Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | View Family Tree
Support! I tend to have trouble with the lineage window since that can result in having to sort through numerous pages just to find who im looking for, so having a dragon's lineage laid out in one organized place would make things so much easier!
Support! I tend to have trouble with the lineage window since that can result in having to sort through numerous pages just to find who im looking for, so having a dragon's lineage laid out in one organized place would make things so much easier!
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
Support! I would love being able to go through all my dragon's past ancestors and see if any are distantly related in some way!
Support! I would love being able to go through all my dragon's past ancestors and see if any are distantly related in some way!
unEaUkh.png - She/they/xe
- Tales of Eotera (Lore Thread)
9fbec014932d0afc30da6fd2c36bc2ad26496952.png
I'm back, lol. I feel like lineages could really help with adding desire to [i]breed[/i] G1s, as opposed to just... flooding the game with more and more G1s that are vastly unbred, because unbred dragons are wroth so much more than bred dragons. This wouldn't apply to everyone, and maybe not a lot, but I would personally be a lot more interested in PRETTY lineages, than just... nine-hundred miles of G2+ dragons being bred together to get a great result. I want to see that great result with an awesome lineage! Things like this: This image would indicate that all the male partners are G1s, while the females are a single lineage. This would make the end boy 'lineage fodder', as he's not a girl, and thus would break the nice ladder lineage of hte image when he's bred. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/58678d986817bb6d64d1dfc3fbb7c6ae.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/d772df95c6b0d87f94d9fae8acc1cfee.png[/img] FR specific, you need to breed - a certain primary/secondary - a certain sex, possibly a certain tertiary. YES, it could be 'ruined' by someone throwing a scatter at a dragon somewhere along there, but honestly, I think it would be a lot of fun, and it would create a new demand for G1s, ones that gets them bred - which both deflates [i]their[/i] value, but also [i]increases[/i] the value of those who aren't bred -- as opposed to everyone being decreased because there are [i]so many[/i]. Additionally, lineages could be PRESERVED by exalting dragons! This would save their breed, their colours, and their genes exactly the way you wanted them when you were breeding for a pretty lineage. Exalting would help REDUCE the number of dragons on the site, which is important to help against lag and excess usage of resources overall. A dragon with 100% EXALTED lineages could even argue to be worth [i]more[/i], because there is no way to ruin their lineage where the exalted dragons are concerned. Honestly, the prospect of view-able lineages excites me so much! It could really offer a whole new aspect to the site, while reinforcing the need to exalt dragons, and also maintaining and/or even increasing the value of unbred dragons and G1s. Additionally, while the comment was brought up of dragon links, all the dragons use the same information in their links: [b]Active Dragon:[/b] [code]https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21422806[/code] [b]Exalted Dragon:[/b] [code]https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/11233659[/code] If you stick the Active Dragon's ID on the end of the Exalted Dragon's code, it still takes you to the active dragon, updating the URL to the above in the progress. I believe its the numbers that are important, so I wouldn't think it would be too hard to use avatars or portraits of the dragons on their lineages that link to their profile or exalt page. Perhaps a coloured border - green active, and red exalted etc etc. so you can see at a glance.
I'm back, lol.

I feel like lineages could really help with adding desire to breed G1s, as opposed to just... flooding the game with more and more G1s that are vastly unbred, because unbred dragons are wroth so much more than bred dragons.

This wouldn't apply to everyone, and maybe not a lot, but I would personally be a lot more interested in PRETTY lineages, than just... nine-hundred miles of G2+ dragons being bred together to get a great result.

I want to see that great result with an awesome lineage!

Things like this: This image would indicate that all the male partners are G1s, while the females are a single lineage. This would make the end boy 'lineage fodder', as he's not a girl, and thus would break the nice ladder lineage of hte image when he's bred.

58678d986817bb6d64d1dfc3fbb7c6ae.png
d772df95c6b0d87f94d9fae8acc1cfee.png

FR specific, you need to breed - a certain primary/secondary - a certain sex, possibly a certain tertiary.

YES, it could be 'ruined' by someone throwing a scatter at a dragon somewhere along there, but honestly, I think it would be a lot of fun, and it would create a new demand for G1s, ones that gets them bred - which both deflates their value, but also increases the value of those who aren't bred -- as opposed to everyone being decreased because there are so many.

Additionally, lineages could be PRESERVED by exalting dragons! This would save their breed, their colours, and their genes exactly the way you wanted them when you were breeding for a pretty lineage. Exalting would help REDUCE the number of dragons on the site, which is important to help against lag and excess usage of resources overall. A dragon with 100% EXALTED lineages could even argue to be worth more, because there is no way to ruin their lineage where the exalted dragons are concerned.

Honestly, the prospect of view-able lineages excites me so much! It could really offer a whole new aspect to the site, while reinforcing the need to exalt dragons, and also maintaining and/or even increasing the value of unbred dragons and G1s.

Additionally, while the comment was brought up of dragon links, all the dragons use the same information in their links:

Active Dragon:
Code:
https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21422806

Exalted Dragon:
Code:
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/11233659

If you stick the Active Dragon's ID on the end of the Exalted Dragon's code, it still takes you to the active dragon, updating the URL to the above in the progress. I believe its the numbers that are important, so I wouldn't think it would be too hard to use avatars or portraits of the dragons on their lineages that link to their profile or exalt page.

Perhaps a coloured border - green active, and red exalted etc etc. so you can see at a glance.
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
absolutely support!

i literally made a very similar thread not a few hours ago! i would love for there to be a way to see which generation links dragons!

i would also love to be able to assay more than one pair per page

i would also also love to be able to be able to press a button which would open a new foresee progeny tab from the assay bloodlines page (and vice versa)
absolutely support!

i literally made a very similar thread not a few hours ago! i would love for there to be a way to see which generation links dragons!

i would also love to be able to assay more than one pair per page

i would also also love to be able to be able to press a button which would open a new foresee progeny tab from the assay bloodlines page (and vice versa)
b6af85db30eb4eff7c9ddc8cebdd0e55670c07ff.png ua2M4Jb.png b6af85db30eb4eff7c9ddc8cebdd0e55670c07ff.png

b4b840e099a9f5b084c8effd98748c1ecceaa6ca.png cre
b4b840e099a9f5b084c8effd98748c1ecceaa6ca.png she/her
b4b840e099a9f5b084c8effd98748c1ecceaa6ca.png directory
Support! I'm not even a big breeder, but I like looking at my dragons' ancestors to help me develop their personalities and flight alignments.
Support! I'm not even a big breeder, but I like looking at my dragons' ancestors to help me develop their personalities and flight alignments.
LMLA6wg.png
Support! This is very useful to those who would need it for breeding purposes!
Support! This is very useful to those who would need it for breeding purposes!
support! i love this idea
support! i love this idea
Bump because I love this idea
Bump because I love this idea
12021.png12019.png12018.png12017.png12020.png22517.png
Support because I'm in the middle of a project right now and I am Suffering
Support because I'm in the middle of a project right now and I am Suffering
Big support! I like clicking through my dragons' offspring and seeing if any are still active and not just exalted for fun. this would make that much easier!
Big support! I like clicking through my dragons' offspring and seeing if any are still active and not just exalted for fun. this would make that much easier!
psychefennecat.png