Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Good movies about robots?
1 2
WALL-E
A childhood favorite!

Any of the Terminator movies except for Salvation and Genysis
Evil time travelling robots try to destroy humans.

Irobot
About the future where there are robots, and there are three laws that make them so robots can't commit crimes. But then the robots start to become independent... And so one detective has to find out how to stop them from attacking people
WALL-E
A childhood favorite!

Any of the Terminator movies except for Salvation and Genysis
Evil time travelling robots try to destroy humans.

Irobot
About the future where there are robots, and there are three laws that make them so robots can't commit crimes. But then the robots start to become independent... And so one detective has to find out how to stop them from attacking people
0HBKL8H.pngBt9KLea.png
FObX7rS.pngeTTRxv6.png
9gQbEv9.pngoaolHwW.png
wthFnM3.pngzE3edrX.png
The Iron Giant and Short Circuit are two films near and dear to my heart. Neither of them are futuristic (one's set in the Cold War and the other is the most 80's thing ever) but if you like some humanity in your robots, you can't go wrong with either of them.
The Iron Giant and Short Circuit are two films near and dear to my heart. Neither of them are futuristic (one's set in the Cold War and the other is the most 80's thing ever) but if you like some humanity in your robots, you can't go wrong with either of them.
Next Gen: a Netflix original movie that's super cute, an underrated movie for sure!

Tau and Chappie and Love, Death, + Robots are all adultier type movies/shows that involve robots. Haven't seen all of them but I want to!

Obligatory Star Wars mention lol, there are some wonderful robots in there (Solo and Rogue One have my favorites!)

I mean, Avengers: Age of Ultron is also fun from an aesthetic point of view since the robots are evil

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is also extremely funny, though it's a riff-track on real bad sci-fi movies

Lost in Space is another series that looks REALLY good and has bomb robot designs!

(I love robots so much, I've seen almost every movie mentioned here and love them!)
Next Gen: a Netflix original movie that's super cute, an underrated movie for sure!

Tau and Chappie and Love, Death, + Robots are all adultier type movies/shows that involve robots. Haven't seen all of them but I want to!

Obligatory Star Wars mention lol, there are some wonderful robots in there (Solo and Rogue One have my favorites!)

I mean, Avengers: Age of Ultron is also fun from an aesthetic point of view since the robots are evil

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is also extremely funny, though it's a riff-track on real bad sci-fi movies

Lost in Space is another series that looks REALLY good and has bomb robot designs!

(I love robots so much, I've seen almost every movie mentioned here and love them!)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I, Robot
A little old so the CGI might look strange but it has Will Smith in it. Really fun, highly recommend it!
I, Robot
A little old so the CGI might look strange but it has Will Smith in it. Really fun, highly recommend it!
tumblr_ocu0yt1HI61tx7oqgo1_500.png
[quote name="Hawktalon" date="2020-03-23 18:49:08" ] Bumblebee! It's just such a good feel-good movie with wholesome character relationships and giant robots. The Bayverse Transformers movies are entertaining, but after the first one they start losing substance in favor of epic fights. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you just want to enjoy an action movie but the fourth one is really drawn out to the point of becoming boring. Haven't seen the fifth one. :P [/quote] I agree! Bumblebee is a very good tf movie!! It’s very unlike what you may first think about the movie franchise. It has actual emotions lmao Other than that, I’d recommend Chappy, which I like a lot. I think most of my other recs have been already listed
Hawktalon wrote on 2020-03-23 18:49:08:
Bumblebee! It's just such a good feel-good movie with wholesome character relationships and giant robots. The Bayverse Transformers movies are entertaining, but after the first one they start losing substance in favor of epic fights. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you just want to enjoy an action movie but the fourth one is really drawn out to the point of becoming boring. Haven't seen the fifth one. :P

I agree! Bumblebee is a very good tf movie!! It’s very unlike what you may first think about the movie franchise. It has actual emotions lmao

Other than that, I’d recommend Chappy, which I like a lot. I think most of my other recs have been already listed
JVh11Ww.png
1 2