Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Kinda feel bad for shadow flight
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Shadow has grown in wealth and population. Maybe they are gauging our central bank.
Shadow has grown in wealth and population. Maybe they are gauging our central bank.
CEO of 100 Oldest Dragons

I feel Capital
Ire Tweet
H9klr6C.png
[text]Total Insects Eaten: 32650[/text]
[text]Total Insects Eaten: 41788[/text]
Steam Gyre
Yes shadow's other breed is limited and new scrolls and eggs only enter the site for two weeks a year, but... during those two weeks, So Many of them enter the site! To the point where noc scrolls cost less than 100g this year and noc eggs are abundant long after notn and g1 nocturnes are often assumed to be incomplete! They may be limited, but they sure ain't hard to get or rare.
Yes shadow's other breed is limited and new scrolls and eggs only enter the site for two weeks a year, but... during those two weeks, So Many of them enter the site! To the point where noc scrolls cost less than 100g this year and noc eggs are abundant long after notn and g1 nocturnes are often assumed to be incomplete! They may be limited, but they sure ain't hard to get or rare.
fMy4Ig7.png
As someone who doesn't buy gems and instead earns them via the AH and site features, 1000 gems can be a bit to work up to unless you have assets to sell for immediate profit or are willing to earn up to that slowly, but it's hardly going to break the bank on it's own, especially as most genes go for well over that.

There is no hard time limitation on Veilspun scrolls in the same vein as the free Gaoler scrolls or Banescale eggs had either. While breeding them may not be super lucrative in a few weeks from now, that is typical for all breeds regardless of how they're acquired, and if they are cycled out of the Gem Marketplace for a time, they will inevitably be brought back at a later date, similar to existing Gem breeds like Wildclaws and Coatls. This will make them available for players willing to wait out the temporary retirement.

This is not to say that I don't believe FR has never tried to pull a cash grab nor that it is beyond them in the future; sorry if this comes across as cynical, but I keep a healthy skepticism regarding any corporate entity dealing in digital goods no matter how small they want to keep their company in the beginning, because they almost never stay that way if they are successful-- but I would not personally quantify Veilspun as a Gem breed as one by any real stretch of the imagination within the framework of a petsite.

They could have very easily made them 1500g instead of 1000g, citing that as the "discount" for a breed that is only able to reproduce with others of their own kind, but they knocked the price of a normal modern-breed change scroll (2000g) down by a full half instead. This is rather generous, I think, as they did not lock any of the Veilspun's new, breed-specific genes behind a similar paywall and instead let them stay as Treasure, Baldwin, Swipp, and Coli earnings instead.

Edit: The userbase was also made aware very early on during the Veilspuns breed's development that they would be Gem-based, and FR staff made no promises about releasing free scrolls or eggs along with it at that time. This is not a situation where they released a new feature with no warning and retired it after only three days; users have had months to earn gems in preparation for this release.
As someone who doesn't buy gems and instead earns them via the AH and site features, 1000 gems can be a bit to work up to unless you have assets to sell for immediate profit or are willing to earn up to that slowly, but it's hardly going to break the bank on it's own, especially as most genes go for well over that.

There is no hard time limitation on Veilspun scrolls in the same vein as the free Gaoler scrolls or Banescale eggs had either. While breeding them may not be super lucrative in a few weeks from now, that is typical for all breeds regardless of how they're acquired, and if they are cycled out of the Gem Marketplace for a time, they will inevitably be brought back at a later date, similar to existing Gem breeds like Wildclaws and Coatls. This will make them available for players willing to wait out the temporary retirement.

This is not to say that I don't believe FR has never tried to pull a cash grab nor that it is beyond them in the future; sorry if this comes across as cynical, but I keep a healthy skepticism regarding any corporate entity dealing in digital goods no matter how small they want to keep their company in the beginning, because they almost never stay that way if they are successful-- but I would not personally quantify Veilspun as a Gem breed as one by any real stretch of the imagination within the framework of a petsite.

They could have very easily made them 1500g instead of 1000g, citing that as the "discount" for a breed that is only able to reproduce with others of their own kind, but they knocked the price of a normal modern-breed change scroll (2000g) down by a full half instead. This is rather generous, I think, as they did not lock any of the Veilspun's new, breed-specific genes behind a similar paywall and instead let them stay as Treasure, Baldwin, Swipp, and Coli earnings instead.

Edit: The userbase was also made aware very early on during the Veilspuns breed's development that they would be Gem-based, and FR staff made no promises about releasing free scrolls or eggs along with it at that time. This is not a situation where they released a new feature with no warning and retired it after only three days; users have had months to earn gems in preparation for this release.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
[quote name="Reaktor" date="2020-11-12 12:24:45" ] FRs biggest mistake, giving free stuff away. Now they demand free stuff every update. Sick. Also wat does it matter wat flight the breed is from? We all can get them. Sometimes it feels like People LOOK for a reason to stir drama. Those are some weird ideas to dwell on. Just be glad we got a new breed at all, if its not your cup of tea its not the last. [/quote] ^This Honestly yelling at the devs whenever people can't get something is starting to become standard quo. People are mad about: -not being able to get boolean -not being able to get imp scrolls I guess we can add 'not immediately given a gem breed' to the list.
Reaktor wrote on 2020-11-12 12:24:45:
FRs biggest mistake, giving free stuff away. Now they demand free stuff every update. Sick. Also wat does it matter wat flight the breed is from? We all can get them. Sometimes it feels like People LOOK for a reason to stir drama. Those are some weird ideas to dwell on.
Just be glad we got a new breed at all, if its not your cup of tea its not the last.
^This

Honestly yelling at the devs whenever people can't get something is starting to become standard quo. People are mad about:

-not being able to get boolean
-not being able to get imp scrolls

I guess we can add 'not immediately given a gem breed' to the list.
Im honesrly genuinely dissapointed, or a little angry at the behavior of a lot of players in here.

I was here when the welcome week was still a thing. I was ESTATIC to just get ONE egg anywhere. The only freebies I got at the time was from one of my friends introducing me to the game. And seeing these people complaining about not getting a GEM breed immediately or demanding eggs and scrolls, it angers me. I have friends who do art for a living and no mouths would be fed if whatever they made was just demanded and given for free. 1000 gems is enough to make for a challenge, not easy but not absolutely impossible. I made 10 000 gems without spending a single dime. How dare Staff make us work for the goodies we want!

I wasn't sure on the new breed because of all the hair and I was concerned it would overshadow primary genes but it really turned out in the end. And I will happily pay the amount of gems needed for the dragon I want.
Im honesrly genuinely dissapointed, or a little angry at the behavior of a lot of players in here.

I was here when the welcome week was still a thing. I was ESTATIC to just get ONE egg anywhere. The only freebies I got at the time was from one of my friends introducing me to the game. And seeing these people complaining about not getting a GEM breed immediately or demanding eggs and scrolls, it angers me. I have friends who do art for a living and no mouths would be fed if whatever they made was just demanded and given for free. 1000 gems is enough to make for a challenge, not easy but not absolutely impossible. I made 10 000 gems without spending a single dime. How dare Staff make us work for the goodies we want!

I wasn't sure on the new breed because of all the hair and I was concerned it would overshadow primary genes but it really turned out in the end. And I will happily pay the amount of gems needed for the dragon I want.
It's kind of amazing how we immediately devolve from both sides of the argument.
It's kind of amazing how we immediately devolve from both sides of the argument.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
Camien's Cavern for All Dragons.
And I don't know anything, except that green is so green.
And there's a special kind of sadness that seems to come with spring...

Profile. | Adoptables. | Coli Challenges.
Arcane House: Dreamstrider*******Star Lair Goal: 210/210
[quote name="@WarMutt" date="2020-11-12 11:17:13" ] people need to stop defending cash grabs [/quote] Okay. Without these so-called 'cash grabs' - how else are the developers going to pay for: >hosting the site/domain/whatever >paying their artists/mods and maintenance workers and other moderators >making new breeds/genes/apparel/games/traders/etc, trying to please a never-pleased community (because TIME IS MONEY, idfc what you say) >updating the website for basic ease of access, removing gamebreaking or minor bugs, and protecting their userbase from malicious advertisements Even if they don't pool all of it towards running and housekeeping the site, we could be easily giving them an income so that they can afford their next lunch. The admins and moderators, volunteers too, and even the minor forum mods all have lives to live, and mouths to feed; even if they're the only one who needs to be fed. Like you. You're alive and breathing, and I bet even you get hungry at some points. The world revolves around cash; and the same goes for this petsite. Even if we get rid of money, we're still going to be trading an item for another. There's a reason the Phoenicians thrived so well. For all we know, we could be the dev's main source of income and the only thing sustaining them. If you forget the fact that you can buy gems with real cash, it's still easy to get 1kg to buy a scroll. You can make that and more in three days if you play your cards right and keep an eye on the prices, adjusting when necessary to get the best deal for you. Playing the Fairgrounds is lucrative and you can trade in your winnings for gems on the forums. We have it really easy compared to most petsites and petsims on the internet. [s]*cough cough* Neopets, Animal Jam, Howrse, Chicken Smoothie, maybe even Mweor to name a few *cough cough* [/s] Putting in a little elbow grease to get your gems isn't going to hurt anyone. You sound very entitled. FR's biggest mistake was giving out freebies. Now everyone's expecting a gem breed to just hop onto their lap for free. As a former Goopling, I'm happy that we have such a new, beautiful breed, and I'm happy to pay 1kg for one if I find a dragon who looks good as a Veilspun. <3
@WarMutt wrote on 2020-11-12 11:17:13:
people need to stop defending cash grabs

Okay.

Without these so-called 'cash grabs' - how else are the developers going to pay for:

>hosting the site/domain/whatever
>paying their artists/mods and maintenance workers and other moderators
>making new breeds/genes/apparel/games/traders/etc, trying to please a never-pleased community (because TIME IS MONEY, idfc what you say)
>updating the website for basic ease of access, removing gamebreaking or minor bugs, and protecting their userbase from malicious advertisements

Even if they don't pool all of it towards running and housekeeping the site, we could be easily giving them an income so that they can afford their next lunch.
The admins and moderators, volunteers too, and even the minor forum mods all have lives to live, and mouths to feed; even if they're the only one who needs to be fed. Like you. You're alive and breathing, and I bet even you get hungry at some points.

The world revolves around cash; and the same goes for this petsite. Even if we get rid of money, we're still going to be trading an item for another. There's a reason the Phoenicians thrived so well. For all we know, we could be the dev's main source of income and the only thing sustaining them.

If you forget the fact that you can buy gems with real cash, it's still easy to get 1kg to buy a scroll. You can make that and more in three days if you play your cards right and keep an eye on the prices, adjusting when necessary to get the best deal for you. Playing the Fairgrounds is lucrative and you can trade in your winnings for gems on the forums.

We have it really easy compared to most petsites and petsims on the internet. *cough cough* Neopets, Animal Jam, Howrse, Chicken Smoothie, maybe even Mweor to name a few *cough cough*

Putting in a little elbow grease to get your gems isn't going to hurt anyone. You sound very entitled.

FR's biggest mistake was giving out freebies. Now everyone's expecting a gem breed to just hop onto their lap for free.

As a former Goopling, I'm happy that we have such a new, beautiful breed, and I'm happy to pay 1kg for one if I find a dragon who looks good as a Veilspun. <3
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
I personally actually love the new breed, both in looks and because it's a gem breed. I like to scry my projects as some of the more expensive/hard to get breeds because it provides a nice challenge to work towards, so this is just adding another beautiful breed to the mix.
I personally actually love the new breed, both in looks and because it's a gem breed. I like to scry my projects as some of the more expensive/hard to get breeds because it provides a nice challenge to work towards, so this is just adding another beautiful breed to the mix.
"It's really unfair to make a Flights only breeds be available only sometimes and be paid for with gems"

Okay cool, so when do we start rioting on behalf of Nature flight for getting ripped off with the Wildclaws? /s
In all seriousness, it might seem a little daunting or unfair at first but I'm sure the other two gem breeds did too and yet we're able to get them quite easy now, aren't we? I could go pick up a coatl for fodder price right now. That's a gem breed! Veilspun will join em soon enough.
"It's really unfair to make a Flights only breeds be available only sometimes and be paid for with gems"

Okay cool, so when do we start rioting on behalf of Nature flight for getting ripped off with the Wildclaws? /s
In all seriousness, it might seem a little daunting or unfair at first but I'm sure the other two gem breeds did too and yet we're able to get them quite easy now, aren't we? I could go pick up a coatl for fodder price right now. That's a gem breed! Veilspun will join em soon enough.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I'm shadow and I don't feel bad/cheated/etc cause in a month or two those long horses will be worth 5kt each, like very other dragon on the site. They're worth their price imo, they're the prettiest ancient so far.

Not to mention, 1kg isn't all that much.
I'm shadow and I don't feel bad/cheated/etc cause in a month or two those long horses will be worth 5kt each, like very other dragon on the site. They're worth their price imo, they're the prettiest ancient so far.

Not to mention, 1kg isn't all that much.
779bb9748f1a01bb53ebd79bec9f8670a24bdf61.png art-shop2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9