Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | an Enquiry regarding breed changes
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
[s]So, I had a thought, and I don't know if it's allowed or not or if anyone would be interested. But I have these clanbound Aberration scrolls, right? The thing is, [i]I don't like Aberrations[/i]. I don't want any. At most I want the achievement for having one, and then I want it to go away again and live its best horrible two-headed life somewhere else. But if I offered to take someone ELSE'S first gens or whatever, for like... half the price of a regular breed change, turn them into Aberrations and send them back? 1. the scrolls would not molder forever in my hoard, doing no good to anybody 2. someone who likes horrible two-headed draglans would get a good deal 3. it's not even like I'd be profiting significantly, since if they weren't clanbound they'd go for more What do you think, am I gonna get banned and/or shunned? [b]eta[/b] "why don't you just scroll your own first gens, guin" because I'd have to go acquire some and then go resell them and I hate messing with the auction house, is why.[/s] Thanks, everyone! Ah, spring cleaning [emoji=rose size=1]
So, I had a thought, and I don't know if it's allowed or not or if anyone would be interested.

But I have these clanbound Aberration scrolls, right? The thing is, I don't like Aberrations. I don't want any. At most I want the achievement for having one, and then I want it to go away again and live its best horrible two-headed life somewhere else.

But if I offered to take someone ELSE'S first gens or whatever, for like... half the price of a regular breed change, turn them into Aberrations and send them back?

1. the scrolls would not molder forever in my hoard, doing no good to anybody
2. someone who likes horrible two-headed draglans would get a good deal
3. it's not even like I'd be profiting significantly, since if they weren't clanbound they'd go for more

What do you think, am I gonna get banned and/or shunned?

eta "why don't you just scroll your own first gens, guin" because I'd have to go acquire some and then go resell them and I hate messing with the auction house, is why.

Thanks, everyone! Ah, spring cleaning
DRAGLANS: A Tumblr
People have done things like this before, it is allowed! Go for it, it’s better than you never using them!
People have done things like this before, it is allowed! Go for it, it’s better than you never using them!
Ukt5hov.png 6WJQDgR.png D55IPKI.png 87195919.png he/him
I have a dragon I need to scroll if you're offering [emoji=normal eyes size=1][emoji=normal eyes size=1]
I have a dragon I need to scroll if you're offering
de5tKw1.png
[quote name="kadeunderscore" date="2023-07-29 09:24:29" ] People have done things like this before, it is allowed! Go for it, it’s better than you never using them! [/quote] Seconding this; it was very popular with clanbound eye vials before the release of non-clanbound eye vials. I think it sounds like a great idea.
kadeunderscore wrote on 2023-07-29 09:24:29:

Seconding this; it was very popular with clanbound eye vials before the release of non-clanbound eye vials. I think it sounds like a great idea.
RfKIDIZ.pngK4fQ2zN.png
[quote name="JackalopShepherd" date="2023-07-29 09:31:07" ] I have a dragon I need to scroll if you're offering [emoji=normal eyes size=1][emoji=normal eyes size=1] [/quote] I appear to be offering, yes! Thanks folks. :)
JackalopShepherd wrote on 2023-07-29 09:31:07:
I have a dragon I need to scroll if you're offering

I appear to be offering, yes!

Thanks folks. :)
This is totally normal!
I actually had someone change an undertide for me with their clanbound scrolls last year, so from a person who has used this kind of service - heck yeah go for it!
(and I actually could use an abby change, if you're serious about it!)
This is totally normal!
I actually had someone change an undertide for me with their clanbound scrolls last year, so from a person who has used this kind of service - heck yeah go for it!
w9bDUNq.pngMUYNhfy.pngPgv53XB.png
9D8YYS1.png
[quote name="Nonagesimus" date="2023-07-29 10:00:49" ] This is totally normal! I actually had someone change an undertide for me with their clanbound scrolls last year, so from a person who has used this kind of service - heck yeah go for it! (and I actually could use an abby change, if you're serious about it!) [/quote] I am quite serious! Lay 'em on me :)
Nonagesimus wrote on 2023-07-29 10:00:49:
This is totally normal!

I am quite serious! Lay 'em on me :)
as others have pointed out this is a pretty normal thing to do, especially when clanbound scrolls for ancients are given out!
(Ive been considering doing this with my 1 clanbound undertide scroll, just because i havent found a use for it yet)
as others have pointed out this is a pretty normal thing to do, especially when clanbound scrolls for ancients are given out!
(Ive been considering doing this with my 1 clanbound undertide scroll, just because i havent found a use for it yet)
dino-child-water-pixel.gif
Only thing is you might need to swap, scroll, swap back then swap the scrolled derg to you again for it to count. I don't have the achievement for obtaining a Sandsurge despite using a breed change scroll on one of my dragons, so you may need to pass around the Aberration like a hot potato until the achievement pops.
Only thing is you might need to swap, scroll, swap back then swap the scrolled derg to you again for it to count. I don't have the achievement for obtaining a Sandsurge despite using a breed change scroll on one of my dragons, so you may need to pass around the Aberration like a hot potato until the achievement pops.
27eGmsl.png
Oh, good to know! I think I'll just adopt and exalt one, save everyone the wait.
Oh, good to know! I think I'll just adopt and exalt one, save everyone the wait.
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page