Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 2.0
1 2 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
[quote name="cheeryPsycho" date="2024-01-18 04:24:47" ] [quote name="Inept" date="2024-01-17 15:13:25" ] I can verify what Ceylar is saying to be the same for me: it does go away randomly after a few hours/days, but until then, I cant use my phone for the website due to every single site reload/instance triggering that popup within ~3 seconds. even the confirm buy 'site' on the AH triggers the popup. meanwhile on my pc (using Google Chrome) I do agree, its like every odd week and not intrusive for me. [/quote] I am also having this issue which makes the site completely unusable on mobile entirely too often. [/quote] Same. I have no problem with it but every single page that loads is game breaking. Trying to bond with all your familiars, and it loads on EVERY one.
cheeryPsycho wrote on 2024-01-18 04:24:47:
Inept wrote on 2024-01-17 15:13:25:
I can verify what Ceylar is saying to be the same for me:

it does go away randomly after a few hours/days, but until then, I cant use my phone for the website due to every single site reload/instance triggering that popup within ~3 seconds.

even the confirm buy 'site' on the AH triggers the popup.

meanwhile on my pc (using Google Chrome) I do agree, its like every odd week and not intrusive for me.

I am also having this issue which makes the site completely unusable on mobile entirely too often.

Same. I have no problem with it but every single page that loads is game breaking. Trying to bond with all your familiars, and it loads on EVERY one.
b51b8d57a0310441b56e0a4d0547e8f82cea9bd8.png
What happens if we don't agree, don't consent when the popup shows?
What happens if we don't agree, don't consent when the popup shows?
You have the right to remain human. Unless you're a dragon. Then you have the obligation to remain a dragon.
For me, the popup shows upon every page and button click until I give consent.

I find it incredibly annoying since it makes the game unplayable, especially when I don't want to give them consent to use my data but I feel like I have no other option if I want to play.

I find it incredibly annoying since it makes the game unplayable, especially when I don't want to give them consent to use my data but I feel like I have no other option if I want to play.
[b][u]Consent Pop-up[/u][/b] Hi everyone! The pop-up in question is part of GDPR compliance in the ad network. This is out of our hands. We apologize for the inconvenience. For those of you experiencing the consent pop-up more than once every two weeks, we'll need some more information from you: [list][*]Device type [*]Browser used (please include version and if you're using incognito/private mode) [*]Network type [*]Are you clearing the pop-up or are you completing it via 'Manage Options' or 'I Consent'? [/list] [b][u]Reporting Bad Ads[/u][/b] The tech team over at [b][url=https://hiveworkscomics.com/report-ad]Hiveworks has put together a page on how to report bad ads[/url][/b] on any Hiveworks site or a site utilizing Hiveworks for ads, like [I]Flight Rising.[/I] And now you can directly submit your bad ad reports to the Hiveworks tech team! We'll be linking this page in the opening post of this thread too. [emoji=new friend size=1] Thank you!
Consent Pop-up

Hi everyone! The pop-up in question is part of GDPR compliance in the ad network. This is out of our hands. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For those of you experiencing the consent pop-up more than once every two weeks, we'll need some more information from you:
  • Device type
  • Browser used (please include version and if you're using incognito/private mode)
  • Network type
  • Are you clearing the pop-up or are you completing it via 'Manage Options' or 'I Consent'?

Reporting Bad Ads

The tech team over at Hiveworks has put together a page on how to report bad ads on any Hiveworks site or a site utilizing Hiveworks for ads, like Flight Rising. And now you can directly submit your bad ad reports to the Hiveworks tech team!

We'll be linking this page in the opening post of this thread too.

Thank you!
[quote name="TomeKeeper" date="2024-01-18 13:42:44" ] For me, the popup shows upon every page and button click until I give consent. I find it incredibly annoying since it makes the game unplayable, especially when I don't want to give them consent to use my data but I feel like I have no other option if I want to play. [/quote] @TomeKeeper, the persistent pop-up is due to GDPR compliance. Ad networks are obligated under GDPR to keep their consent records up to date. Whether it's full consent, partial consent, or no consent, they are required to have a consent record for each individual accessing the network from the EU and UK. Our understanding is that players from these regions will be served this pop-up until they're completed. Once completed, the pop-up frequency will be every two weeks. I understand and respect why you don't want to fully consent. I believe the 'Manage Options' button will allow you to complete the pop up the way you want to. Edit: We are requesting additional information from the network about this. There's some confusion as to whether or not clearing the pop-up should count as creating the consent record or not. This GDPR consent pop-up is outside of our control, but we're working to get you as much information as we can.
TomeKeeper wrote on 2024-01-18 13:42:44:

@TomeKeeper, the persistent pop-up is due to GDPR compliance. Ad networks are obligated under GDPR to keep their consent records up to date. Whether it's full consent, partial consent, or no consent, they are required to have a consent record for each individual accessing the network from the EU and UK.

Our understanding is that players from these regions will be served this pop-up until they're completed. Once completed, the pop-up frequency will be every two weeks.

I understand and respect why you don't want to fully consent. I believe the 'Manage Options' button will allow you to complete the pop up the way you want to.

Edit: We are requesting additional information from the network about this. There's some confusion as to whether or not clearing the pop-up should count as creating the consent record or not. This GDPR consent pop-up is outside of our control, but we're working to get you as much information as we can.
@Aequorin - info for the pop-up

Device: macbook air
Browser: google chrome version 120.0.6099.216
Network: bt wifi (I assume this is what you mean? If not let me know and I'll try and get the right info. I'm not the most tech savy lol)

I'm generally clicking consent most of the time, though sometimes when bonding with familiars I find I'm able to use the arrow keys to load the next page before the pop-up appears properly - I'll see it for a split second before the next page loads. However, neither method seems to affect the rate at which it appears.

I don't seem to encounter the issue on my phone (samsung galaxy 22) or ipad air (both also using chrome) though I will admit I don't very often play FR on either of them, so maybe I'm just not playing often enough there for it to start to pop up. I usually only check a page or two on either of those devices.
@Aequorin - info for the pop-up

Device: macbook air
Browser: google chrome version 120.0.6099.216
Network: bt wifi (I assume this is what you mean? If not let me know and I'll try and get the right info. I'm not the most tech savy lol)

I'm generally clicking consent most of the time, though sometimes when bonding with familiars I find I'm able to use the arrow keys to load the next page before the pop-up appears properly - I'll see it for a split second before the next page loads. However, neither method seems to affect the rate at which it appears.

I don't seem to encounter the issue on my phone (samsung galaxy 22) or ipad air (both also using chrome) though I will admit I don't very often play FR on either of them, so maybe I'm just not playing often enough there for it to start to pop up. I usually only check a page or two on either of those devices.
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
@Ceylar, home network, work network, school network, dynamic (changing) IP, mobile data, etc

The way we understand these pop-ups, the way they work is that no matter what you choose, a single cookie is made documenting that the website or ad network did their due diligence and presented you with your options. So a different browser, clearing your cookies, a different device, is a behavior that could trigger another pop-up before the two weeks. But if it's happening consistently on the same device, same network connection and IP, and same non-private or Incognito browser, something else may be going on.

We're also holding for information on whether or not clearing the pop-up is sufficient for their record keeping needs under GDPR or not.
@Ceylar, home network, work network, school network, dynamic (changing) IP, mobile data, etc

The way we understand these pop-ups, the way they work is that no matter what you choose, a single cookie is made documenting that the website or ad network did their due diligence and presented you with your options. So a different browser, clearing your cookies, a different device, is a behavior that could trigger another pop-up before the two weeks. But if it's happening consistently on the same device, same network connection and IP, and same non-private or Incognito browser, something else may be going on.

We're also holding for information on whether or not clearing the pop-up is sufficient for their record keeping needs under GDPR or not.
@TomeKeeper, @Ceylar, we did hear back.

With the GDPR consent pop-up, it needs to either be rejected through 'Manage Options,' partially consented to through 'Manage Options', or the 'I Consent' button is selected. Whatever choice you want to make, it just has to be completed, not cleared. Clearing the pop-up is insufficient to create the necessary consent record for GDPR compliance.

For 14 days after that, it shouldn't pop back up. If it persists on the same device and browser and you haven't cleared your browser cookies during that time, please let us know and include the date, time, device, browser, etc when you do.
@TomeKeeper, @Ceylar, we did hear back.

With the GDPR consent pop-up, it needs to either be rejected through 'Manage Options,' partially consented to through 'Manage Options', or the 'I Consent' button is selected. Whatever choice you want to make, it just has to be completed, not cleared. Clearing the pop-up is insufficient to create the necessary consent record for GDPR compliance.

For 14 days after that, it shouldn't pop back up. If it persists on the same device and browser and you haven't cleared your browser cookies during that time, please let us know and include the date, time, device, browser, etc when you do.
I'm having issues with Adobe Ads too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0TBsswv0MuD8XvGgRpcHwVXjdFMRU02/view?usp=sharing
I'm having issues with Adobe Ads too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0TBsswv0MuD8XvGgRpcHwVXjdFMRU02/view?usp=sharing
tDeKDnH.png
[b]Device Type:[/b] PC - Windows 10 [b]Browser Used:[/b] Google Chrome Version 120.0.6099.224 [b]Network Type:[/b] Home Network and Work Network (IP may change occasionally with the Work network due to security) [b]Clearing or Completing:[/b] Completing via 'Manage Options' does not complete it, and the popup will continuously appear until I complete it via 'I Consent' Small bit of additional info to clear up any confusions with the networks: This issue occurs on both Networks. I have had to select 'I Consent' on both the Home Network and then again on the Work Network. (Not tested if IPs changing on the Work Network will cause it to appear again... Hopefully not.) I could be wrong, but so far it seems like the popup continuously appears [i]until[/i] I agree (despite not wanting to) - selecting 'Manage Options' and then voting no for everything does not appear to make the popup go away, and it will continue to appear on every page and button until I select 'I Consent'. It's a shame the popup is outside of the staff's control, but hopefully this can be resolved. [emoji=guardian happy size=1] Small edit: Saw your latest ping - just posting this report so that you have the needed information.
Device Type: PC - Windows 10
Browser Used: Google Chrome Version 120.0.6099.224
Network Type: Home Network and Work Network (IP may change occasionally with the Work network due to security)
Clearing or Completing: Completing via 'Manage Options' does not complete it, and the popup will continuously appear until I complete it via 'I Consent'

Small bit of additional info to clear up any confusions with the networks: This issue occurs on both Networks. I have had to select 'I Consent' on both the Home Network and then again on the Work Network. (Not tested if IPs changing on the Work Network will cause it to appear again... Hopefully not.)

I could be wrong, but so far it seems like the popup continuously appears until I agree (despite not wanting to) - selecting 'Manage Options' and then voting no for everything does not appear to make the popup go away, and it will continue to appear on every page and button until I select 'I Consent'.

It's a shame the popup is outside of the staff's control, but hopefully this can be resolved.

Small edit: Saw your latest ping - just posting this report so that you have the needed information.
1 2 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198