Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Lag spikes
Occasionally there are lag spikes while using the site.

I'm on Desktop, running google Chrome with a 250mbit/s connection. Made a connection test to verify.

It started today, 30.1.2024 at approx.10:01 o clock FR time.
4095 users online

This has happened to me multiple times and it always appears to start in the evening for me (9-10am FR time), so I'm thinking about a user made problem. Too many users making too many things that lag out the site. Or a couple of users running undetected bots that put a heavy burden on the site for a while. It appears irregular and in certain time frames.

If it isn't just me, this should be investigated. Right now it takes several seconds for any images to load and some sections of the site are unbearable.

It seems to be heavily affecting dragon images which load very slowly.

I'll log more lag spike occurrences as they go in this post for future reference.

Log:
2024-01-30 10:02 - 10:35 lag -> as of 15:48 quick again.
Occasionally there are lag spikes while using the site.

I'm on Desktop, running google Chrome with a 250mbit/s connection. Made a connection test to verify.

It started today, 30.1.2024 at approx.10:01 o clock FR time.
4095 users online

This has happened to me multiple times and it always appears to start in the evening for me (9-10am FR time), so I'm thinking about a user made problem. Too many users making too many things that lag out the site. Or a couple of users running undetected bots that put a heavy burden on the site for a while. It appears irregular and in certain time frames.

If it isn't just me, this should be investigated. Right now it takes several seconds for any images to load and some sections of the site are unbearable.

It seems to be heavily affecting dragon images which load very slowly.

I'll log more lag spike occurrences as they go in this post for future reference.

Log:
2024-01-30 10:02 - 10:35 lag -> as of 15:48 quick again.
ive been having lag issues as well!
ive been having lag issues as well!
Pale Pink Rose
+2 hours, she/her :)
there is no 'r' in my user!
accent shop
wishlist
ISO aug 26 2023 hatches
Same for me. About the same timeframe but I logged off for several hours since it was so slow so I don't have exact details. It was on every part of the site though. Straight up couldn't do coli or fairgrounds for most of today as sometimes the coli enemies would disappear and I'd disconnect completely and fairgrounds didn't register either.

I'll edit this with timestamps if I notice it again
Same for me. About the same timeframe but I logged off for several hours since it was so slow so I don't have exact details. It was on every part of the site though. Straight up couldn't do coli or fairgrounds for most of today as sometimes the coli enemies would disappear and I'd disconnect completely and fairgrounds didn't register either.

I'll edit this with timestamps if I notice it again
fav FR colour: spruce
fav FR gene combo: pinstripe/trail/glimmer
fav FR breed: coatl
w8o0xW1.png ping me please
they/them
I wanted to pop in and add my experience. I believe it's a lag issue. The coliseum today has been having animation lag when enemies die. They take a bit to fade out and it makes me think I still have to hit them, but can't. It's a bit annoying.
I wanted to pop in and add my experience. I believe it's a lag issue. The coliseum today has been having animation lag when enemies die. They take a bit to fade out and it makes me think I still have to hit them, but can't. It's a bit annoying.
FeIiZnO.png
This site has been on a go-slow for me recently, and nowhere else is.
This site has been on a go-slow for me recently, and nowhere else is.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Personally I've noticed the lag around 9 site time (the time i usually do my dailies). Fairgrounds (specifically Glimmer & Gloom is where i noticed it) take a long time to respond to moves, occasionally freeze in the middle of animations, and have fully timed out and required a refresh today. It seems to have started at the beginning of the week.
Personally I've noticed the lag around 9 site time (the time i usually do my dailies). Fairgrounds (specifically Glimmer & Gloom is where i noticed it) take a long time to respond to moves, occasionally freeze in the middle of animations, and have fully timed out and required a refresh today. It seems to have started at the beginning of the week.