said "no we're not gonna be increasing the population of sprites on site by any percentage" or something like that back when they added sprites to roundsey from time to time. so I think the idea of "not gonna happen" is that, since they already said that and havent recanted or anything since, its just the immutable law of the books so theres no reason for staff to intercede on the discussions. thats not me agreeing with the sentiment tho since like, the circumstances from then to now are so wildly different in terms of light sprite prices, that I dont think a statement from then can be held as absolute fact in the current time. like, yknow the key and peele sketch about the right to bear arms being put in the us constitution in a time where people had no concept of the modern prospect of automatic weapons? is that a weird comparison? anyway if I had to hazard a guess I'd say staff is like, aware of the sprite concerns, but theyre prioritizing fixing up other stuff right now and they havent entirely made a decision on what theyre going to do yet. like, no matter what they say its going to be unpopular with some player contingent, so I think tabling it for a bit before theyre 100% sure/rolling out some other features first totally makes sense (but also I do think theyre going to do Something about increasing availability. like with allowing marva cloaks to be purchased, and eye vials) im saying this as someone who wants them to rerelease the sprites in some way also I hope this doesnt read as me going "no >:("
ShiningLatios wrote on 2024-05-01 10:22:16:
Lynell wrote on 2024-04-23 21:32:32:
Not gonna happen.

This comes up every now and then and always gets shot down for a multitude of reasons.

Basically the time to re release was back with the introduction of Joxar's Box with all the other festival items. Now the Consequences (public and business) far outweigh the Benefits for Flight Rising as a whole to do so now.
really? because the thread about this very subject in the suggestions forum has had consistent, overwhelming support for months now from both new and old players alike. not to mention if staff outright disagreed with the sentiment in a "it's definitely never gonna happen" kind of way they would have commented on it and shut the discussion down a LONG time ago.
I don't disagree that the time to re-add these familiars should have been when the joxbox was introduced, but the fact that this standard of an item on a virtual pet site costing thousands of dollars' worth of gems is being willingly upheld even now is just kind of ridiculous to me. I don't even feel like the people who already shelled out that much for 'em deserved to have to pay so much
staff Did make a form of statement on it back in like, 2018 I think? they said "no we're not gonna be increasing the population of sprites on site by any percentage" or something like that back when they added sprites to roundsey from time to time. so I think the idea of "not gonna happen" is that, since they already said that and havent recanted or anything since, its just the immutable law of the books so theres no reason for staff to intercede on the discussions.

thats not me agreeing with the sentiment tho since like, the circumstances from then to now are so wildly different in terms of light sprite prices, that I dont think a statement from then can be held as absolute fact in the current time. like, yknow the key and peele sketch about the right to bear arms being put in the us constitution in a time where people had no concept of the modern prospect of automatic weapons? is that a weird comparison? anyway if I had to hazard a guess I'd say staff is like, aware of the sprite concerns, but theyre prioritizing fixing up other stuff right now and they havent entirely made a decision on what theyre going to do yet. like, no matter what they say its going to be unpopular with some player contingent, so I think tabling it for a bit before theyre 100% sure/rolling out some other features first totally makes sense (but also I do think theyre going to do Something about increasing availability. like with allowing marva cloaks to be purchased, and eye vials)

im saying this as someone who wants them to rerelease the sprites in some way also I hope this doesnt read as me going "no >:("
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
when i first started playing, i had JUST missed the first light festival. and i kept seeing light sprites sitting at 100kt in the AH and thinking, "oh, i'll just buy one later. there's an XXY imp breeder i have to reserve a slot for and that costs 500kt!"

i never did buy a light sprite for 100k lmao. i DID buy one for about 35kg about a year and a half ago, though.

but i very vividly remember seeing FR staff say they would never re-release those older fest items, so i held on to all my duplicates of the other sprites until selling a full set of the others could get me that light sprite...
when i first started playing, i had JUST missed the first light festival. and i kept seeing light sprites sitting at 100kt in the AH and thinking, "oh, i'll just buy one later. there's an XXY imp breeder i have to reserve a slot for and that costs 500kt!"

i never did buy a light sprite for 100k lmao. i DID buy one for about 35kg about a year and a half ago, though.

but i very vividly remember seeing FR staff say they would never re-release those older fest items, so i held on to all my duplicates of the other sprites until selling a full set of the others could get me that light sprite...
iP0TtQO.gif
[quote name="Nejibana" date="2024-05-01 07:57:24" ] Price gouging needs to STOP. I gave up in my own Light Sprite quest because the jumps in price were just. What the hell. In the long time it took to get 40kG (not that active a player) the price doubled to 80kG. [/quote] Agreed, to me it sounds like the price was steadily increasing every year until it was suddenly artificially inflated :( I remember when it shot up from 70-80 to 100+ kg semi-recently and it really sucked to see it happen. It was 50kg when I first started playing.
Nejibana wrote on 2024-05-01 07:57:24:
Price gouging needs to STOP.

I gave up in my own Light Sprite quest because the jumps in price were just. What the hell. In the long time it took to get 40kG (not that active a player) the price doubled to 80kG.
Agreed, to me it sounds like the price was steadily increasing every year until it was suddenly artificially inflated :( I remember when it shot up from 70-80 to 100+ kg semi-recently and it really sucked to see it happen. It was 50kg when I first started playing.
Oasis Songbird .The ships are left to rust / That's what the water gave us
. Wishlist... Sales/Trades... Grab Bags
. Skin/Accent Grab Bags
Looks like it's already been brought up, but there's a lot of conversation around Y1 items in this post. There's such overwhelming support for the sprites and other Y1 items to be put into Joxboxes, and a ton of players have done the math on how little it would actually affect the player economy.

Honestly, I've totally given up on ever even considering getting a light sprite, or any of them, really, because I've got other goals, but it's a bit of a disappointment to check the LAH for light sprites once in a blue moon and see the horrific listings up there. Congrats to the people who actually manage to save up and buy them - you've got a lot more patience than I do!
Looks like it's already been brought up, but there's a lot of conversation around Y1 items in this post. There's such overwhelming support for the sprites and other Y1 items to be put into Joxboxes, and a ton of players have done the math on how little it would actually affect the player economy.

Honestly, I've totally given up on ever even considering getting a light sprite, or any of them, really, because I've got other goals, but it's a bit of a disappointment to check the LAH for light sprites once in a blue moon and see the horrific listings up there. Congrats to the people who actually manage to save up and buy them - you've got a lot more patience than I do!
Ke13xP8.png