Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Based on Dusthide reactions:
A skit based off of Bo Burnham's Five Years - Spider Segment
Ahem

A new fr breed got released
You freaked and said how much you hated it
Since I was close and able, I said I liked it's design
You said you should hate that
I said uhm no frick that
You said c'mon its not a dragon!
What?
You're a total non-traditionalist, a creativity advocate, but your whole world view collapses, the second a new breed comes out, cool
I get it, this is the real you
It's a pleasure, nice to meet you
Crap like this brings creativity down
Everyone into new things until a new FR breed comes out.

Anyways I love them i want so many
A skit based off of Bo Burnham's Five Years - Spider Segment
Ahem

A new fr breed got released
You freaked and said how much you hated it
Since I was close and able, I said I liked it's design
You said you should hate that
I said uhm no frick that
What?
You're a total non-traditionalist, a creativity advocate, but your whole world view collapses, the second a new breed comes out, cool
I get it, this is the real you
It's a pleasure, nice to meet you
Everyone into new things until a new FR breed comes out.

Anyways I love them i want so many
UDp5HOz.pnghMDDvym.pngGek4MgE.pngRJE4kZu.pngNtJrBGR.png
K.
K.
They're ok.
They're ok.
Luan_1.png
Signature by the ever talented SpaceOrchid
[quote name="nerdyeldritch" date="2024-04-19 12:51:28" ] You said c'mon its not a dragon! ---- Crap like this brings creativity down [/quote] Very quick way to tell me that you didn't actually read a single thing anyone said, and just saw there was arguing and decided to be rude to everyone about it regardless.
nerdyeldritch wrote on 2024-04-19 12:51:28:
----

Very quick way to tell me that you didn't actually read a single thing anyone said, and just saw there was arguing and decided to be rude to everyone about it regardless.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I’m a Dusthide hater but even I gotta admit that the staff did a good job trying something new: it just doesn’t happen to fit my interests but I know plenty of people who love them.

I wouldn’t condemn someone else for disliking carrots even if I think they’re a fantastic vegetable. It’s ok to voice displeasure as long as it’s done in a constructive way as opposed to insulting the staff.

And Dusties are kind of ugly cute, like pugs. Not without their charms!
I’m a Dusthide hater but even I gotta admit that the staff did a good job trying something new: it just doesn’t happen to fit my interests but I know plenty of people who love them.

I wouldn’t condemn someone else for disliking carrots even if I think they’re a fantastic vegetable. It’s ok to voice displeasure as long as it’s done in a constructive way as opposed to insulting the staff.

And Dusties are kind of ugly cute, like pugs. Not without their charms!
Ongoing Affordable OOAK Project: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/3331855
One thing I find funny is that people criticize the Dusthides for not having a unique design, but their flat, segmented or plated tails are clearly unlike any of the other breeds. And despite some people thinking it's ugly, the "bald" or smooth heads are also pretty unique as well.

Just because it's not the kind of uniqueness you want, it doesn't mean it's not unique. And I think people tunnel-vision into particular things they want like winglessness a bit too hard, which makes it hard for them to acknowledge creativity that doesn't conform to their exact wishes. (But it still is creativity, despite that).
One thing I find funny is that people criticize the Dusthides for not having a unique design, but their flat, segmented or plated tails are clearly unlike any of the other breeds. And despite some people thinking it's ugly, the "bald" or smooth heads are also pretty unique as well.

Just because it's not the kind of uniqueness you want, it doesn't mean it's not unique. And I think people tunnel-vision into particular things they want like winglessness a bit too hard, which makes it hard for them to acknowledge creativity that doesn't conform to their exact wishes. (But it still is creativity, despite that).
WIP
[center][img]https://cdn.memes.com/up/99954041607599781/i/1607648431691.jpg[/img][/center]
1607648431691.jpg
Look at my permababies. Look at them.
Hm.

You put effort into the lyrics and keeping them in time with the source material.

That said, this isn't really conducive to discussion or community building. It reads a bit more like bait so we're just going to go and lock the thread now before it spirals into further negativity or a flame war. Thank you.
Hm.

You put effort into the lyrics and keeping them in time with the source material.

That said, this isn't really conducive to discussion or community building. It reads a bit more like bait so we're just going to go and lock the thread now before it spirals into further negativity or a flame war. Thank you.