Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Arlo's Ancient Artifacts - Precise Work
1 2 3
yes yes YES support. while id love to trade for rugged, at this point i just want them gone. let me trade them for research notes. let me sacrifice them. i dont care, i know i will NEVER use them all
yes yes YES support. while id love to trade for rugged, at this point i just want them gone. let me trade them for research notes. let me sacrifice them. i dont care, i know i will NEVER use them all
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
[quote name="Minkling" date="2022-11-29 17:16:15" ] I have been trying to keep up with my Arlo's Artifacts but it is at the point right now where I have 0 Rugged Work and 651 Precise Work. I have no preference to what is being dug, and would much rather use the Rugged Work. Can there be a way to trade Precise Work for Rugged Work? Even a 5/1 ratio would be better than nothing. I just really want to make progress and it's hard when all I have is Precise Work. [/quote] You're actually doing the right thing. Precise work is completionist bait to make people waste time using it. I also wish there was a way to get them off my screen, trade them for literally anything, but as long as there isn't just don't let them bother you and you come out far, far ahead.
Minkling wrote on 2022-11-29 17:16:15:
I have been trying to keep up with my Arlo's Artifacts but it is at the point right now where I have 0 Rugged Work and 651 Precise Work. I have no preference to what is being dug, and would much rather use the Rugged Work.

Can there be a way to trade Precise Work for Rugged Work? Even a 5/1 ratio would be better than nothing. I just really want to make progress and it's hard when all I have is Precise Work.

You're actually doing the right thing. Precise work is completionist bait to make people waste time using it.

I also wish there was a way to get them off my screen, trade them for literally anything, but as long as there isn't just don't let them bother you and you come out far, far ahead.
86cgLtF.png
I don’t think that being able to preferentially uncover the high-value gene and breed change squares is ‘completionist bait’.

I’d argue that Rugged Work is ‘impatience bait’, because once you’ve got all those vistas and familiars all the picks sent to those plots are wasted…

(In Deepsea Dive, there’s 3/19 ‘desirable’ plots so the odds with Rugged Work are slightly on your side. In the other two dig sites, with 2/16 and 2/18, not so much)
I don’t think that being able to preferentially uncover the high-value gene and breed change squares is ‘completionist bait’.

I’d argue that Rugged Work is ‘impatience bait’, because once you’ve got all those vistas and familiars all the picks sent to those plots are wasted…

(In Deepsea Dive, there’s 3/19 ‘desirable’ plots so the odds with Rugged Work are slightly on your side. In the other two dig sites, with 2/16 and 2/18, not so much)
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-12-10 01:19:37" ] I don’t think that being able to preferentially uncover the high-value gene and breed change squares is ‘completionist bait’. I’d argue that Rugged Work is ‘impatience bait’, because once you’ve got all those vistas and familiars all the picks sent to those plots are wasted… (In Deepsea Dive, there’s 3/19 ‘desirable’ plots so the odds with Rugged Work are slightly on your side. In the other two dig sites, with 2/16 and 2/18, not so much) [/quote] This. I was able to uncover the new Undertide Breed change plot in less than a day by using my precise work and only my precise work. And I was even able to get an extra Tide/Foam the next day to brew into the Undertide genes. Both work modes have their pros and cons and there's objectively no "correct" way to utilize Arlo depending on what you're after. In any case, I'm neutral on this suggestion. I don't think it's especially necessary but if the Devs chose to add a way to swap works around (because it must be able to swap either way) it wouldn't bother me.
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-12-10 01:19:37:

This. I was able to uncover the new Undertide Breed change plot in less than a day by using my precise work and only my precise work. And I was even able to get an extra Tide/Foam the next day to brew into the Undertide genes.

Both work modes have their pros and cons and there's objectively no "correct" way to utilize Arlo depending on what you're after.

In any case, I'm neutral on this suggestion. I don't think it's especially necessary but if the Devs chose to add a way to swap works around (because it must be able to swap either way) it wouldn't bother me.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
Please, yes. Even just an easier way to use magnifying glasses would be welcome too.
Please, yes. Even just an easier way to use magnifying glasses would be welcome too.
Please don't quote me.
If not trading them for the rugged work(which is a great idea), could we use more than one precise at a time and just mash the wait time together? Like if a plot has 6 spaces left to be cleared, choose to use 6 precise works and just have to wait for an hour?
If not trading them for the rugged work(which is a great idea), could we use more than one precise at a time and just mash the wait time together? Like if a plot has 6 spaces left to be cleared, choose to use 6 precise works and just have to wait for an hour?
k6RElVn.png NN9NPXA.png
rI18gRz.png
nv4LFb6.png
PRICTGJ.png
k7mTvIf.png

lFr0Ane.png
[quote name="Para" date="2022-12-11 21:26:29" ] If not trading them for the rugged work(which is a great idea), could we use more than one precise at a time and just mash the wait time together? Like if a plot has 6 spaces left to be cleared, choose to use 6 precise works and just have to wait for an hour? [/quote] Yes I fully support this as well. Any changes similar to those mentioned in the thread are good.
Para wrote on 2022-12-11 21:26:29:
Yes I fully support this as well. Any changes similar to those mentioned in the thread are good.
free_walking_loki_icon_by_ptilopsis-d5ui3q0.gif AdalxfM.png 2276e5c5df0177f85414338378fe1480-d9nochb.gif
any pronouns|FRT +2|Pansexual|Atax is bae|#Mintax
[quote name="Minkling" date="2022-12-12 07:09:56" ] [quote name="Para" date="2022-12-11 21:26:29" ] If not trading them for the rugged work(which is a great idea), could we use more than one precise at a time and just mash the wait time together? Like if a plot has 6 spaces left to be cleared, choose to use 6 precise works and just have to wait for an hour? [/quote] Yes I fully support this as well. Any changes similar to those mentioned in the thread are good. [/quote] This way Arlo lost all it's porpose - generate adds show. Thus to open let's say gen you should generate 50 adds. Use multiple axes in one page open means lost of adds for site. Perhaps trade them is workable desission main question I suppose, devs stuck with is ratio. What ratios likes those who post here?
Minkling wrote on 2022-12-12 07:09:56:
Para wrote on 2022-12-11 21:26:29:
Yes I fully support this as well. Any changes similar to those mentioned in the thread are good.
This way Arlo lost all it's porpose - generate adds show. Thus to open let's say gen you should generate 50 adds.
Use multiple axes in one page open means lost of adds for site.

Perhaps trade them is workable desission main question I suppose, devs stuck with is ratio.

What ratios likes those who post here?

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
please, i support
please, i support
ioikyhrg.png
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-12-12 07:51:51" ] This way Arlo lost all it's porpose - generate adds show. Thus to open let's say gen you should generate 50 adds. Use multiple axes in one page open means lost of adds for site. Perhaps trade them is workable desission main question I suppose, devs stuck with is ratio. What ratios likes those who post here? [/quote] I...think I know what you're getting at? But honestly, if it's about ads, I think it generates more of them when I'm interacting with my 100some familiars almost every day. Especially when multiple people in this thread have straight up said that it's such a hassle to use the precise work that they're just not using them at all, myself included.
Alkhor wrote on 2022-12-12 07:51:51:
This way Arlo lost all it's porpose - generate adds show. Thus to open let's say gen you should generate 50 adds.
Use multiple axes in one page open means lost of adds for site.

Perhaps trade them is workable desission main question I suppose, devs stuck with is ratio.

What ratios likes those who post here?

I...think I know what you're getting at? But honestly, if it's about ads, I think it generates more of them when I'm interacting with my 100some familiars almost every day. Especially when multiple people in this thread have straight up said that it's such a hassle to use the precise work that they're just not using them at all, myself included.
k6RElVn.png NN9NPXA.png
rI18gRz.png
nv4LFb6.png
PRICTGJ.png
k7mTvIf.png

lFr0Ane.png
1 2 3