Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | allow endgame players an alt
1 2 3 4
I think anyone should be allowed an "alt" account, but it shouldn't be an actual alt account. It would be an account linked to your main account (so, same password/username to register, but a different username when you switch to that account). It would also share the same gathering turns, trading post rewards (including arlo and baldwin) and account-locked gift items/any galore rewards, gems, food reserves, festival currencies, etc. The only things that wouldn't be shared would be treasures, hoard, nesting grounds, flight and general lair space. (And even then, maybe it could share everything but lair space and flights). You could pay a huge amount of gems to get that second account. It would be allowed to be a different flight than your main account. Not sure if you could be allowed progens or not on that account but I feel like you should... I just think it would be nice for people who want different accounts to have different lore. [quote name="Oblivatrixon" date="2024-04-06 20:23:52" ] Honestly I would rather just be able to get a mini clan attached to my current one. Instead of starting a whole new account. [/quote] Basically that. And it wouldn't be restricted to "endgame" players.
I think anyone should be allowed an "alt" account, but it shouldn't be an actual alt account.

It would be an account linked to your main account (so, same password/username to register, but a different username when you switch to that account). It would also share the same gathering turns, trading post rewards (including arlo and baldwin) and account-locked gift items/any galore rewards, gems, food reserves, festival currencies, etc.

The only things that wouldn't be shared would be treasures, hoard, nesting grounds, flight and general lair space. (And even then, maybe it could share everything but lair space and flights).

You could pay a huge amount of gems to get that second account. It would be allowed to be a different flight than your main account.

Not sure if you could be allowed progens or not on that account but I feel like you should...

I just think it would be nice for people who want different accounts to have different lore.
Oblivatrixon wrote on 2024-04-06 20:23:52:
Honestly I would rather just be able to get a mini clan attached to my current one. Instead of starting a whole new account.

Basically that. And it wouldn't be restricted to "endgame" players.
I wouldn't like to start a new acc, but maybe.. just maayyyybe... it would be nice to give a "late game" user something to reactivate the mood...
i dont know.. maybe something of the lines of "if you reach awakening" in a familiar, and you gather enough of them, you can trade them for a boolean(?)
Just giving boolean as an example, but tbh, there are things that are unobtainable now that just makes it boring and impossible to reach a 100% collectibles(?

I know that I'd gladly trade 100 awakened familiars for an arcane sprite(24kg) haha.
I wouldn't like to start a new acc, but maybe.. just maayyyybe... it would be nice to give a "late game" user something to reactivate the mood...
i dont know.. maybe something of the lines of "if you reach awakening" in a familiar, and you gather enough of them, you can trade them for a boolean(?)
Just giving boolean as an example, but tbh, there are things that are unobtainable now that just makes it boring and impossible to reach a 100% collectibles(?

I know that I'd gladly trade 100 awakened familiars for an arcane sprite(24kg) haha.
CqurqsJ.png
Please come by and tell be how I could improve this dragon card generator =D
It's focused on Coli dragons but useful for other types too!
Thanks!
xUgBziz.png
[quote name="YuleLad" date="2024-04-07 09:43:50" ] I think anyone should be allowed an "alt" account, but it shouldn't be an actual alt account. It would be an account linked to your main account (so, same password/username to register, but a different username when you switch to that account). It would also share the same gathering turns, trading post rewards (including arlo and baldwin) and account-locked gift items/any galore rewards, gems, food reserves, festival currencies, etc. The only things that wouldn't be shared would be treasures, hoard, nesting grounds, flight and general lair space. (And even then, maybe it could share everything but lair space and flights). You could pay a huge amount of gems to get that second account. It would be allowed to be a different flight than your main account. Not sure if you could be allowed progens or not on that account but I feel like you should... I just think it would be nice for people who want different accounts to have different lore. [quote name="Oblivatrixon" date="2024-04-06 20:23:52" ] Honestly I would rather just be able to get a mini clan attached to my current one. Instead of starting a whole new account. [/quote] Basically that. And it wouldn't be restricted to "endgame" players. [/quote] I feel like this would give some unfair advantage... For example, you can check which flights are the more frequent ones at DOM and get a secondary that's just from that flight.. now you can buy cheaper from one, sell cheaper too. seems a little to much, but its not a secret that some players search any little advantage they can get.
YuleLad wrote on 2024-04-07 09:43:50:
I think anyone should be allowed an "alt" account, but it shouldn't be an actual alt account.

It would be an account linked to your main account (so, same password/username to register, but a different username when you switch to that account). It would also share the same gathering turns, trading post rewards (including arlo and baldwin) and account-locked gift items/any galore rewards, gems, food reserves, festival currencies, etc.

The only things that wouldn't be shared would be treasures, hoard, nesting grounds, flight and general lair space. (And even then, maybe it could share everything but lair space and flights).

You could pay a huge amount of gems to get that second account. It would be allowed to be a different flight than your main account.

Not sure if you could be allowed progens or not on that account but I feel like you should...

I just think it would be nice for people who want different accounts to have different lore.
Oblivatrixon wrote on 2024-04-06 20:23:52:
Honestly I would rather just be able to get a mini clan attached to my current one. Instead of starting a whole new account.

Basically that. And it wouldn't be restricted to "endgame" players.
I feel like this would give some unfair advantage...
For example, you can check which flights are the more frequent ones at DOM and get a secondary that's just from that flight.. now you can buy cheaper from one, sell cheaper too.
seems a little to much, but its not a secret that some players search any little advantage they can get.
CqurqsJ.png
Please come by and tell be how I could improve this dragon card generator =D
It's focused on Coli dragons but useful for other types too!
Thanks!
xUgBziz.png
[quote name="Disme" date="2024-04-06 09:50:36" ] i'm one of those 'endgame users' and i would honestly be happy with just more den slots of any kind (active or hibernal), even at some ridiculously high price. i think that would be a more than adequate resource sink. i see no significant benefit to an alternative lair over simply having more space in my own. [/quote] This. I'd probably be considered an 'endgame' player, but really, all I want is more space - particularly in the hibden, but more active den slots would not be unwelcome. I'm willing to grind resources to make it happen if/when we get them. A second account, though, means more dailies+weeklies+resources in general. There would be nothing to stop people from doing their dailies on multiple accounts and just funneling it all back to their main account. Even if you barred trading between the old account and the new one, people would just partner up with other people to shuffle resources between themselves. If you blocked trading entirely, well, what's the point? People that can't do certain activities because of health/processing problems/other difficulties would get stuck with some pretty unreasonable hurdles that other users wouldn't have to deal with. I don't even think an 'endgame' designation is necessary; what that looks like is going to vary from person to person. What about the users who want 0 dragon lairs? Or the people who just don't care about the bestiary and don't want to invest into working on it? One persons endgame goal isn't going to be EVERYONES endgame goal, so it'd be hard to make that distinction between who should qualify and who shouldn't when there really isn't a set ending bar. And, well, setting an ending bar would deprive people of a lot of the freedom they enjoy in playstyle. If I wanted a 0 dragon lair I'd be pretty upset if I was suddenly told that I had to have several hundred dragons to qualify for some special benefit, for example.
Disme wrote on 2024-04-06 09:50:36:
i'm one of those 'endgame users' and i would honestly be happy with just more den slots of any kind (active or hibernal), even at some ridiculously high price. i think that would be a more than adequate resource sink. i see no significant benefit to an alternative lair over simply having more space in my own.

This. I'd probably be considered an 'endgame' player, but really, all I want is more space - particularly in the hibden, but more active den slots would not be unwelcome. I'm willing to grind resources to make it happen if/when we get them.

A second account, though, means more dailies+weeklies+resources in general. There would be nothing to stop people from doing their dailies on multiple accounts and just funneling it all back to their main account. Even if you barred trading between the old account and the new one, people would just partner up with other people to shuffle resources between themselves. If you blocked trading entirely, well, what's the point? People that can't do certain activities because of health/processing problems/other difficulties would get stuck with some pretty unreasonable hurdles that other users wouldn't have to deal with.

I don't even think an 'endgame' designation is necessary; what that looks like is going to vary from person to person. What about the users who want 0 dragon lairs? Or the people who just don't care about the bestiary and don't want to invest into working on it? One persons endgame goal isn't going to be EVERYONES endgame goal, so it'd be hard to make that distinction between who should qualify and who shouldn't when there really isn't a set ending bar. And, well, setting an ending bar would deprive people of a lot of the freedom they enjoy in playstyle. If I wanted a 0 dragon lair I'd be pretty upset if I was suddenly told that I had to have several hundred dragons to qualify for some special benefit, for example.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
I would be really happy with more Lair and Den slots all around.
I would be really happy with more Lair and Den slots all around.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support. It's like making a rule specifically for non-endgame players, which makes NO sense whatsoever.
No support. It's like making a rule specifically for non-endgame players, which makes NO sense whatsoever.
Flare
Dragon-obsessed gamer nerd
cHa0MYt.png
bYt72YT.png
kHBaXec.png
mlHpBMC.png
yVyFLUa.png
TOKiyyz.pngmXaaw6K.png
o9yS1eq.png
lcuTR9l.png
DogHOvc.png
Endgame/Lategame is whatever you want it to be. I don't think it should be defined by staff. What if I am completely indifferent to the achievements? Some of them take literally years. I wouldn't want to be lock out a whole game feature just because someone decided that completing the achievements is lategame and necessary to make a new account. Wouldn't want to manage 2 accounts anyway, but you get the sentiment.

If you did everything and want to do it again - just go for it? Set yourself a challenge of getting everything again. People do stuff like that all the time.
I've been here for 8 years. Most people would probably say I am Lategame. Personally I consider myself at the end of my Midgame aka only missing my last few familiars for a 100% Bestiary. Doing all my projects afterwards is going to be my Lategame.
I don't think a second account is something the community needs except for those rare few that want to do everything again and want to see their progress bar on FR go up, and even then you could probably do something similar with Google Sheets.

What would you even do if you did everything a second time? Make a third account and do it again?
Endgame/Lategame is whatever you want it to be. I don't think it should be defined by staff. What if I am completely indifferent to the achievements? Some of them take literally years. I wouldn't want to be lock out a whole game feature just because someone decided that completing the achievements is lategame and necessary to make a new account. Wouldn't want to manage 2 accounts anyway, but you get the sentiment.

If you did everything and want to do it again - just go for it? Set yourself a challenge of getting everything again. People do stuff like that all the time.
I've been here for 8 years. Most people would probably say I am Lategame. Personally I consider myself at the end of my Midgame aka only missing my last few familiars for a 100% Bestiary. Doing all my projects afterwards is going to be my Lategame.
I don't think a second account is something the community needs except for those rare few that want to do everything again and want to see their progress bar on FR go up, and even then you could probably do something similar with Google Sheets.

What would you even do if you did everything a second time? Make a third account and do it again?
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
FR isn't a game that has a designated path, no story with a beginning, middle, and end. FR is whatever you want it to be. Saying FR has an endgame is like saying Neopets has an endgame—what, pray tell, might that endgame be? Collecting all the items ever released? Being the person with the most money? There is no one "correct" playstyle, therefore there is no endgame. We talk a lot in the Suggestions forum about not forcing one's playstyle on another user, but that is exactly what this suggestion is about; validating one particular playstyle.
FR isn't a game that has a designated path, no story with a beginning, middle, and end. FR is whatever you want it to be. Saying FR has an endgame is like saying Neopets has an endgame—what, pray tell, might that endgame be? Collecting all the items ever released? Being the person with the most money? There is no one "correct" playstyle, therefore there is no endgame. We talk a lot in the Suggestions forum about not forcing one's playstyle on another user, but that is exactly what this suggestion is about; validating one particular playstyle.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
There is no 'endgame' on FR though. So no.
There is no 'endgame' on FR though. So no.
ZQGfAQY.png
I'm neutral on the idea of an alternate account/lair, but I really really wouldn't want this feature (or any feature) be given only to lategame/endgame/whateveryouwannacallitgame players.

It would really be in bad taste if the site, out of nowhere, came out with a special rule that said "Players who have done X task can have have an extra lair". You already had rewards for completing your lair (extra lair space), den (extra den space) or bestiary (pictures of some guys in a book idk) - I don't want a shiny new prize attached to features I personally am not interested in ever completing.

I've been playing since 2014, most of my goals have been reached, with new ones popping up every now and then, and I've never felt the need or want to get a bigger lair, den, or to try to grab all the familiars. I know I'm not really the target audience for this suggestion anyway, since I'm not exactly asking for a way to get a new lair/account in the first place, but I know I would hate it if out of the blue the site released a "Completing (?) the game means doing X and you'll get something special if you do it" statement. It's just not that kind of game.
I'm neutral on the idea of an alternate account/lair, but I really really wouldn't want this feature (or any feature) be given only to lategame/endgame/whateveryouwannacallitgame players.

It would really be in bad taste if the site, out of nowhere, came out with a special rule that said "Players who have done X task can have have an extra lair". You already had rewards for completing your lair (extra lair space), den (extra den space) or bestiary (pictures of some guys in a book idk) - I don't want a shiny new prize attached to features I personally am not interested in ever completing.

I've been playing since 2014, most of my goals have been reached, with new ones popping up every now and then, and I've never felt the need or want to get a bigger lair, den, or to try to grab all the familiars. I know I'm not really the target audience for this suggestion anyway, since I'm not exactly asking for a way to get a new lair/account in the first place, but I know I would hate it if out of the blue the site released a "Completing (?) the game means doing X and you'll get something special if you do it" statement. It's just not that kind of game.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
1 2 3 4