Back

Dragon Trading

Arrange Crossroads exchanges with other players.
TOPIC | Memento Mori Lineage Hub
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 81 82
@CalliopeVale

Both if you wouldn't mind?

Thank you so much for helping! (:
@CalliopeVale

Both if you wouldn't mind?

Thank you so much for helping! (:
@KairiChan

Okay, so. Let's start with the rules.

Rule One: the dragons in this project must be related to the dragons who started this project - the Founders.

Rule Two: every dragon has a generation number. This number is how far removed they are from the Founders. The Founders are 0 generations removed from themselves; their children are 1 generation removed; their grandchildren are 2 generations removed; et cetera.

Rule Three: don't have two Memento Mori dragons breed with each other. Not even if the system allows it.

Rule Four: To register your dragon, it has to have specific genes and colors, though all flights and breeds are welcome. The tertiary can be absolutely anything, but the Primary and Secondary have to be any color between Orca and Shadow; you can check the color ranges in the Scrying Workshop. For genes, the Primary must be Pinstripe, Tapir, or Cherub, and the Secondary must be [Trail, Striation, or Seraph[/i].

Rule Five: To register your dragon, you have to drag them through the Coliseum until they hit level 10. If you're a new player, this probably feels extremely high, but don't worry - it's not as bad as it seems. If you need a hand with this, I'd be happy to help with training and offer some pointers.
Rule Five and a Half: If you have a dragon whose parent isn't registered, they have to be level 15 to be registered.

Rule Six: Only use this thread for Memento Mori dragons, and don't spam the pinglist.

Rule Seven: If you grab a dragon from this thread, it's yours to do with as you please.
Rule Seven and a Half: If your Memento Mori dragon no longer works for your lair, Jasper will buy them back at a price depending on the breed.

So! With that done, lore time.

The short version of the project's lore is that there's two families of dragons who have a family curse. When they die, their familiar will offer them one chance at coming back to life; how this affects them is up to you, but generally falls into one of the archetypes (which you can find in the directory on the front page).

This tiny summary is probably missing a lot, so if someone else wants to add a better lore summary, feel free.
@KairiChan

Okay, so. Let's start with the rules.

Rule One: the dragons in this project must be related to the dragons who started this project - the Founders.

Rule Two: every dragon has a generation number. This number is how far removed they are from the Founders. The Founders are 0 generations removed from themselves; their children are 1 generation removed; their grandchildren are 2 generations removed; et cetera.

Rule Three: don't have two Memento Mori dragons breed with each other. Not even if the system allows it.

Rule Four: To register your dragon, it has to have specific genes and colors, though all flights and breeds are welcome. The tertiary can be absolutely anything, but the Primary and Secondary have to be any color between Orca and Shadow; you can check the color ranges in the Scrying Workshop. For genes, the Primary must be Pinstripe, Tapir, or Cherub, and the Secondary must be [Trail, Striation, or Seraph[/i].

Rule Five: To register your dragon, you have to drag them through the Coliseum until they hit level 10. If you're a new player, this probably feels extremely high, but don't worry - it's not as bad as it seems. If you need a hand with this, I'd be happy to help with training and offer some pointers.
Rule Five and a Half: If you have a dragon whose parent isn't registered, they have to be level 15 to be registered.

Rule Six: Only use this thread for Memento Mori dragons, and don't spam the pinglist.

Rule Seven: If you grab a dragon from this thread, it's yours to do with as you please.
Rule Seven and a Half: If your Memento Mori dragon no longer works for your lair, Jasper will buy them back at a price depending on the breed.

So! With that done, lore time.

The short version of the project's lore is that there's two families of dragons who have a family curse. When they die, their familiar will offer them one chance at coming back to life; how this affects them is up to you, but generally falls into one of the archetypes (which you can find in the directory on the front page).

This tiny summary is probably missing a lot, so if someone else wants to add a better lore summary, feel free.
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
@Jaspernoir [b]PLEASE REGISTER MY DRAGON![/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59650646] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/596507/59650646_350.png[/img] [/url] Bloodline: Fortuna caeca est Generation: 4 Archetype: Pilgrim
@Jaspernoir PLEASE REGISTER MY DRAGON!

59650646_350.png

Bloodline: Fortuna caeca est
Generation: 4
Archetype: Pilgrim
dNCLmdm.pngThDXjzd.png
@CalliopeVale

Thank you so much! I have a few more questions

How do I know what generation it is?

Do I need to buy a dragon from here/someone that already has registered dragon(s), or can I use my own?

Also, is this like a roleplay thing, or just for fun, or what exactly?

Again, thank you so much for helping!!
@CalliopeVale

Thank you so much! I have a few more questions

How do I know what generation it is?

Do I need to buy a dragon from here/someone that already has registered dragon(s), or can I use my own?

Also, is this like a roleplay thing, or just for fun, or what exactly?

Again, thank you so much for helping!!
@CalliopeVale the fodder floor is so high because fire and nature are having a conquest battle, lol. No dragons are safe on the ah right now! @KairiChan to expand further on the lore: Dragons descended from my two pairs of Founders have all been touched by the afterlife. Those who are leveled up to 10 meet their end in whatever creative manner you wish for lore purposes, die for all intents and purposes, and then receive a gift of a second chance at life from their familiar. The familiar grafts itself to the dragon's mind and soul, effectively making them a part of the dragon, exerting their own wants and desires on the dragon, while granting them the ability to see ghosts, use magic powers, or travel into the Underworld (the place where ghosts wait to be judged in the afterlife). Each descendant tends to behave in established ways and/or take on established personas, called Archetypes. These are mostly for storytelling/lore purposes, as ways to focus your writing or help you figure out what your dragon does everyday since they died and came back to life :) [quote]Archetypes tap into a layer of myth and folklore surrounding death and those who walk close to it. A character can tap into that archetypal role to draw power from the Underworld. She reaffirms her status as a bridge between the living and the dead.[/quote] I know it can all seem like a lot, or overwhelming, but it really boils down to two families of dragons who walk the line between the dead and the living, with spooky stuff sprinkled around for personal challenges and lore-writing ideas. Hope this helps! Adding in to answer your new questions: the generation is determined by how many generations descended from my founding pair the dragon is. To be Memento Mori the dragon is advertised in this thread and can trace their lineage back to one of my founding dragons. You can't just add in a random dragon to join the lineage. It isn't really roleplay per se, though sometimes i run events where you can write as your dragon's voice and participate in a guided storyline - mostly it's a lore enhancer for your own personal writing though. A muse for your own creativity :)
@CalliopeVale the fodder floor is so high because fire and nature are having a conquest battle, lol. No dragons are safe on the ah right now!

@KairiChan to expand further on the lore:

Dragons descended from my two pairs of Founders have all been touched by the afterlife. Those who are leveled up to 10 meet their end in whatever creative manner you wish for lore purposes, die for all intents and purposes, and then receive a gift of a second chance at life from their familiar. The familiar grafts itself to the dragon's mind and soul, effectively making them a part of the dragon, exerting their own wants and desires on the dragon, while granting them the ability to see ghosts, use magic powers, or travel into the Underworld (the place where ghosts wait to be judged in the afterlife).

Each descendant tends to behave in established ways and/or take on established personas, called Archetypes. These are mostly for storytelling/lore purposes, as ways to focus your writing or help you figure out what your dragon does everyday since they died and came back to life :)
Quote:
Archetypes tap into a layer of myth and folklore surrounding death and those who walk close to it. A character can tap into that archetypal role to draw power from the Underworld. She reaffirms her status as a bridge between the living and the dead.

I know it can all seem like a lot, or overwhelming, but it really boils down to two families of dragons who walk the line between the dead and the living, with spooky stuff sprinkled around for personal challenges and lore-writing ideas.

Hope this helps!

Adding in to answer your new questions: the generation is determined by how many generations descended from my founding pair the dragon is.

To be Memento Mori the dragon is advertised in this thread and can trace their lineage back to one of my founding dragons. You can't just add in a random dragon to join the lineage.

It isn't really roleplay per se, though sometimes i run events where you can write as your dragon's voice and participate in a guided storyline - mostly it's a lore enhancer for your own personal writing though. A muse for your own creativity :)
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
@Jaspernoir

Okay, that helps a lot, thank you!

I've had FR for a few months, and have just been breeding and selling, so I'm trying to really get into it more. When I found this, I loved the death aspect (I'm okay I promise) and really wanted to learn more, so thank you again. (:

Edit:

How would I go about getting a dragon that I can register? I'm not exactly sure how to word this question.
@Jaspernoir

Okay, that helps a lot, thank you!

I've had FR for a few months, and have just been breeding and selling, so I'm trying to really get into it more. When I found this, I loved the death aspect (I'm okay I promise) and really wanted to learn more, so thank you again. (:

Edit:

How would I go about getting a dragon that I can register? I'm not exactly sure how to word this question.
@KairiChan you're in luck! i have one lady who hasn't sold, she's a generation 1 - which means her parents are one of the pairs of founders. You just need to level her up to 10 in the coliseum, and she's ready to be registered. If you choose to continue the lineage, just breed her with a male in the required colour ranges & genes, and their hatchlings will qualify to be sold here :) I can sell her to you for a lowered price of 15kt/g to get you started? And would you like me to add you to the announcements pinglist - so you'll get notified when i do an event or such? [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59124223] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/591243/59124223.png[/img] [/url]
@KairiChan you're in luck! i have one lady who hasn't sold, she's a generation 1 - which means her parents are one of the pairs of founders. You just need to level her up to 10 in the coliseum, and she's ready to be registered. If you choose to continue the lineage, just breed her with a male in the required colour ranges & genes, and their hatchlings will qualify to be sold here :)

I can sell her to you for a lowered price of 15kt/g to get you started?
And would you like me to add you to the announcements pinglist - so you'll get notified when i do an event or such?

59124223.png

The Melting Pot
@CalliopeVale your MM is registered, thank you!
@CalliopeVale your MM is registered, thank you!

The Melting Pot
@Jespernoir

Oh my gosh thank you! I would love to buy her, and also added to the pinglist.
@Jespernoir

Oh my gosh thank you! I would love to buy her, and also added to the pinglist.
@KairiChan you're very welcome :) ignore the second ping from me, and enjoy! i look forward to seeing what you come up with for her!
@KairiChan you're very welcome :) ignore the second ping from me, and enjoy! i look forward to seeing what you come up with for her!

The Melting Pot
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 81 82