Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Notable quotables?
1 2
What are some quotes you love? Could be because you find them inspirational, you like the way they sound, you vibe with the message, etc.

A personal favorite about being trans in queer spaces, "I pulsed in a brief electric calm, an almost safety, where my me-ness was a shrug or a long drag of a cigarette, a hot conversation out front, a laugh, a nod. Where I could exist at full volume, where the fact of me wasn't a disruption but an unquestioned, integrated fact of my being." -Ponyboy by Eliot Duncan
What are some quotes you love? Could be because you find them inspirational, you like the way they sound, you vibe with the message, etc.

A personal favorite about being trans in queer spaces, "I pulsed in a brief electric calm, an almost safety, where my me-ness was a shrug or a long drag of a cigarette, a hot conversation out front, a laugh, a nod. Where I could exist at full volume, where the fact of me wasn't a disruption but an unquestioned, integrated fact of my being." -Ponyboy by Eliot Duncan
wMXAg3w.png
On I’ve had on a post it note since 6th grade:
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and go on with your life wondering how you did it
On I’ve had on a post it note since 6th grade:
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and go on with your life wondering how you did it
Cursed Die -Free Dragons! Half-A-Hatchery

-FR Time
-she/her
-Trying to find a matchy dragon for the dice vista
………...…… H1sgaHX.png Die of Bargaining
“Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” — Dr. Seuss
“Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” — Dr. Seuss
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
- Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

“No one is finally dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away, until the clock wound up winds down, until the wine she made has finished its ferment, until the crop they planted is harvested. The span of someone’s life is only the core of their actual existence.”
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

“No one is finally dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away, until the clock wound up winds down, until the wine she made has finished its ferment, until the crop they planted is harvested. The span of someone’s life is only the core of their actual existence.”
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
@Caelight
You reminded me of a note a friend has kept up in their house for years and years now:
"All you need in life
-Something to do
-Something to love
-Something to look forward to"
@Caelight
You reminded me of a note a friend has kept up in their house for years and years now:
"All you need in life
-Something to do
-Something to love
-Something to look forward to"
wMXAg3w.png
"It'll be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - paraphrased (originally from Fernando Sabino)

"Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final." - from Rilke's Book of Hours, trans. Joanna Macy

"And when you lay me down you'll only bury bones, 'cause my heart and soul are going home." - from "Lay Me Down" by the Oh Hellos

"It'll be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - paraphrased (originally from Fernando Sabino)

"Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final." - from Rilke's Book of Hours, trans. Joanna Macy

"And when you lay me down you'll only bury bones, 'cause my heart and soul are going home." - from "Lay Me Down" by the Oh Hellos

gAuwmJy.png
___ Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting -
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.
_ He/Him | FR +3 | Bestiary Quest
A really honest one from an engineer that lives in my head rent free:

“It is impossible to idiot-proof something. The world will keep making stronger and worse idiots.”
A really honest one from an engineer that lives in my head rent free:

“It is impossible to idiot-proof something. The world will keep making stronger and worse idiots.”
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
This one has helped me a TON throughout the years.

"It's never truly bad until you can't find a reason to laugh."

And, really... Even in my darkest moments, I can still find reasons to laugh.
This one has helped me a TON throughout the years.

"It's never truly bad until you can't find a reason to laugh."

And, really... Even in my darkest moments, I can still find reasons to laugh.
79659922.png come appreciate booger
he is the dragon of all time
J7D1quC.png
lAvpyOQ.pngxgrjPS4.png
i collect ghostly auras! Ghostly Aura
"You could be the sweetest peach in the world, but there will still be people who hate peaches."
I can't recall who said the original quote, but it has helped me a lot with cases of perfectionism when it comes to making art or just existing in general. It tells me that I will never succeed in making everyone happy, but in the sense that it's ok if I don't, so long as I try.
"You could be the sweetest peach in the world, but there will still be people who hate peaches."
I can't recall who said the original quote, but it has helped me a lot with cases of perfectionism when it comes to making art or just existing in general. It tells me that I will never succeed in making everyone happy, but in the sense that it's ok if I don't, so long as I try.
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
@Grayrights
I Love that last one, wow :0

@ShwoomWoom
Ugh yes, I've heard that one and it definitely helps me with my Issues tm. It can be so hard to let go of wanting to please everyone. A mantra I have for myself with perfectionism is: perfection through imperfection. As in, a finished notebook or sketchbook has its own kind of perfection versus a blank one.

@luckydragonwolf
Reminds me of the excerpt from one of van gogh's letters: "Many people seem to think it foolish, even superstitious, to believe that the world could still change for the better. And it is true that in winter it is sometimes so bitingly cold that one is tempted to say, 'What do I care if there is a summer; its warmth is no help to me now.' Yes, evil often seems to surpass good. But then, in spite of us, and without our permission, there comes at last an end to the bitter frosts. One morning the wind turns and there is a thaw. And so I must still have hope."
@Grayrights
I Love that last one, wow :0

@ShwoomWoom
Ugh yes, I've heard that one and it definitely helps me with my Issues tm. It can be so hard to let go of wanting to please everyone. A mantra I have for myself with perfectionism is: perfection through imperfection. As in, a finished notebook or sketchbook has its own kind of perfection versus a blank one.

@luckydragonwolf
Reminds me of the excerpt from one of van gogh's letters: "Many people seem to think it foolish, even superstitious, to believe that the world could still change for the better. And it is true that in winter it is sometimes so bitingly cold that one is tempted to say, 'What do I care if there is a summer; its warmth is no help to me now.' Yes, evil often seems to surpass good. But then, in spite of us, and without our permission, there comes at last an end to the bitter frosts. One morning the wind turns and there is a thaw. And so I must still have hope."
wMXAg3w.png
1 2