Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Archiving Dead Accounts
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page
No support. Please use the forum search, this has been beaten to death and dust so many times already!

Random is random and should stay that way! The only accounts that should be removed from it are locked/banned ones. Nothing else.
No support. Please use the forum search, this has been beaten to death and dust so many times already!

Random is random and should stay that way! The only accounts that should be removed from it are locked/banned ones. Nothing else.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
No support I feel like if inactive accounts are archived and you have to send in a request to unarchive them its just going to increase the chances they'll make a new account instead.

I read somewhere they were designing this game so you could drop it for months and come back if you need to. I've been on hiatus for as long as two years and have been able to come back. I'm a busy person so I appreciate not having to deal with unarchiving my account.

Plus it's not a requirement to comment on the dragons on the front page? From my understanding there are people that don't like it, to me yeah its neat to know that one of my dragons ended up on someone front page but it's not a requirement.

As for finding dragons being difficult with the search function. Yeah I get the frustration but there are better ways to improve it than "get rid of the abandoned accounts" such as a filter category
No support I feel like if inactive accounts are archived and you have to send in a request to unarchive them its just going to increase the chances they'll make a new account instead.

I read somewhere they were designing this game so you could drop it for months and come back if you need to. I've been on hiatus for as long as two years and have been able to come back. I'm a busy person so I appreciate not having to deal with unarchiving my account.

Plus it's not a requirement to comment on the dragons on the front page? From my understanding there are people that don't like it, to me yeah its neat to know that one of my dragons ended up on someone front page but it's not a requirement.

As for finding dragons being difficult with the search function. Yeah I get the frustration but there are better ways to improve it than "get rid of the abandoned accounts" such as a filter category
2c1ea89cf12c136c743f8fd899126ae7b0e4abad.png
Techbilts BBCode Helperupdated 6-8-24 for missing ancients
absolutely no support. i took a five year long hiatus. when i came back i was just tentatively re-exploring the site, not sure that i fully wanted to come back but just playing around with it a bit. i liked how i was able to immediately jump back in and just slowly get used to all the new features. if i had had to take the extra step of requesting that my account be unarchived i might have never come back, because i didn't actually want to commit to coming back. just wanted to dip my toes back into the water. having to send a request to reactivate your account is a massive roadblock to players coming back.

plus i will never ever understand why people don't like it when the random dragon is from an inactive account. that doesn't make the dragon any less pretty. i don't get it.
absolutely no support. i took a five year long hiatus. when i came back i was just tentatively re-exploring the site, not sure that i fully wanted to come back but just playing around with it a bit. i liked how i was able to immediately jump back in and just slowly get used to all the new features. if i had had to take the extra step of requesting that my account be unarchived i might have never come back, because i didn't actually want to commit to coming back. just wanted to dip my toes back into the water. having to send a request to reactivate your account is a massive roadblock to players coming back.

plus i will never ever understand why people don't like it when the random dragon is from an inactive account. that doesn't make the dragon any less pretty. i don't get it.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
[quote name="@WhisperWinged" date="2021-11-06 02:40:12" ] keeping them online they make the "Random Dragon" feature less fun. They also interfere with a user's ability to find dragons for purposes of purchasing or breeding through the Search function. It addition, all those abandoned accounts must take up a lot of online storage space that costs real money! If those accounts could be archived to cheaper storage, it would make the "Random Dragon" and Search features more enjoyable and save money at the same time. A win-win! [/quote] I think all of your concerns can be solved by using the auction house ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons]here[/url])! I personally think random dragons being actually random is more fun for me. If you'd like to see random [i]active[/i] dragons, you can check the auction house or any of the dragon sales forums. These are both better places to check for sale dragons than the dragon search. However thinking about it, I wonder if a "well fed" sorting option would work in dragon search... that may be interesting, and would help you if you only want to use the site search feature for dragons as opposed to forums or auction house.
@WhisperWinged wrote on 2021-11-06 02:40:12:
keeping them online they make the "Random Dragon" feature less fun. They also interfere with a user's ability to find dragons for purposes of purchasing or breeding through the Search function. It addition, all those abandoned accounts must take up a lot of online storage space that costs real money! If those accounts could be archived to cheaper storage, it would make the "Random Dragon" and Search features more enjoyable and save money at the same time. A win-win!

I think all of your concerns can be solved by using the auction house (here)! I personally think random dragons being actually random is more fun for me. If you'd like to see random active dragons, you can check the auction house or any of the dragon sales forums. These are both better places to check for sale dragons than the dragon search.

However thinking about it, I wonder if a "well fed" sorting option would work in dragon search... that may be interesting, and would help you if you only want to use the site search feature for dragons as opposed to forums or auction house.
No support, some people take hiatuses for mental health reasons, irl reasons, and so forth, so if they come back and their account is gone? It'd probably frustrate them a lot, and even more so frustrating going through support to get it back. Imagine how many requests staff would have to go through! /nm
No support, some people take hiatuses for mental health reasons, irl reasons, and so forth, so if they come back and their account is gone? It'd probably frustrate them a lot, and even more so frustrating going through support to get it back. Imagine how many requests staff would have to go through! /nm
Returning after a long time of not being on
My name is The Puff is IN! Not The Puffis or The Puffin /nm
no support for archiving but i do actually sort of agree with the less dead accounts on the front page dragons thing

it would be cool if there was a way they could even decrease the likelihood of 0-energy dragons showing up or something.. like 1/4 odds it was a low energy dragon or smth??? idk that's probably needlessly fiddly.. i just think it would be less depressing for me personally to go to peoples lairs and see active players lol
no support for archiving but i do actually sort of agree with the less dead accounts on the front page dragons thing

it would be cool if there was a way they could even decrease the likelihood of 0-energy dragons showing up or something.. like 1/4 odds it was a low energy dragon or smth??? idk that's probably needlessly fiddly.. i just think it would be less depressing for me personally to go to peoples lairs and see active players lol
IMG_4004.png
this is a bad idea.

1. inactive accounts barely impacts the site's servers. they are not doing anything, and the account's data itself does not take that much site's resources. its the active users interacting with the website that takes the site's resources
2. this would create pointless strain for helpdesk. its already incredibly strained, and adding having to manually re-activate people's accounts would make it even worse
3. people should be allowed to take as long breaks as they want, and expect to be able to return back whenever they want without any extra steps
this is a bad idea.

1. inactive accounts barely impacts the site's servers. they are not doing anything, and the account's data itself does not take that much site's resources. its the active users interacting with the website that takes the site's resources
2. this would create pointless strain for helpdesk. its already incredibly strained, and adding having to manually re-activate people's accounts would make it even worse
3. people should be allowed to take as long breaks as they want, and expect to be able to return back whenever they want without any extra steps
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
Sorry, no support. I don't think this is a necessary thing.

If it's hunger ticks that cause the most server strain vs unattended accounts, a happy medium would be to just add an item or a feature called "Hiatus" or something that just drops your lair's fed bonus to 0. Anyone *planning* on leaving for an extended period of time can intentionally reduce server strain if they want, then. No requests needed to be sent.

The random dragon thing isn't a huge issue, to me. I'd actually support an opt-out for appearing in it because I know a lot of users actually don't like getting random comments/messages in the first place, though. But being able to congratulate a player on an RNG win isn't a pressing matter. I understand wanting to be social in a social game, but I think you'd have much more fun on Dragon Share if you like seeing dragons owned by active users.

As for using the search to find dragons to buy - I super recommend using the Auction House instead. Dragons are not for sale for a reason, generally. I get really annoyed when I get messages asking if I will lend out a dragon for breeding or sell one when I explicitly state in my bio that I do not sell or breed my perma dragons. If it's obviously a fodder dragon, go wild, but if you're looking for a specific dragon/color/gene combo, Find A Dragon on the forums is probably way better for you than hoping someone you find in Search will respond.

Sorry, no support. I don't think this is a necessary thing.

If it's hunger ticks that cause the most server strain vs unattended accounts, a happy medium would be to just add an item or a feature called "Hiatus" or something that just drops your lair's fed bonus to 0. Anyone *planning* on leaving for an extended period of time can intentionally reduce server strain if they want, then. No requests needed to be sent.

The random dragon thing isn't a huge issue, to me. I'd actually support an opt-out for appearing in it because I know a lot of users actually don't like getting random comments/messages in the first place, though. But being able to congratulate a player on an RNG win isn't a pressing matter. I understand wanting to be social in a social game, but I think you'd have much more fun on Dragon Share if you like seeing dragons owned by active users.

As for using the search to find dragons to buy - I super recommend using the Auction House instead. Dragons are not for sale for a reason, generally. I get really annoyed when I get messages asking if I will lend out a dragon for breeding or sell one when I explicitly state in my bio that I do not sell or breed my perma dragons. If it's obviously a fodder dragon, go wild, but if you're looking for a specific dragon/color/gene combo, Find A Dragon on the forums is probably way better for you than hoping someone you find in Search will respond.

nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page