Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | NOTN is 17 days away
[emoji=aether scared size=1][color=440272]I forgot about the passage of time, I need to start melting familiars right now
I forgot about the passage of time, I need to start melting familiars right now
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
@kadeunderscore this is my first NotN, is there any specific reason you are grinding in Ghostlight Ruins? my only guess is to grind fodder + chests at the same time, right? :0c
@kadeunderscore this is my first NotN, is there any specific reason you are grinding in Ghostlight Ruins? my only guess is to grind fodder + chests at the same time, right? :0c
I'm honestly just taking a break from Coli. I'm going easy on FR and am just playing a lot of ARK to pass the time. I really can't wait tho
I'm honestly just taking a break from Coli. I'm going easy on FR and am just playing a lot of ARK to pass the time. I really can't wait tho
I don't have a clue, do you? // Aberrant Cauldron Project
[quote name="SCB" date="2023-11-30 11:25:15" ] With the odds of getting a chest when melting stuff, that worked out better. Brewing two chests is good when I go to bed or am otherwise engaged.. during the day I melt. My notes said I didn't like leveling fodder lol I liked farming all over better. I try to stay casual..ish lol (my casual looks like buying 500 chests after telling myself I'm not opening any) [/quote] @SCB I found it's way more effective to brew for a single chest so remember that.
SCB wrote on 2023-11-30 11:25:15:
With the odds of getting a chest when melting stuff, that worked out better. Brewing two chests is good when I go to bed or am otherwise engaged.. during the day I melt.

My notes said I didn't like leveling fodder lol I liked farming all over better.

I try to stay casual..ish lol (my casual looks like buying 500 chests after telling myself I'm not opening any)
@SCB
I found it's way more effective to brew for a single chest so remember that.
Stocking up on fodder to train up during the event :-)

More importantly, I like to go through my project dragons and decide who's going to get finished this year. I always sell all of my eggs so I tend to make a lot of gems during NotN.
Stocking up on fodder to train up during the event :-)

More importantly, I like to go through my project dragons and decide who's going to get finished this year. I always sell all of my eggs so I tend to make a lot of gems during NotN.
z58SWFH.png Fnrx3wS.pngT0lT2WO.png
mlHpBMC.png5hF3FGk.png
lAvpyOQ.pngMf1oI42.png
DxCICZ1.pngnWiQNX9.png
apUeZZ4.png3qzCkO1.png
@Normalcore during the event, ghostlight ruins has the highest amount of notn specific enemies. this means it also has the highest rate of strange chests dropping!
@Normalcore during the event, ghostlight ruins has the highest amount of notn specific enemies. this means it also has the highest rate of strange chests dropping!
Ukt5hov.png 6WJQDgR.png D55IPKI.png 87195919.png he/him
[quote name="Pendergraft" date="2023-12-01 08:37:37" ] [quote name="SCB" date="2023-11-30 11:25:15" ] With the odds of getting a chest when melting stuff, that worked out better. Brewing two chests is good when I go to bed or am otherwise engaged.. during the day I melt. My notes said I didn't like leveling fodder lol I liked farming all over better. I try to stay casual..ish lol (my casual looks like buying 500 chests after telling myself I'm not opening any) [/quote] @/SCB I found it's way more effective to brew for a single chest so remember that. [/quote] That's still 2 hours, vs 30 minutes for melting. If I am gone, I want the most bang, so two chest brew, but during the day, a chance at a free chest every 30 minutes is nice lol
Pendergraft wrote on 2023-12-01 08:37:37:
SCB wrote on 2023-11-30 11:25:15:
With the odds of getting a chest when melting stuff, that worked out better. Brewing two chests is good when I go to bed or am otherwise engaged.. during the day I melt.

My notes said I didn't like leveling fodder lol I liked farming all over better.

I try to stay casual..ish lol (my casual looks like buying 500 chests after telling myself I'm not opening any)
@/SCB
I found it's way more effective to brew for a single chest so remember that.
That's still 2 hours, vs 30 minutes for melting. If I am gone, I want the most bang, so two chest brew, but during the day, a chance at a free chest every 30 minutes is nice lol
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
[quote name="BlurryReality" date="2023-11-30 11:11:13" ] A lot!! It's my favorite event and I'm probably one of the more ridiculous players when it comes to it. I'm brewing mats constantly, of course. I'm growing fodder ready to train and yeet (I have sold some to AvL for money prepared to buy whatever new items appear this year). I'm not hoardselling anything in case Crim wants it during the event (she has a chance of dropping chests when you do, just to any new players reading). I'm taking my familiars off my HibDen dragons in prep for using the two-window method to bond with every familiar every day. I've bought a couple of items in advance to mass trade with Swipp when it appears for again, that chest drop chance. I've saved my leftover special NotN items from last year (although 2711 grimoires is kind of insane, I just couldn't get rid of them - really hoping that do something about that this year otherwise I'll just sell them). And I've prepared a couple gene projects with coli requirements so I have double motivation to stay there. And working out which venues I don't have familiars from - or HibDen materials - so I know where to be. So yeah... All in all a fair bit but eh. I want to beat last year's total. I got 277 eggs so I want to beat that if I can. Even if it's just by one haha [/quote] @BlurryReality Big mood!! It's my favorite event too, and since this is the first year I'm not traveling during the second week of the event, you can bet I'm going to go HAM. I got 342 eggs last year, and I would love to see if I can beat that. Gotta prep some wrist stretches so I don't get cramps again haha. We can be crazy Notn buddies!
BlurryReality wrote on 2023-11-30 11:11:13:
A lot!! It's my favorite event and I'm probably one of the more ridiculous players when it comes to it.

I'm brewing mats constantly, of course. I'm growing fodder ready to train and yeet (I have sold some to AvL for money prepared to buy whatever new items appear this year). I'm not hoardselling anything in case Crim wants it during the event (she has a chance of dropping chests when you do, just to any new players reading). I'm taking my familiars off my HibDen dragons in prep for using the two-window method to bond with every familiar every day. I've bought a couple of items in advance to mass trade with Swipp when it appears for again, that chest drop chance. I've saved my leftover special NotN items from last year (although 2711 grimoires is kind of insane, I just couldn't get rid of them - really hoping that do something about that this year otherwise I'll just sell them). And I've prepared a couple gene projects with coli requirements so I have double motivation to stay there. And working out which venues I don't have familiars from - or HibDen materials - so I know where to be.

So yeah... All in all a fair bit but eh. I want to beat last year's total. I got 277 eggs so I want to beat that if I can. Even if it's just by one haha
@BlurryReality
Big mood!! It's my favorite event too, and since this is the first year I'm not traveling during the second week of the event, you can bet I'm going to go HAM. I got 342 eggs last year, and I would love to see if I can beat that. Gotta prep some wrist stretches so I don't get cramps again haha. We can be crazy Notn buddies!

I've been saving up my fodder for a while now! The achievements have made this the most anticipated NotN ever for me, I'm so ready to coli and coli and coli lol
I've been saving up my fodder for a while now! The achievements have made this the most anticipated NotN ever for me, I'm so ready to coli and coli and coli lol
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
Even though I have been playing on and off since 2014, I have somehow never been active during NOTN. So this will be my first one and I am very very excited!
Even though I have been playing on and off since 2014, I have somehow never been active during NOTN. So this will be my first one and I am very very excited!
giphy.gif
(By @Falariaaa)