Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gee Those Genes
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Cutie owl baby!!!
Cutie owl baby!!!
ChawcsW.png
YESSSS CAPSULE FOR GAOLERS AND BANES CAPSULE FOR GAOLERS AND BANES-

I love that new familiar too!
YESSSS CAPSULE FOR GAOLERS AND BANES CAPSULE FOR GAOLERS AND BANES-

I love that new familiar too!
IMG-7213.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - wishlist
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
xx
I love the new familiar! I want capsule on some of my future Gaolers so that's fun :D
I love the new familiar! I want capsule on some of my future Gaolers so that's fun :D
p1Pjh8S.png

p110et9.gif By Sesshin

[img][/img]
@hungryhobbits @Jaypaw @ShadowLugia111

(I know you're not the only ones who have commented on this; you're just the most recent and I don't want to go back through the entire thread—)

I don't know if it helps at all, but to me capsule on gaolers makes perfect sense? The look of the gene is based on glass bottles filled with liquid; here, the interior of the bottles is smooth, but they have extra glass "decoration" in the form of the fur. Hence why the fur still looks to be made of glass, but doesn't have liquid in it.
(You can compare to say... a blown glass vase with glass handles, which aren't themselves hollow.)
@hungryhobbits @Jaypaw @ShadowLugia111

(I know you're not the only ones who have commented on this; you're just the most recent and I don't want to go back through the entire thread—)

I don't know if it helps at all, but to me capsule on gaolers makes perfect sense? The look of the gene is based on glass bottles filled with liquid; here, the interior of the bottles is smooth, but they have extra glass "decoration" in the form of the fur. Hence why the fur still looks to be made of glass, but doesn't have liquid in it.
(You can compare to say... a blown glass vase with glass handles, which aren't themselves hollow.)
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
@Tuberose i mean i'm aware of the aesthetic choices they just arent done well
@Tuberose i mean i'm aware of the aesthetic choices they just arent done well
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
@Tuberose

Well, Capsule is actually supposed to be a thin layer of liquid between transparent scales and the dragon's skin... though I suppose you could still support your stance by saying the fur is also transparent in those areas.

But either way... I just don't really like how it looks? It just looks awkward no matter how I try to look at it. I dunno how else to put it. ¯\_(@-@)_/¯
@Tuberose

Well, Capsule is actually supposed to be a thin layer of liquid between transparent scales and the dragon's skin... though I suppose you could still support your stance by saying the fur is also transparent in those areas.

But either way... I just don't really like how it looks? It just looks awkward no matter how I try to look at it. I dunno how else to put it. ¯\_(@-@)_/¯
OQwOmsS.png
_

she/her
straight
quoiromantic
FR time +1
A small egg with a galaxy pattern and white hearts on it. It links to the Wholesome Void Hatchery.
_

A link to my skin shop.
A link to my wishlist.
A link to my Tumblr.
A link to my Instagram.
PX2gJ9f.png
Not usually so up front and opinionated, but! While having fade/blend available for the other ancient breeds is nice, I agree that capsule on gaolers needs a bit more work. Also, is noxtide for male pearlies ever going to be fixed?
Not usually so up front and opinionated, but! While having fade/blend available for the other ancient breeds is nice, I agree that capsule on gaolers needs a bit more work. Also, is noxtide for male pearlies ever going to be fixed?
6wR17En.png
Capsule looks very odd on Goalers, I'm not a fan
Capsule looks very odd on Goalers, I'm not a fan
She/Her
Lover of WangXian and HuaLian
I'm so excited about this familiar! I'm a nerd obsessed with the phases of the moon, and have pairs that hatch nests on every full moon so this is definitely up my alley! :D
I'm so excited about this familiar! I'm a nerd obsessed with the phases of the moon, and have pairs that hatch nests on every full moon so this is definitely up my alley! :D
It looks like a long furby. I love it.
It looks like a long furby. I love it.
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36