Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [WATERDOM] Library in the Sky [CLOSED]
Read more A Study in Drowning! The protag's refusal of the call sequence is really going on a lot longer than I thought it would.

Do you record your reading? If so, how?

My friends introduced me to StoryGraph because I wasn't using Goodreads very consistently but I am ashamed to say I'm defaulting back to just screenshotting the kindle cover (to mark when I start a book) and the acknowledgements page (to mark when I finish). It's not very organized.
Read more A Study in Drowning! The protag's refusal of the call sequence is really going on a lot longer than I thought it would.

My friends introduced me to StoryGraph because I wasn't using Goodreads very consistently but I am ashamed to say I'm defaulting back to just screenshotting the kindle cover (to mark when I start a book) and the acknowledgements page (to mark when I finish). It's not very organized.
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
I might read another few chapters of A Dog's Purpose tonight if I don't fall asleep first, but today I decided to switch things up and read up on published articles. I'm a professional landscaper and hobbyist gardener, and with spring in full bloom, I browsed on Almanac to soak up some more knowledge. Today I learned about the best kinds of weather for different gardening tasks and about different shade-loving plants.

Unless you count the reading contests back when I was in elementary school, I don't record any of my reading.
I might read another few chapters of A Dog's Purpose tonight if I don't fall asleep first, but today I decided to switch things up and read up on published articles. I'm a professional landscaper and hobbyist gardener, and with spring in full bloom, I browsed on Almanac to soak up some more knowledge. Today I learned about the best kinds of weather for different gardening tasks and about different shade-loving plants.

Unless you count the reading contests back when I was in elementary school, I don't record any of my reading.
aWHHcv8.gif x Tidepools bQKtPA9.png

She/Her | | FR time +0

» About Me
»
Wishlist » Avatar
» All Aquatic Items
xx
I've been working more on There There by Tommy Orange today, it's the "actual" book I've been reading the last week. It's a hard read and I think I'm in a more difficult part of it so it's slow going, besides having been pretty busy today.

I also do track my reading! I use Storygraph, because I like having everything catalogued and such.
I've been working more on There There by Tommy Orange today, it's the "actual" book I've been reading the last week. It's a hard read and I think I'm in a more difficult part of it so it's slow going, besides having been pretty busy today.

I also do track my reading! I use Storygraph, because I like having everything catalogued and such.
92bcc7d7d689fe286303c49e683f598a68d2fe58.png
Started to read the webcomic adaptation of the "The S-Classes That I Raised"! I'd like to read the novel too when there will be more English chapters.

Daily Question: Do you record your reading? If so, how?
I use Booknode, it's a French website very similar to Goodreads. There are also a lot of English books listed, which is very handy.
Started to read the webcomic adaptation of the "The S-Classes That I Raised"! I'd like to read the novel too when there will be more English chapters.

Daily Question: Do you record your reading? If so, how?
I use Booknode, it's a French website very similar to Goodreads. There are also a lot of English books listed, which is very handy.
[BSJ 2024] Pomeranianfluffy
"Lorde was the first writer who actively demonstrated for me that a writer could be intensely concerned with the inner and outer lives of black queer women, that our experiences could be the center instead of relegated to the periphery. She wrote beyond the white gaze and imagined a black reality that did not subvert itself to the cultural norms dictated by whiteness."
- Roxane Gay, from the introduction to The Selected Works of Audre Lorde
"Lorde was the first writer who actively demonstrated for me that a writer could be intensely concerned with the inner and outer lives of black queer women, that our experiences could be the center instead of relegated to the periphery. She wrote beyond the white gaze and imagined a black reality that did not subvert itself to the cultural norms dictated by whiteness."
- Roxane Gay, from the introduction to The Selected Works of Audre Lorde
b5utGVO.pngzJZQPOD.pngCPWOOZC.png
Since SPQR is getting tough for me to get through, I decided to start the 3rd book in the Red Rising series. I'm liking it so far. I think I just needed something was more fast-paced then what I was reading.

Question:
I don't track the books I read, but I probably should considering sometimes I'll get halfway through a book I though was on my TBR before realizing I've already read it.
Since SPQR is getting tough for me to get through, I decided to start the 3rd book in the Red Rising series. I'm liking it so far. I think I just needed something was more fast-paced then what I was reading.

Question:
I don't track the books I read, but I probably should considering sometimes I'll get halfway through a book I though was on my TBR before realizing I've already read it.
43249438.png43214888.png
yet more reading of dragonsteel prime ! not much to report, other than i have a few predictions, which i can't talk about because of spoilers aha. i hope there's more dragons at the end

daily question: yep! i have a notebook in which i write the title, author, start and end dates of each book i read every month. started it in junior year of high school, and still going! definitely helpful for looking back to see what i read x3
yet more reading of dragonsteel prime ! not much to report, other than i have a few predictions, which i can't talk about because of spoilers aha. i hope there's more dragons at the end

daily question: yep! i have a notebook in which i write the title, author, start and end dates of each book i read every month. started it in junior year of high school, and still going! definitely helpful for looking back to see what i read x3
DRAGONS !
Still reading Jane Eyre, and have reached a part when Mr. Rochester is having guests over, and how people are described in these old books gives me such a chuckle -- "her chin was sustained by the same principle [pride], in a position of almost preternatural erectness". Wonderful, honestly. And no, I do not record or track my reading at all! The closest I have for that is my Ao3 history [emoji=skydancer scared size=2]
Still reading Jane Eyre, and have reached a part when Mr. Rochester is having guests over, and how people are described in these old books gives me such a chuckle -- "her chin was sustained by the same principle [pride], in a position of almost preternatural erectness". Wonderful, honestly.

And no, I do not record or track my reading at all! The closest I have for that is my Ao3 history
angy.png FR time +3
they/them
Water Dom Org
...............................water-swon.png

90% of the way done with the final book in The Rangers Apprentice series!! aaa!! all i have been able to think about is the insane amount of research that must go into writing a series so densely filled with different styles of fighting and battle tactics / maneuvers. or maybe the author is making it all up idk. also did some non-book reading up on languages and linguistics today 4 fun ..

Question OTD:
i journal anywhere from daily to weekly and i like to keep track of what days i read and how much i read in a day! i also am an avid goodread enjoyer and track a lot of my books there

90% of the way done with the final book in The Rangers Apprentice series!! aaa!! all i have been able to think about is the insane amount of research that must go into writing a series so densely filled with different styles of fighting and battle tactics / maneuvers. or maybe the author is making it all up idk. also did some non-book reading up on languages and linguistics today 4 fun ..

Question OTD:
i journal anywhere from daily to weekly and i like to keep track of what days i read and how much i read in a day! i also am an avid goodread enjoyer and track a lot of my books there
.. they iel vamp | FR+3 | artist
avatar, wishlist, dragons for sale
Listened to several hours of armoured core transcripts for a personal research endeavour. Have to say, it’s very informative and pretty accurate to the ways people respond to power vacuums opening in economic spaces.

Daily question: I often don’t record my readings intentionally, but I do make note of and keep a list of books or information sources I particularly enjoyed.
Listened to several hours of armoured core transcripts for a personal research endeavour. Have to say, it’s very informative and pretty accurate to the ways people respond to power vacuums opening in economic spaces.

Daily question: I often don’t record my readings intentionally, but I do make note of and keep a list of books or information sources I particularly enjoyed.
GLMwkdE.png Lore Shop
tyEuRXe.png