Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Improve Coliseum CAPTCHA
Hello! I’m sure I’m not the only one who struggles occasionally with the system in the coliseum where you have to choose the one dragon out of five pictures varying from items, familiars, apparel, right? You know that pop-up, it interrupts the grind; but does reward with attack, defense, etc. I don’t mind it existing, but please make it more user friendly! Anyone who is color blind would understand. I suffer some sight issues, and I tend to fail these “tests” when grinding the coliseum. It’s frustrating, the colors merge way too much with the background, or the background is is too busy and causes my eyes to cross. The images merge to the background for me. And seriously, sometimes the colors are completely changed from the norm and I have no clue what I’m looking at! It makes what should be fun very frustrating as this is something completely out of my control. Maybe simplify it? Make the colors different than the background, or use a plain one instead? I don’t know, but please tell me I’m not the only one struggling with it, and please do help me voice my frustration and hope for change with this.
Hello! I’m sure I’m not the only one who struggles occasionally with the system in the coliseum where you have to choose the one dragon out of five pictures varying from items, familiars, apparel, right? You know that pop-up, it interrupts the grind; but does reward with attack, defense, etc. I don’t mind it existing, but please make it more user friendly! Anyone who is color blind would understand. I suffer some sight issues, and I tend to fail these “tests” when grinding the coliseum. It’s frustrating, the colors merge way too much with the background, or the background is is too busy and causes my eyes to cross. The images merge to the background for me. And seriously, sometimes the colors are completely changed from the norm and I have no clue what I’m looking at! It makes what should be fun very frustrating as this is something completely out of my control. Maybe simplify it? Make the colors different than the background, or use a plain one instead? I don’t know, but please tell me I’m not the only one struggling with it, and please do help me voice my frustration and hope for change with this.
Everybody and the kitchen sink has issues with the coli captcha. I have issues with the coli captcha and I have pretty much perfect eyesight and a good computer screen and no hand issues that would make me misclick. This suggestion comes up a lot and it's been an issue for years.
Everybody and the kitchen sink has issues with the coli captcha. I have issues with the coli captcha and I have pretty much perfect eyesight and a good computer screen and no hand issues that would make me misclick. This suggestion comes up a lot and it's been an issue for years.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
i have to look at some of them for so long because i cannot tell which one is the dragon, especially when they're flipped and spun. i just have no clue what they are sometimes and im just glad you dont get punished for missing it.

sometimes familiars look like dragons and dragons look like familiars and then other times i dont see a dragon at all. it's just colors.

some of them are also very overstimulating since they do sometimes end up just looking like swirls of color
i have to look at some of them for so long because i cannot tell which one is the dragon, especially when they're flipped and spun. i just have no clue what they are sometimes and im just glad you dont get punished for missing it.

sometimes familiars look like dragons and dragons look like familiars and then other times i dont see a dragon at all. it's just colors.

some of them are also very overstimulating since they do sometimes end up just looking like swirls of color
please help me
he/they/it
I really want to give the staff slack because really the game is a lot of fun, it’s so creative and I love the familiars, art, community, the lore, all of it! But then they’ll sit on this issue for 4 years and pop on in with brand new genes like soap and new events and it’s great but PLEASE prioritize main parts of the game causing issues! I don’t want to be upset wit them, again because I know they work hard on this site and keeping things rolling, but I can’t even enjoy Starfall or any of the events since grinding is becoming too frustrating as my eyesight has worsened since the coliseum added this. I wish something would change soon. I want to enjoy FR to the fullest, but I no longer can.
I really want to give the staff slack because really the game is a lot of fun, it’s so creative and I love the familiars, art, community, the lore, all of it! But then they’ll sit on this issue for 4 years and pop on in with brand new genes like soap and new events and it’s great but PLEASE prioritize main parts of the game causing issues! I don’t want to be upset wit them, again because I know they work hard on this site and keeping things rolling, but I can’t even enjoy Starfall or any of the events since grinding is becoming too frustrating as my eyesight has worsened since the coliseum added this. I wish something would change soon. I want to enjoy FR to the fullest, but I no longer can.
Its a shame that FR doesn't consider doing captcha in a less invasive/disruptive way that actually rewards players and are enjoyable. Like having little minigames where you have to drag/drop/rotate stuff to open locks, set up campsites, dig for relics, put broken stuff together heck even one where you gotta make food would likely work. There has been some research about stuff like this and how beneficial it is since you want sites to be accessible to everyone and any bot-catching things to not be a detriment to players. It is a pity that we haven't actually seen any real staff response to this.
Its a shame that FR doesn't consider doing captcha in a less invasive/disruptive way that actually rewards players and are enjoyable. Like having little minigames where you have to drag/drop/rotate stuff to open locks, set up campsites, dig for relics, put broken stuff together heck even one where you gotta make food would likely work. There has been some research about stuff like this and how beneficial it is since you want sites to be accessible to everyone and any bot-catching things to not be a detriment to players. It is a pity that we haven't actually seen any real staff response to this.
[img]https://c.tenor.com/9KQpv10fUDYAAAAC/old-boomer.gif[/img] I have excellent vision (with varifocals, RIP my youth), unusually good colour discrimination, I magnify the captchas, and I have difficulty making out the flippin' dragon. Sometimes I click on a familiar instead just because I'm so excited to have recognised something.
old-boomer.gif

I have excellent vision (with varifocals, RIP my youth), unusually good colour discrimination, I magnify the captchas, and I have difficulty making out the flippin' dragon.

Sometimes I click on a familiar instead just because I'm so excited to have recognised something.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Always support! Recently got back into coli and my god I just can't solve the captchas, really wish I could have kept a tally of how many I failed because it was A LOT. Granted I do have poor vision and shaky hands but still I shouldn't be punished so hard because of my disabilities just because I need to feed my lair. [quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-09-27 01:33:40" ] Sometimes I click on a familiar instead just because I'm so excited to have recognised something. [/quote] Dang this is so accurate it hurts ;u;
Always support!

Recently got back into coli and my god I just can't solve the captchas, really wish I could have kept a tally of how many I failed because it was A LOT. Granted I do have poor vision and shaky hands but still I shouldn't be punished so hard because of my disabilities just because I need to feed my lair.
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-09-27 01:33:40:

Sometimes I click on a familiar instead just because I'm so excited to have recognised something.

Dang this is so accurate it hurts ;u;
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/48be1dec2f22e58dc8ca77ceaf27b88f.png[/img] i've had to stop playing coli at night because my light filters (which are a health benefit and i should not have to give them up to play) make it even harder to find the dragons, and they kick in at around 8:30. sometimes i struggle to see if there's even a dragon on the screen. i LOVE coli. it's easy on my brain and i can get up and just wander off in the middle, something that i can't do in the fairgrounds. i have on one occasion taken a dragon from level 1 to level 25 in a single day because i had little else to do on a long drive (someone else at the wheel, obviously). i don't get bored of it. but the captchas are so bad. and the fact that some folks are locked out entirely, when it's probably the most important wealth-generation tool on the site? when it's the bottleneck for exalting dragons? (and that's more important than ever these days, since dom battles have cooled to almost nothing due to the sheer amount of work setting up events/raffles are) i just really hope the lack of comment on this is because they're trying to address it with the refactor or. something.
48be1dec2f22e58dc8ca77ceaf27b88f.png

i've had to stop playing coli at night because my light filters (which are a health benefit and i should not have to give them up to play) make it even harder to find the dragons, and they kick in at around 8:30. sometimes i struggle to see if there's even a dragon on the screen.

i LOVE coli. it's easy on my brain and i can get up and just wander off in the middle, something that i can't do in the fairgrounds. i have on one occasion taken a dragon from level 1 to level 25 in a single day because i had little else to do on a long drive (someone else at the wheel, obviously). i don't get bored of it. but the captchas are so bad.

and the fact that some folks are locked out entirely, when it's probably the most important wealth-generation tool on the site? when it's the bottleneck for exalting dragons? (and that's more important than ever these days, since dom battles have cooled to almost nothing due to the sheer amount of work setting up events/raffles are)

i just really hope the lack of comment on this is because they're trying to address it with the refactor or. something.
I didn't even think about how my light filters (which I have on almost all the time for health reasons) make this so much worse but yeah, it does.

This needs to be overhauled so bad, and it really bugs me that the staff have said nothing about it for literal years despite the problems being brought up again and again :/
I didn't even think about how my light filters (which I have on almost all the time for health reasons) make this so much worse but yeah, it does.

This needs to be overhauled so bad, and it really bugs me that the staff have said nothing about it for literal years despite the problems being brought up again and again :/
TW8ViqF.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD