Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FTW when your health looks like this...
But you're a level below where you need to be. Arena why [img]https://i.imgur.com/wnzTJhd.png[/img]
But you're a level below where you need to be.

Arena why
wnzTJhd.png
in7SefG.png
My dragons are level 6 and I still struggle in Woodland Path, which is 4-6. My dragons are the right level, but they still almost get defeated! D:
My dragons are level 6 and I still struggle in Woodland Path, which is 4-6. My dragons are the right level, but they still almost get defeated! D:
YOauEPv.gif[/url I never knew Flight Rising had a forum for the longest time. Now that I do, so far it's awesome.
Being underleveled for a coli venue even by a single level makes it pretty tough tbh! The exp is worth it though..
Being underleveled for a coli venue even by a single level makes it pretty tough tbh! The exp is worth it though..
Badge-1.png
autumn
she/they
FR +3
@PsychosisDragon @Yappinbeast
That happened to me with my first coli team, too! It turns out that to be able to fight successfully in venues you're at the right level for, you pretty much have to put all of your stat points into strength (or int, if you're using elemental attacks). With some points in quickness and just a few in vitality. It's very frustrating and unintuitive.

I ended up starting over with different dragons, or there's an item you can get that lets you re-assign a dragon's stats. You can get by in lower-level venues with stats being set up different ways, but to get up to the high level venues, there's pretty much only one stat setup that works at all. >:[

Here's a guide which explains everything really well, it's old but it's pretty much all still accurate: Culex guide
That happened to me with my first coli team, too! It turns out that to be able to fight successfully in venues you're at the right level for, you pretty much have to put all of your stat points into strength (or int, if you're using elemental attacks). With some points in quickness and just a few in vitality. It's very frustrating and unintuitive.

I ended up starting over with different dragons, or there's an item you can get that lets you re-assign a dragon's stats. You can get by in lower-level venues with stats being set up different ways, but to get up to the high level venues, there's pretty much only one stat setup that works at all. >:[

Here's a guide which explains everything really well, it's old but it's pretty much all still accurate: Culex guide
[quote name="mothbird" date="2020-06-06 14:55:00" ] @PsychosisDragon @Yappinbeast That happened to me with my first coli team, too! It turns out that to be able to fight successfully in venues you're at the right level for, you pretty much have to put all of your stat points into strength (or int, if you're using elemental attacks). With some points in quickness and just a few in vitality. It's very frustrating and unintuitive. I ended up starting over with different dragons, or there's an item you can get that lets you re-assign a dragon's stats. You can get by in lower-level venues with stats being set up different ways, but to get up to the high level venues, there's pretty much only one stat setup that works at all. >:[ Here's a guide which explains everything really well, it's old but it's pretty much all still accurate: Culex guide [/quote] Are you kidding me? By the Arcanist I've sunk so much treasur einto getting battle stones and leveling up stats and struggling to get to 7 and it won't help later on? Why do the stats not mean what they really mean [emoji=coatl sad size=2]
mothbird wrote on 2020-06-06 14:55:00:

Are you kidding me? By the Arcanist I've sunk so much treasur einto getting battle stones and leveling up stats and struggling to get to 7 and it won't help later on?
Why do the stats not mean what they really mean
gJIGxXj.pngninbinarycatcher.png
[quote name="GrimPuppet" date="2020-06-06 18:16:10" ] Are you kidding me? By the Arcanist I've sunk so much treasur einto getting battle stones and leveling up stats and struggling to get to 7 and it won't help later on? Why do the stats not mean what they really mean [emoji=coatl sad size=2] [/quote] I'm not sure what you're saying. All the stats have tooltips which say exactly what they do. Strength says it boosts the power of all physical attacks, and it does. Defense says it reduces incoming physical damaging, and it does. So on and so forth. The one big thing missing is identification of which abilities are physical and which are magical; the elemental slashes are some that are sometimes mistaken for magical attacks. The real deal is, defensive builds do work, but they're much slower, and usually result in leaving after battles to start again with full health. Leaving a battle sets breath for abilities back to zero, which is another part of why defensive builds are so slow. There can be a lot more flexibility in builds when bringing a dragon with a healing ability (regeneration or aid), yet again it really slows everything down. The statement that there is really only one stat setup that works is true, when speaking about most efficient builds, especially triple physical attacker teams. To tack on, splitting a dragons stats between Intellect and Strength is almost never going to work in battle. Abilities use one or the other, and those abilities will always be underpowered against high level abilities if trying to keep both those stats up. TL;DR mages are slower, tanks are slower and can't really tank, strength and quickness win
GrimPuppet wrote on 2020-06-06 18:16:10:
Are you kidding me? By the Arcanist I've sunk so much treasur einto getting battle stones and leveling up stats and struggling to get to 7 and it won't help later on?
Why do the stats not mean what they really mean

I'm not sure what you're saying. All the stats have tooltips which say exactly what they do. Strength says it boosts the power of all physical attacks, and it does. Defense says it reduces incoming physical damaging, and it does. So on and so forth. The one big thing missing is identification of which abilities are physical and which are magical; the elemental slashes are some that are sometimes mistaken for magical attacks.

The real deal is, defensive builds do work, but they're much slower, and usually result in leaving after battles to start again with full health. Leaving a battle sets breath for abilities back to zero, which is another part of why defensive builds are so slow.

There can be a lot more flexibility in builds when bringing a dragon with a healing ability (regeneration or aid), yet again it really slows everything down. The statement that there is really only one stat setup that works is true, when speaking about most efficient builds, especially triple physical attacker teams.

To tack on, splitting a dragons stats between Intellect and Strength is almost never going to work in battle. Abilities use one or the other, and those abilities will always be underpowered against high level abilities if trying to keep both those stats up.

TL;DR mages are slower, tanks are slower and can't really tank, strength and quickness win
[quote name="Dagomor" date="2020-06-06 18:39:38" ] I'm not sure what you're saying. All the stats have tooltips which say exactly what they do. Strength says it boosts the power of all physical attacks, and it does. Defense says it reduces incoming physical damaging, and it does. So on and so forth. The one big thing missing is identification of which abilities are physical and which are magical; the elemental slashes are some that are sometimes mistaken for magical attacks. The real deal is, defensive builds do work, but they're much slower, and usually result in leaving after battles to start again with full health. Leaving a battle sets breath for abilities back to zero, which is another part of why defensive builds are so slow. There can be a lot more flexibility in builds when bringing a dragon with a healing ability (regeneration or aid), yet again it really slows everything down. The statement that there is really only one stat setup that works is true, when speaking about most efficient builds, especially triple physical attacker teams. To tack on, splitting a dragons stats between Intellect and Strength is almost never going to work in battle. Abilities use one or the other, and those abilities will always be underpowered against high level abilities if trying to keep both those stats up. TL;DR mages are slower, tanks are slower and can't really tank, strength and quickness win [/quote] @Dagomar I was going off the parent comments' point about putting everything into strength or intelligence from the beginning, which as a person that doesn't look up guides for anything annoyed me if that was a concrete rule. I want to be able to take these three all the way through but if that's not possible other than some super specific strategy I'd rather just not grind the Coli at all. That's just my own preference. Thank you for the info though, I always have issues with stats and the best way to use them so I appreciate tips/info.
Dagomor wrote on 2020-06-06 18:39:38:
I'm not sure what you're saying. All the stats have tooltips which say exactly what they do. Strength says it boosts the power of all physical attacks, and it does. Defense says it reduces incoming physical damaging, and it does. So on and so forth. The one big thing missing is identification of which abilities are physical and which are magical; the elemental slashes are some that are sometimes mistaken for magical attacks.

The real deal is, defensive builds do work, but they're much slower, and usually result in leaving after battles to start again with full health. Leaving a battle sets breath for abilities back to zero, which is another part of why defensive builds are so slow.

There can be a lot more flexibility in builds when bringing a dragon with a healing ability (regeneration or aid), yet again it really slows everything down. The statement that there is really only one stat setup that works is true, when speaking about most efficient builds, especially triple physical attacker teams.

To tack on, splitting a dragons stats between Intellect and Strength is almost never going to work in battle. Abilities use one or the other, and those abilities will always be underpowered against high level abilities if trying to keep both those stats up.

TL;DR mages are slower, tanks are slower and can't really tank, strength and quickness win

@Dagomar
I was going off the parent comments' point about putting everything into strength or intelligence from the beginning, which as a person that doesn't look up guides for anything annoyed me if that was a concrete rule. I want to be able to take these three all the way through but if that's not possible other than some super specific strategy I'd rather just not grind the Coli at all. That's just my own preference.

Thank you for the info though, I always have issues with stats and the best way to use them so I appreciate tips/info.
gJIGxXj.pngninbinarycatcher.png
Feel The When
Feel The When
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
tfw the guide says "by this point you should be speeding through!! eliminates amiright" but you still get owned by the slightest hint of an attack
tfw the guide says "by this point you should be speeding through!! eliminates amiright" but you still get owned by the slightest hint of an attack
lM0v4sB.png saltedsnails
he/they
majors in procrastination
all-around soup enthusiast
+8 FRT