Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | remember animorph?
@Chronosplit @SheridanCharon @pdg Yup! Slated for first release in October, there's a few preview pages down below. I also saw some concept art for the Hork-Bajir on the artists' twitter page a while back, they were posted on reddit but unfortunately can't find those atm.
@Chronosplit @SheridanCharon @pdg Yup! Slated for first release in October, there's a few preview pages down below. I also saw some concept art for the Hork-Bajir on the artists' twitter page a while back, they were posted on reddit but unfortunately can't find those atm.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
[quote name="Endee" date="2020-03-12 05:03:11" ] @Chronosplit @SheridanCharon @pdg Yup! Slated for first release in October, there's a few preview pages down below. I also saw some concept art for the Hork-Bajir on the artists' twitter page a while back, they were posted on reddit but unfortunately can't find those atm. [/quote]Those look pretty good. Considering what happened to later book releases I'm happy that they kept it rooted in the correct time (or at least according to the fashion trends). Comics can do that and get away with it now, not so much for other mediums without going full ham. [quote name="pdg" date="2020-03-11 20:36:22" ] Anyone remember the AWFUL TV adaptation they tried to do? I wanted so badly to like it, but between the awful CGI and the poor screenwriting they just did not stand a chance... [/quote]I remember that thing. I even had a poster of it taken out of a book. I also remember a PC game based on that specific version, but I onlly got the demo... also not very good.
Endee wrote on 2020-03-12 05:03:11:
Those look pretty good. Considering what happened to later book releases I'm happy that they kept it rooted in the correct time (or at least according to the fashion trends). Comics can do that and get away with it now, not so much for other mediums without going full ham.
pdg wrote on 2020-03-11 20:36:22:
Anyone remember the AWFUL TV adaptation they tried to do? I wanted so badly to like it, but between the awful CGI and the poor screenwriting they just did not stand a chance...
I remember that thing. I even had a poster of it taken out of a book. I also remember a PC game based on that specific version, but I onlly got the demo... also not very good.
My writing project.
[quote name="Endee" date="2020-03-12 05:03:11" ] @/Chronosplit @/SheridanCharon @/pdg Yup! Slated for first release in October, there's a few preview pages down below. I also saw some concept art for the Hork-Bajir on the artists' twitter page a while back, they were posted on reddit but unfortunately can't find those atm. [/quote] Oh heck yeah! I'm loving the look of them, can't wait to see more. I'm kinda glad that there's still love for the series, even if it could get weird it was good. I had the Gameboy Colour game (still do, I think, might see if I can find it), so wonder if the Hork-Bajir will look similar to how they looked in that (Can't remember much of the TV series, so I can't remember how they looked in that).
Endee wrote on 2020-03-12 05:03:11:
@/Chronosplit @/SheridanCharon @/pdg Yup! Slated for first release in October, there's a few preview pages down below. I also saw some concept art for the Hork-Bajir on the artists' twitter page a while back, they were posted on reddit but unfortunately can't find those atm.

Oh heck yeah! I'm loving the look of them, can't wait to see more. I'm kinda glad that there's still love for the series, even if it could get weird it was good.

I had the Gameboy Colour game (still do, I think, might see if I can find it), so wonder if the Hork-Bajir will look similar to how they looked in that (Can't remember much of the TV series, so I can't remember how they looked in that).
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
@Chronosplit @SheridanCharon I did some digging in the Animorpgs subreddit and found some more, there's actually more than I remember seeing.

Storyboards.

B&W previews featuring good boy Homer, Tobias in hawk morph and two of Visser Three's morphs.

And some more colored page previews, featuring Andalites and Hork-Bajir. No Taxxons yet as far as I know.

I also remember seeing a tweet from the artist confirming that they're not super toning down the violent gory bits because they stated they had fun drawing exploding Taxxons.
@Chronosplit @SheridanCharon I did some digging in the Animorpgs subreddit and found some more, there's actually more than I remember seeing.

Storyboards.

B&W previews featuring good boy Homer, Tobias in hawk morph and two of Visser Three's morphs.

And some more colored page previews, featuring Andalites and Hork-Bajir. No Taxxons yet as far as I know.

I also remember seeing a tweet from the artist confirming that they're not super toning down the violent gory bits because they stated they had fun drawing exploding Taxxons.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
I really loved this series when I was younger. I think some of the more messed up parts of it went over my head when I first read them but when I look back at them now, it was super dark for a children's series. It had a very realistic portrayal of what kind of effect war would have on young kids like that.
I really loved this series when I was younger. I think some of the more messed up parts of it went over my head when I first read them but when I look back at them now, it was super dark for a children's series. It had a very realistic portrayal of what kind of effect war would have on young kids like that.
Oh my goodness, I was super into Animorphs back in the day. I liked drawing the aliens.
I still have a box full of in-book and bookstore freebies, promotional material, etc.
Oh my goodness, I was super into Animorphs back in the day. I liked drawing the aliens.
I still have a box full of in-book and bookstore freebies, promotional material, etc.
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
Oh, yeah I liked that series.
Oh, yeah I liked that series.
AUOAU8y.png
Windyyy

A0gxC35.png
[quote name="Endee" date="2020-03-12 10:05:26" ] @Chronosplit @SheridanCharon I did some digging in the Animorpgs subreddit and found some more, there's actually more than I remember seeing. Storyboards. B&W previews featuring good boy Homer, Tobias in hawk morph and two of Visser Three's morphs. And some more colored page previews, featuring Andalites and Hork-Bajir. No Taxxons yet as far as I know. I also remember seeing a tweet from the artist confirming that they're not super toning down the violent gory bits because they stated they had fun drawing exploding Taxxons. [/quote] *screaming* I am officially very excited!! Thank you for sharing!
Endee wrote on 2020-03-12 10:05:26:

Storyboards.

*screaming* I am officially very excited!! Thank you for sharing!
never read em but i saw one of the books in fourth grade and died
never read em but i saw one of the books in fourth grade and died
painUntitled550-20240108171422.png
Artem @goromi
any pronouns
FR +0

I remember seeing them at my library when I was younger, surprisingly I didn’t read them. I like reading books where the rules of reality can be bent a little so i’m shocked I didn’t pick the book up. I remember the specific book that I saw too, it was the one with the girl that morphed into a cheetah. The image will be forever seared into my mind.
I remember seeing them at my library when I was younger, surprisingly I didn’t read them. I like reading books where the rules of reality can be bent a little so i’m shocked I didn’t pick the book up. I remember the specific book that I saw too, it was the one with the girl that morphed into a cheetah. The image will be forever seared into my mind.
tenor.gif