Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | So what did yall think of the dusthides
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
they’re definitely in my top 3 ancient breeds, i think :> love the little guys, and i actually quite like their baldness, for whatever reason? the added plus being that you can do wild things with their terts, and their claws are cool. the head design choice almost speaks out against the idea that a dragon must have some sort of head ornamentation to be a ‘complete’ dragon, yk?

something i have seen few people mention is what they did with the breed’s primary coverage and how it actually goes OVER the dorsal side of the wing. i love that! it makes the primary/secondary gene combos look just a little different in a good way. also glowtail absolutely slaps on them, with them big ol’ tails
they’re definitely in my top 3 ancient breeds, i think :> love the little guys, and i actually quite like their baldness, for whatever reason? the added plus being that you can do wild things with their terts, and their claws are cool. the head design choice almost speaks out against the idea that a dragon must have some sort of head ornamentation to be a ‘complete’ dragon, yk?

something i have seen few people mention is what they did with the breed’s primary coverage and how it actually goes OVER the dorsal side of the wing. i love that! it makes the primary/secondary gene combos look just a little different in a good way. also glowtail absolutely slaps on them, with them big ol’ tails
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| i hope you have a good day!
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!
Overall I like them!

I'm not the biggest fan of the smooth heads, but it doesn't put me off so strongly that I wouldn't collect them. I LOVE their big tails, I like their big claws, I like that their wings aren't transparent and you can see the primary across their backs. They're not my favorite ancient, but they're also not my least favorite.
Overall I like them!

I'm not the biggest fan of the smooth heads, but it doesn't put me off so strongly that I wouldn't collect them. I LOVE their big tails, I like their big claws, I like that their wings aren't transparent and you can see the primary across their backs. They're not my favorite ancient, but they're also not my least favorite.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
i don't hate them, i just think i was really looking forward to some of the concepts and brainstorming put out there (pangolin especially, but even a buggy moment would've been cool) and the actual reveal felt very... plain i guess, compared to what i was hoping for

i do agree that they need something like spores, antlers, or etc. to really catch my eye too much, which is a bit of a shame -- wish there were horns or spikes or something to make the heads a little less Bald looking, especially because i do like some of the other tert genes but not enough to not use one of the ones that adds something to the head instead

i haven't found any i'm 100% on keeping yet but will probably get at least one eventually, been thinking about changing one of my gen1 doubles into one because i do really like how they look with a specific gene set
i don't hate them, i just think i was really looking forward to some of the concepts and brainstorming put out there (pangolin especially, but even a buggy moment would've been cool) and the actual reveal felt very... plain i guess, compared to what i was hoping for

i do agree that they need something like spores, antlers, or etc. to really catch my eye too much, which is a bit of a shame -- wish there were horns or spikes or something to make the heads a little less Bald looking, especially because i do like some of the other tert genes but not enough to not use one of the ones that adds something to the head instead

i haven't found any i'm 100% on keeping yet but will probably get at least one eventually, been thinking about changing one of my gen1 doubles into one because i do really like how they look with a specific gene set

Z1RkWWM.png

H0t7Ypl.png
TW2mke5.png
n4H37dx.png
mjtJ868.png
I loved them from the moment I first saw them! For some reason they are one of the most "animated" breeds to me, i guess I mean that I can really see their movement with their wing shell layer. This is one of the few breeds where I actively LOVE both adult poses equally, for most breeds I definitely have a preference. Their tail reminds me of a leopard gecko and dewalp is probably my favourite tert to ever release.
My biggest wish is that they get leopard/cloud, swirl/marbled and cry/malachite in the future. I could also see Gnarlhorns work wonders on them, giving them some fangs, sharp toes and spiney horns.
I think I understand where people's disappointment came from, I was myself really hoping for the wind ancient, but dusthides are one of my favourite breeds released, so I'm happy
I loved them from the moment I first saw them! For some reason they are one of the most "animated" breeds to me, i guess I mean that I can really see their movement with their wing shell layer. This is one of the few breeds where I actively LOVE both adult poses equally, for most breeds I definitely have a preference. Their tail reminds me of a leopard gecko and dewalp is probably my favourite tert to ever release.
My biggest wish is that they get leopard/cloud, swirl/marbled and cry/malachite in the future. I could also see Gnarlhorns work wonders on them, giving them some fangs, sharp toes and spiney horns.
I think I understand where people's disappointment came from, I was myself really hoping for the wind ancient, but dusthides are one of my favourite breeds released, so I'm happy
They're not hugely original, but they're good enough ; one of the four best ancient breeds, I'd say. (Aethers being number one and then Aberrations, Dusthides and Sandsurges in no particular order).
They're not hugely original, but they're good enough ; one of the four best ancient breeds, I'd say. (Aethers being number one and then Aberrations, Dusthides and Sandsurges in no particular order).
Didn't vibe too much with them at first, but now that I've seen what people did with theirs and lot of playing in the scrying workshop, I like them.

Still far from my favourite ancient breed, but I do see the vision for them and think they will get better once they have more genes
Didn't vibe too much with them at first, but now that I've seen what people did with theirs and lot of playing in the scrying workshop, I like them.

Still far from my favourite ancient breed, but I do see the vision for them and think they will get better once they have more genes
Wildwood Moss Wildwood Moss
they were, ahem, a bit controversial, but seeing as it's my first breed release i have ever went through, i love em!

this reminds me that i should probably finish geneing my dusthides-
they were, ahem, a bit controversial, but seeing as it's my first breed release i have ever went through, i love em!

this reminds me that i should probably finish geneing my dusthides-
NcRl9aq.png
I live them! Even more considering their size, they're hobbit sized haha
I live them! Even more considering their size, they're hobbit sized haha
SIG-02.png
I like them. Maybe not quite as much as other ancients but I do like them. They've got some interesting funky genes that are fun to play with. Both poses are nice but the M pose is quite lovely and probably my preference. So far there hasn't been an ancient that I would avoid like tundras (I do not like tundras and would rather not have any, my one is a fandragon of a series I adore more than I hate the breed.)

Didn't know what to think of them at first (besides "...bald..." lol). But having played with them a bit, they're a fine addition to the lineup.

They're weird lil goron dragons.
I like them. Maybe not quite as much as other ancients but I do like them. They've got some interesting funky genes that are fun to play with. Both poses are nice but the M pose is quite lovely and probably my preference. So far there hasn't been an ancient that I would avoid like tundras (I do not like tundras and would rather not have any, my one is a fandragon of a series I adore more than I hate the breed.)

Didn't know what to think of them at first (besides "...bald..." lol). But having played with them a bit, they're a fine addition to the lineup.

They're weird lil goron dragons.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
In my opinion, horns would suit them. The head looks empty. I'm not a fan of rounded dragons, I like everything elegant. But I think they bring variety to the game and a lot of people will like it. Why not?
In my opinion, horns would suit them. The head looks empty. I'm not a fan of rounded dragons, I like everything elegant. But I think they bring variety to the game and a lot of people will like it. Why not?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8