Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Post Your Current Thought
I love having a good class where I don't feel stressed. sucks I'm losing that next year
I love having a good class where I don't feel stressed. sucks I'm losing that next year
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
Why do I keep getting eggs what is going on
Why do I keep getting eggs what is going on
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif They/Them
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif G1 and shiny pokemon hoarder
This is my 1000th forum post :) ! [emoji=firework size=1]
This is my 1000th forum post :) !
Volt Wiring
OnNCb47.png
HE/THEY
Today is the dentist, yay! I'm ready with my headset so I can listen to music whilst my teeth get cleaned. Music helps drown out all the scraping noises and it also helps me stay calm. I'm not fond of the dentist, but I keep my appointments, anyway.
Today is the dentist, yay! I'm ready with my headset so I can listen to music whilst my teeth get cleaned. Music helps drown out all the scraping noises and it also helps me stay calm. I'm not fond of the dentist, but I keep my appointments, anyway.
Adult, Aro/Ace, +3 FR Time
I hate NaNoWriMo so much because one of my supposedly-easy classes assigned it as homework basically to write a 30,000 word novel the month before my hardest exams.

I literally wrote a poem about how creatively draining it felt before I could force myself to write more because it is sending me STRAIGHT to burnout. I think NaNoWriMo is fine for people who are WILLINGLY participating, but I hate how it commercializes creativity, promotes quantity of writing over quality, and is just going to force me write 30k words of something I'm not proud of.
I hate NaNoWriMo so much because one of my supposedly-easy classes assigned it as homework basically to write a 30,000 word novel the month before my hardest exams.

I literally wrote a poem about how creatively draining it felt before I could force myself to write more because it is sending me STRAIGHT to burnout. I think NaNoWriMo is fine for people who are WILLINGLY participating, but I hate how it commercializes creativity, promotes quantity of writing over quality, and is just going to force me write 30k words of something I'm not proud of.
image-11.pngPX2x8Tb.pngKf07YpS.png1V130eO.pngOBuVDiS.png
There’s this feral kitty in our neighborhood who keeps visiting our house for food/water. At first we didn’t know what gender they were, because their fur is solid black. I gave them the gender-neutral name LuLu (could be short for Louis/Lewis or Louise). However I kept teasing my mom that “one of these days, LuLu is going to show up to our house with a little bunch of kittens in tow”... … You’ll never guess what happened while I was sleeping this morning… Yeah, that’s right… [b]LuLu had kittens![/b] [emoji=aberration scared size=2] My brother tried calling a few animal rescues for help, but one of them was closed, one was “experiencing a high volume of calls” and one of them said, “we can’t take the kittens until they’re old enough to be weaned from their mother”… Suuure… “”Animal rescue”” my tail… [emoji=aberration deadpan size=2]
There’s this feral kitty in our neighborhood who keeps visiting our house for food/water. At first we didn’t know what gender they were, because their fur is solid black. I gave them the gender-neutral name LuLu (could be short for Louis/Lewis or Louise). However I kept teasing my mom that “one of these days, LuLu is going to show up to our house with a little bunch of kittens in tow”...

You’ll never guess what happened while I was sleeping this morning…

Yeah, that’s right… LuLu had kittens!

My brother tried calling a few animal rescues for help, but one of them was closed, one was “experiencing a high volume of calls” and one of them said, “we can’t take the kittens until they’re old enough to be weaned from their mother”… Suuure…

“”Animal rescue”” my tail…

Sd8tfDo.png Arcane-Network.png
I am expected to write a story with just the prompt "teacher who wants their child to be self-sufficient and knowledgeable" WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS THAT IS SCHOOL-WORTHY
I am expected to write a story with just the prompt "teacher who wants their child to be self-sufficient and knowledgeable" WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS THAT IS SCHOOL-WORTHY
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
[quote name="@Doomsayer" date="2024-04-29 11:28:53" ] I am expected to write a story with just the prompt "teacher who wants their child to be self-sufficient and knowledgeable" WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS THAT IS SCHOOL-WORTHY [/quote] I have a couple of suggestions! You could either write a story about an “unconventional teacher”, like a witch, who is teaching their child how to use magic with practical uses, or perhaps you could write a story that’s set in modern Japan where parents often send their children as young as 5 year olds on their “first errands” to collect some groceries from a nearby store!
@Doomsayer wrote on 2024-04-29 11:28:53:

I have a couple of suggestions! You could either write a story about an “unconventional teacher”, like a witch, who is teaching their child how to use magic with practical uses, or perhaps you could write a story that’s set in modern Japan where parents often send their children as young as 5 year olds on their “first errands” to collect some groceries from a nearby store!
Sd8tfDo.png Arcane-Network.png
I have an excessive amount of Imperials, I realized.
I have an excessive amount of Imperials, I realized.
tumblr_nxvzafBttl1uicwi6o1_500.png
[quote name="@Jezaille" date="2024-04-29 11:39:28" ] [quote name="Doomsayer" date="2024-04-29 11:28:53" ] I am expected to write a story with just the prompt "teacher who wants their child to be self-sufficient and knowledgeable" WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS THAT IS SCHOOL-WORTHY [/quote] I have a couple of suggestions! You could either write a story about an “unconventional teacher”, like a witch, who is teaching their child how to use magic with practical uses, or perhaps you could write a story that’s set in modern Japan where parents often send their children as young as 5 year olds on their “first errands” to collect some groceries from a nearby store! [/quote] Oooh! I didn't think of anything like these, thank you![emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
@Jezaille wrote on 2024-04-29 11:39:28:
Doomsayer wrote on 2024-04-29 11:28:53:

I have a couple of suggestions! You could either write a story about an “unconventional teacher”, like a witch, who is teaching their child how to use magic with practical uses, or perhaps you could write a story that’s set in modern Japan where parents often send their children as young as 5 year olds on their “first errands” to collect some groceries from a nearby store!

Oooh! I didn't think of anything like these, thank you!