Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I've been blocked.. what do?!
Please excuse me if this isn't the place to chat about this kinda thing!

Does anyone have any experience by being blocked by another user for no reason? I take part in a lot of forum games, and through the dragon share forums I found out I'd been blocked by a user without any interaction past "hey I love your dragons! I'd steal this one!" etc etc.

Any recommendations on clearing it up? Obvs I can't message them to ask to smooth it over, guess I'm just worried there was a misunderstanding. Anyone got any experience with this sorta thing? Should I just leave it? TIA everyone ^^
Please excuse me if this isn't the place to chat about this kinda thing!

Does anyone have any experience by being blocked by another user for no reason? I take part in a lot of forum games, and through the dragon share forums I found out I'd been blocked by a user without any interaction past "hey I love your dragons! I'd steal this one!" etc etc.

Any recommendations on clearing it up? Obvs I can't message them to ask to smooth it over, guess I'm just worried there was a misunderstanding. Anyone got any experience with this sorta thing? Should I just leave it? TIA everyone ^^
5tiydC3.pngqKZAaLK.pnglTl0CrC.pngNHnRMJ2.pngQJAOLGp.pngybAHpix.pngu9KXIA8.pngPkib3uw.png
• FR +8
• UK
@genmoi You don't need to do anything, just leave them alone.
There are lots of reasons that someone might block you including not liking your username/avatar/signature, not wanting to see your listings on the auction house, not liking a post you made, by accident or for absolutely no reason at all.
The user doesn't have to interact with you if they don't want to.
@genmoi You don't need to do anything, just leave them alone.
There are lots of reasons that someone might block you including not liking your username/avatar/signature, not wanting to see your listings on the auction house, not liking a post you made, by accident or for absolutely no reason at all.
The user doesn't have to interact with you if they don't want to.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
best to just leave it, people block for all kinds of reasons, a lot of which are minor. doesnt mean you did anything wrong, maybe they saw something later on that they didnt like. could be something as simple as not liking a dragon you have
best to just leave it, people block for all kinds of reasons, a lot of which are minor. doesnt mean you did anything wrong, maybe they saw something later on that they didnt like. could be something as simple as not liking a dragon you have
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.png5MruFoq.png 90196994p.png
Just leave them alone.
Just leave them alone.
QtezsCP.png
Leave them alone. There are plenty of reasons why someone might block you, trivial or not...

P.S. This is also a "callout" post, which is against TOS. The thread will probably get locked if you don't delete it.
Leave them alone. There are plenty of reasons why someone might block you, trivial or not...

P.S. This is also a "callout" post, which is against TOS. The thread will probably get locked if you don't delete it.
2KAdknV.png
gTTW2gA.png
GW180jv.png
uVEyOnT.png
DshAKj6.png
iR2WNmx.png
m0cjLtv.png
how many block panic posts did we get here this week lmao
how many block panic posts did we get here this week lmao
2947.png Hiro
| Brazil | FR +4
Sornieth's #2 Seeker Orb connoisseur & collector
-> please ping me!
4e8c4d35dbfc48545837857d8907144346ebb180.gif
f261d312d3350311525c3447854e87c7d0c3b5ec.gif
Eh, don't worry about it. People with block for a wide array of reasons and 99% of the time it's best not to take it personally.
Eh, don't worry about it. People with block for a wide array of reasons and 99% of the time it's best not to take it personally.
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
Hi there! Here is the Staff response to threads of this nature. [quote]Hello all. This thread is now locked, as posting about being blocked falls under our rules about [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005879886#h_01G4G1PZ1HS3DECE2TDX1SZAP6]call-outs[/url][/b]: [quote][b][u]Call-outs[/u][/b] [b]Threads designed to draw attention to a specific player, group of players, or staff are considered “call-out” threads.[/b] Regardless of the original poster’s intent, threads inviting discussion about others can quickly devolve into harassment campaigns and even well-intentioned threads can lead to this behavior. This also includes “vague” posts where a specific player is not named but the interaction with them is described for discussion with others, such as a trade o[b]r discovering the other player has blocked them[/b].[/quote] The block feature is a feature that's working as intended. Players are not required to interact with a specific individual and, as noted in this thread, there can be a variety of reasons for a block. Thank you![/quote] You can find references to this [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3179307/2#post_52566017]here[/url] and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3169996/6#post_52279977]here[/url]. This thread is now locked. Thanks!
Hi there! Here is the Staff response to threads of this nature.
Quote:
Hello all. This thread is now locked, as posting about being blocked falls under our rules about call-outs:
Quote:
Call-outs

Threads designed to draw attention to a specific player, group of players, or staff are considered “call-out” threads.

Regardless of the original poster’s intent, threads inviting discussion about others can quickly devolve into harassment campaigns and even well-intentioned threads can lead to this behavior.

This also includes “vague” posts where a specific player is not named but the interaction with them is described for discussion with others, such as a trade or discovering the other player has blocked them.

The block feature is a feature that's working as intended. Players are not required to interact with a specific individual and, as noted in this thread, there can be a variety of reasons for a block. Thank you!

You can find references to this here and here. This thread is now locked. Thanks!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.