Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What was your weirdest special interest?
Just remembered the time I was obsessed with fences out of all things, especially their categorization. Unfortunately forgot most of my fence-knowledge by now though.

Did/ Do you have any "unusual" special interests or hyperfixation? Feel free to share it here!
Just remembered the time I was obsessed with fences out of all things, especially their categorization. Unfortunately forgot most of my fence-knowledge by now though.

Did/ Do you have any "unusual" special interests or hyperfixation? Feel free to share it here!
tBoBMeA.pngGwsq8Fp.pngvFl2eek.png
I remember once I had a special interest in those cat's eyes you find on the road. The ones that light up. Yeah.

I still do retain some of my knowledge on them but there's not really much to know about them hjkljh
I remember once I had a special interest in those cat's eyes you find on the road. The ones that light up. Yeah.

I still do retain some of my knowledge on them but there's not really much to know about them hjkljh
fLdYOuE.png
CAJaTcp.png
jBEX2Bu.png
AQPJNOh.png
ypcKWM0.png
2VtxnMX.png
63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png

~** FLUFFERB **~

jbMLSIO.png
leo4ZYP.png
C3gPKb3.png
OrlEqVx.png
ll0CfnD.png
rUoKR6y.png
@Flufferb Just googled what those are because we don't have them in Hungary, they look super cool in the dark! For anyone else wondering: [img]https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/201107-a-astuc.jpg[/img]
@Flufferb
Just googled what those are because we don't have them in Hungary, they look super cool in the dark!

For anyone else wondering:

201107-a-astuc.jpg
tBoBMeA.pngGwsq8Fp.pngvFl2eek.png
Vending machines. I like vending machines. I want to start a vending business. I mean, people call me weird but look at this. [img]https://greatervancouvervending.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Dixie-Narco-501E-1-745x1024-1.jpg[/img] This is arguably my favorite vending machine design. It’s so sad that this specific variant was only on the Dixie Narco 501E. It makes it somewhat rarer despite the 501E being one of the most common drink machine models. I’m guessing less people bought the variant. I see one of this specific variant outside a fireworks store I pass on the way to school when we don’t pick up another kid. Glorious.
Vending machines. I like vending machines. I want to start a vending business. I mean, people call me weird but look at this.
Dixie-Narco-501E-1-745x1024-1.jpg
This is arguably my favorite vending machine design. It’s so sad that this specific variant was only on the Dixie Narco 501E. It makes it somewhat rarer despite the 501E being one of the most common drink machine models. I’m guessing less people bought the variant. I see one of this specific variant outside a fireworks store I pass on the way to school when we don’t pick up another kid. Glorious.
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
@IrradiatedRisk yknow what? that one's not even the weirdest i've seen. i knew two people whose special interests were fire alarms.

and to tell my own, the bible/christian mythology. also fallout, but SPECIFICALLY the mysterious stranger, and politics in video games (and in general). i also really love philosophy and discussing the idea that 19th century scientists had, about whether they CAN do something and not whether they should. but my weirdest one by far is the horrible history of the roblox myth fandom, and the controversies that many of it's members (myself included) have gotten into. they're all very interesting and thought provoking.
@IrradiatedRisk yknow what? that one's not even the weirdest i've seen. i knew two people whose special interests were fire alarms.

and to tell my own, the bible/christian mythology. also fallout, but SPECIFICALLY the mysterious stranger, and politics in video games (and in general). i also really love philosophy and discussing the idea that 19th century scientists had, about whether they CAN do something and not whether they should. but my weirdest one by far is the horrible history of the roblox myth fandom, and the controversies that many of it's members (myself included) have gotten into. they're all very interesting and thought provoking.
Silly guy, very stink, loves raving, rainbow and eat hot chip and LIE!!!
2bf6nnX.png 4MTkm8J.pngGW180jv.pngPjhDNyG.pngoYdS4J9.png Qwz7flm.png
hmlE0W8.pngk19P7h1.pngZqTATLu.pngNkk0jLq.pngKkw5lrF.pnga6XsLif.png
xszydnQ.pngePOliyb.pngjbMLSIO.pngQQYyU47.pngc0MyJPk.pngkCHWEjf.png
VDqpTLf.pngeswSnrS.pngFj9DUQD.pnggYW0j5f.pngL7aQfSh.png
Does it count for weird if a special interest was tornadoes?
YMPbu9R.pngdFnwkLI.png oySYa5s.png 6Je3hjY.png
tyEuRXe.png LCqISMP.png nupGNag.png RfMwnPI.png
twiuBT0.png I5qcdda.png uVEyOnT.png jlA5frr.png
I don't think I've had any truly weird special interests (for me it was always comics and cartoons and video games and books), but the one that always gets me some weird looks is taxidermy. I love taxidermy and vulture culture in general, to the point where I made one of my characters a taxidermist.
actually interesting crafts in general are kinda my thing; I'm considering taking a bookbinding course, and I love watching Nerdforge and toy restoration videos. there's just something very soothing about watching people put things together.

actually my book fixation does have a weird side to it, when I was little and learning to read I would often only read my favorite part of a book, like one chapter or five-six pages, and completely ignore the rest. I actually know why that is and it's because those parts gave me very clear visuals, and at the time I was unable to put my thoughts into art or words, so I coped by reading the same part over and over again. nowadays when something gives me a clear visual I can just make a sketch and be done with it.
I don't think I've had any truly weird special interests (for me it was always comics and cartoons and video games and books), but the one that always gets me some weird looks is taxidermy. I love taxidermy and vulture culture in general, to the point where I made one of my characters a taxidermist.
actually interesting crafts in general are kinda my thing; I'm considering taking a bookbinding course, and I love watching Nerdforge and toy restoration videos. there's just something very soothing about watching people put things together.

actually my book fixation does have a weird side to it, when I was little and learning to read I would often only read my favorite part of a book, like one chapter or five-six pages, and completely ignore the rest. I actually know why that is and it's because those parts gave me very clear visuals, and at the time I was unable to put my thoughts into art or words, so I coped by reading the same part over and over again. nowadays when something gives me a clear visual I can just make a sketch and be done with it.
96px-Zexion%27s_Replica_Data_KHIIFM.png 4DvBsZc.png
Lucky
HxcMlGn.png
JrEJc4j.png
uPNWHgD.png
EHXIkb0.png
LDVtWi8.png j9JVcKh.png
[quote name="MilkshakeTrex" date="2024-04-20 05:30:53" ] Does it count for weird if a special interest was tornadoes? [/quote] I don't know about weird, but it sure is cool! weather phenomena in general are fascinating and I've been watching some videos about them recently so I totally get it.
MilkshakeTrex wrote on 2024-04-20 05:30:53:
I don't know about weird, but it sure is cool! weather phenomena in general are fascinating and I've been watching some videos about them recently so I totally get it.
96px-Zexion%27s_Replica_Data_KHIIFM.png 4DvBsZc.png
Lucky
HxcMlGn.png
JrEJc4j.png
uPNWHgD.png
EHXIkb0.png
LDVtWi8.png j9JVcKh.png
[quote name="MilkshakeTrex" date="2024-04-20 05:30:53" ] Does it count for weird if a special interest was tornadoes? [/quote] I HAD A SI IN TORNADOES AS WELL LMAO - it was in Primary School and I remember I used to spin myself around rapidly because I liked to pretend to be one ghjkjh I also sadly have forgotten some information about them but I do retain some
MilkshakeTrex wrote on 2024-04-20 05:30:53:

I HAD A SI IN TORNADOES AS WELL LMAO - it was in Primary School and I remember I used to spin myself around rapidly because I liked to pretend to be one ghjkjh

I also sadly have forgotten some information about them but I do retain some
fLdYOuE.png
CAJaTcp.png
jBEX2Bu.png
AQPJNOh.png
ypcKWM0.png
2VtxnMX.png
63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png

~** FLUFFERB **~

jbMLSIO.png
leo4ZYP.png
C3gPKb3.png
OrlEqVx.png
ll0CfnD.png
rUoKR6y.png
not even that much or a film bro guy but i’m obsessed with filmic aspect ratio.. which is like the letterbox effect and things like that. most recently Ridley Scotts the Lighthouse became one of my new fav movies bc it actually has a custom aspect ratio never used before.. to mimic the suffocating lighthouse itself the movie is shot at a ratio of 1:19:1 which is even smaller and squarer than the classic square old hollywood ratio. There are some historical epics with ARs super wide like ben hur and napoleon. :)
not even that much or a film bro guy but i’m obsessed with filmic aspect ratio.. which is like the letterbox effect and things like that. most recently Ridley Scotts the Lighthouse became one of my new fav movies bc it actually has a custom aspect ratio never used before.. to mimic the suffocating lighthouse itself the movie is shot at a ratio of 1:19:1 which is even smaller and squarer than the classic square old hollywood ratio. There are some historical epics with ARs super wide like ben hur and napoleon. :)
SPIKE
2CnjrDd.png Rw7uKRS.png UBaiWUV.png