Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Glimmer and Gloom?!?!?
*sigh* I'm sooooo confused I looked at every glimmer and gloom guide there is I've done two G1 projects and I spent a lot of money so can somebody please help me with glimmer and gloom??
*sigh* I'm sooooo confused I looked at every glimmer and gloom guide there is I've done two G1 projects and I spent a lot of money so can somebody please help me with glimmer and gloom??
Potted Cactus =
=Vx1HobZ.png
=B1biG2b.png
yyLPAvX.png
GRHnPzA.png
Just some cactus crazy person
Birb_Cult.gif
[nextcol]eSHXerd.png[/columns]
@MilleniumTheReef

Do you have specific questions about it? Most people find the Hard difficulty the fastest one to grind. You said that you've already looked at all the guides - did you also watch the videos attached to some of them? Those can be more helpful than text, sometimes.
@MilleniumTheReef

Do you have specific questions about it? Most people find the Hard difficulty the fastest one to grind. You said that you've already looked at all the guides - did you also watch the videos attached to some of them? Those can be more helpful than text, sometimes.
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
@Ara huh videos gonna watch em' Thanks!
@Ara huh videos gonna watch em' Thanks!
Potted Cactus =
=Vx1HobZ.png
=B1biG2b.png
yyLPAvX.png
GRHnPzA.png
Birb_Cult.gif
@MilleniumTheReef

In my experience, you just have to find the guide which will explain it the right way for you :/ I can't do G&G-style games without learning it by heart for the life of me, and didn't understand any guide until I found one who explained it differently - unfortunaetly I don't where it is now.

A few tips :
  • G&G is about "cleaning the board" = making one color disappear
  • If you click a tile, all surrounding tiles swap color. You will use that to "sweep" tiles from upper left to lower right of the board.
  • Choose a color you will make win each time. I find easier to make Light tiles disappear (I kinda see them better on Shadow which seems more like background to me) so I make Shadow win but choose the one you find the more natural.
  • For grinding, Hard more is the easiest : good time / reward ratio and fewer patterns to learn than super hard mode.
  • Begin in the upper left of the board. Make the tiles of the color you chose disappear until you have a few tiles in the bottom right you can't make disappear.
  • To sweep tiles, you just have to click a tile under the one you want to make disappear (the more efficient one it the one on the bottom right of the target tile). It will make your tile change color ("disappear"), and now your problem is one line lower. Repeat until there are tiles you can't move. These are your final patterns.
  • There are only a few final patterns. Learn them by heart and boom ! win (I don't have a list but there should be on G&G guides)
  • If there is an uneven number of tiles in the middle row, click on the first tile of the middle row. Repeat sweeping. Now there is an even number of tiles, you can make them all disappear.

Hope that will help !
@MilleniumTheReef

In my experience, you just have to find the guide which will explain it the right way for you :/ I can't do G&G-style games without learning it by heart for the life of me, and didn't understand any guide until I found one who explained it differently - unfortunaetly I don't where it is now.

A few tips :
  • G&G is about "cleaning the board" = making one color disappear
  • If you click a tile, all surrounding tiles swap color. You will use that to "sweep" tiles from upper left to lower right of the board.
  • Choose a color you will make win each time. I find easier to make Light tiles disappear (I kinda see them better on Shadow which seems more like background to me) so I make Shadow win but choose the one you find the more natural.
  • For grinding, Hard more is the easiest : good time / reward ratio and fewer patterns to learn than super hard mode.
  • Begin in the upper left of the board. Make the tiles of the color you chose disappear until you have a few tiles in the bottom right you can't make disappear.
  • To sweep tiles, you just have to click a tile under the one you want to make disappear (the more efficient one it the one on the bottom right of the target tile). It will make your tile change color ("disappear"), and now your problem is one line lower. Repeat until there are tiles you can't move. These are your final patterns.
  • There are only a few final patterns. Learn them by heart and boom ! win (I don't have a list but there should be on G&G guides)
  • If there is an uneven number of tiles in the middle row, click on the first tile of the middle row. Repeat sweeping. Now there is an even number of tiles, you can make them all disappear.

Hope that will help !
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
Look Here! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2486926/1

And use this cheat sheet! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tJvTxs8qteX4JqSlXjWwG-iH1oYBrLhlXRqKRgI403c/edit?usp=sharing
Look Here! http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2486926/1

And use this cheat sheet! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tJvTxs8qteX4JqSlXjWwG-iH1oYBrLhlXRqKRgI403c/edit?usp=sharing
Crow!she/her
Come to buy, adopt, loan, borrow, or exalt dragons
I'm soooo dumb guys I still dont understand!!?!?!?!?!?!
I'm soooo dumb guys I still dont understand!!?!?!?!?!?!
Potted Cactus =
=Vx1HobZ.png
=B1biG2b.png
yyLPAvX.png
GRHnPzA.png
Birb_Cult.gif
When reading all the guides, you need to be aware of one thing - there are multiple ways of solving it. They are different ways of solving the same problem, not multiple ways of explaining a single solution. So, read them through and see which one you can understand and stick with that one. There's no need to try understand them all.

I find the easiest one for me isn't the fastest one, but it's the easiest for me as it tells me what to do exactly when I get to certain row. It may takes more steps than the optimized solution, but it also means I only need to remember 3 patterns - what to do when row 4, 5 & 6 are odd number.

Anyway, I also suggest open a game yourself, and try follow a guide step by step. Do it a few times until you're familiarized with the steps. Note, you don't need to 'understand' the game, all you need to do is 'know' what to do when with what pattern.
When reading all the guides, you need to be aware of one thing - there are multiple ways of solving it. They are different ways of solving the same problem, not multiple ways of explaining a single solution. So, read them through and see which one you can understand and stick with that one. There's no need to try understand them all.

I find the easiest one for me isn't the fastest one, but it's the easiest for me as it tells me what to do exactly when I get to certain row. It may takes more steps than the optimized solution, but it also means I only need to remember 3 patterns - what to do when row 4, 5 & 6 are odd number.

Anyway, I also suggest open a game yourself, and try follow a guide step by step. Do it a few times until you're familiarized with the steps. Note, you don't need to 'understand' the game, all you need to do is 'know' what to do when with what pattern.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
@hat17 @-@ so confused (I'm just being extra dense).
@hat17 @-@ so confused (I'm just being extra dense).
Potted Cactus =
=Vx1HobZ.png
=B1biG2b.png
yyLPAvX.png
GRHnPzA.png
Birb_Cult.gif
@MilleniumTheReef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqbiMtoHtY

Try this tutorial for Hard mode! It’s the only one I’ve found so far where I could just get into the flow and not have to look at a spreadsheet. The nice thing is you only have to memorize 3 rules for how to solve the puzzles. Hope this helps!
@MilleniumTheReef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqbiMtoHtY

Try this tutorial for Hard mode! It’s the only one I’ve found so far where I could just get into the flow and not have to look at a spreadsheet. The nice thing is you only have to memorize 3 rules for how to solve the puzzles. Hope this helps!
badges_02.png
AJ | 27 | FR +3
Badges 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | Persistent | LDCC
REBIRTH.png