Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No-Effects Mode for Games/Coliseum
1 2 3 4
[b][center][size=5]EDIT: [/size][/center][/b] [quote name="Thrage" date="2013-07-10 03:24:48" url="main.php?p=mb&board=bug&page=1&id=411306#411306"]Hi everyone, [b]Photosensitive players:[/b] Good news! I've done a little work on an effectless version of the game. Just add "&epi=1" to the end of the URL, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=faire&game=shockswitch&epi=1]like so[/url]. [b]I cannot promise that this mode will not trigger a seizure, but you are welcome to try it if you understand the risks and would like to let me know if it needs additional changes.[/b] There will of course be a more user-friendly way to do this later.[/quote] [b]I have personally tried this mode and it does not bother me at all! There are no flashing effects.[/b] However, your mileage may vary so [i]proceed with caution[/i]! :) IN ADDITION,[b] the warning HAS BEEN MOVED[/b]. Now, users must see and acknowledge it before proceeding to all games. Yay! * * * * * Over on the announcements thread for the new game, etc. we were discussing the new Shock Switch game and how it can set off epileptic seizures and other photosensitive neurological disorders. Some of the animations for other games (such as the Coliseum) can also do so. I am very grateful for the warning that has been put up on that page! One suggestion that was suggested by a user there, who doesn't wish to be pinged at this point, is a [b]no-effects mode for the games[/b], so that people who have photosensitive disorders can still play these games! That would be really awesome. I know it would help me play Coliseum to be able to turn off the animations/shuddering/flashing effects that some of the attacks have, as when I'm having a bad day I can't even handle that. I know I can't play Shock Switch at all as it stands. But definitely thank you for the warning and for taking those of us with photosensitive neurological issues into consideration! Edited to add: I think it would be helpful to[b] move the warning to the top, above the games, rather than below the games[/b]. As it stands, people may not see it without scrolling, and may click on a game without having noticed it.
EDIT:

Hi everyone,

Photosensitive players: Good news! I've done a little work on an effectless version of the game. Just add "&epi=1" to the end of the URL, like so. I cannot promise that this mode will not trigger a seizure, but you are welcome to try it if you understand the risks and would like to let me know if it needs additional changes. There will of course be a more user-friendly way to do this later.

I have personally tried this mode and it does not bother me at all! There are no flashing effects. However, your mileage may vary so proceed with caution! :)

IN ADDITION, the warning HAS BEEN MOVED. Now, users must see and acknowledge it before proceeding to all games. Yay!

Over on the announcements thread for the new game, etc. we were discussing the new Shock Switch game and how it can set off epileptic seizures and other photosensitive neurological disorders. Some of the animations for other games (such as the Coliseum) can also do so.

I am very grateful for the warning that has been put up on that page!

One suggestion that was suggested by a user there, who doesn't wish to be pinged at this point, is a no-effects mode for the games, so that people who have photosensitive disorders can still play these games! That would be really awesome.

I know it would help me play Coliseum to be able to turn off the animations/shuddering/flashing effects that some of the attacks have, as when I'm having a bad day I can't even handle that. I know I can't play Shock Switch at all as it stands.

But definitely thank you for the warning and for taking those of us with photosensitive neurological issues into consideration!

Edited to add: I think it would be helpful to move the warning to the top, above the games, rather than below the games. As it stands, people may not see it without scrolling, and may click on a game without having noticed it.
exorcism.png
It would also be helpful for those with less powerful computers or people who want to play FR on their phones. The effects in the coliseum, for example, crash my phone.

-Coliseum; Change the color of damage text to indicate elemental strength in this version, instead of the screen shaking.
-Runestones; Not sure. Do those twirly coins cause problems for people?
-Jigsaw; I know the repulsion can be a problem for people, but I'm not sure that counts as an effect.

I'd really be motivated by a version that didn't eat up my processor power because my processors suck.

Edit: And with the hard cap on faireground games, it wouldn't even give anyone an unfair advantage if they just wanted to play fast for loot.
It would also be helpful for those with less powerful computers or people who want to play FR on their phones. The effects in the coliseum, for example, crash my phone.

-Coliseum; Change the color of damage text to indicate elemental strength in this version, instead of the screen shaking.
-Runestones; Not sure. Do those twirly coins cause problems for people?
-Jigsaw; I know the repulsion can be a problem for people, but I'm not sure that counts as an effect.

I'd really be motivated by a version that didn't eat up my processor power because my processors suck.

Edit: And with the hard cap on faireground games, it wouldn't even give anyone an unfair advantage if they just wanted to play fast for loot.
I think the main concern was that there is a possibility that some people (like Tser) can't enjoy some of the games because of flashy animation bits, and to be able to turn those off would be greatly appreciated. ;)

I think its a good idea, Tser.
I think the main concern was that there is a possibility that some people (like Tser) can't enjoy some of the games because of flashy animation bits, and to be able to turn those off would be greatly appreciated. ;)

I think its a good idea, Tser.
yeah i'm not epileptic, maybe a little photosensitive, and the flashing in shock switch is awful. it's giving me a headache. i really love this type of game, a lot, and i would play it more than any other game currently on the site if only it didn't have the flashing and lightning effects. people who are more sensitive than me or experience seizures can't play it at all, which is going to give them an unfair disadvantage!
yeah i'm not epileptic, maybe a little photosensitive, and the flashing in shock switch is awful. it's giving me a headache. i really love this type of game, a lot, and i would play it more than any other game currently on the site if only it didn't have the flashing and lightning effects. people who are more sensitive than me or experience seizures can't play it at all, which is going to give them an unfair disadvantage!
Support - so long as the original versions are still made available for the rest of us too. :) I'd like to see a menu option when you start the game "flash" or "no flash".
Support - so long as the original versions are still made available for the rest of us too. :) I'd like to see a menu option when you start the game "flash" or "no flash".
I breed double / triple green range dragons! Let me know what colors you're looking for, and I will let you know if I've any for sale or can breed them! I'm not on here a whole lot, so if you need to get ahold of me faster, I can be found on Pocket Puma Pets as Kami Mi Ke Neko #72 ^^
In full support of a no effects mode.
In full support of a no effects mode.
I wouldn't mind the option. I don't get seizures but I do get migraines that are oh so delightfully photosensitive when they decide to hit.
I wouldn't mind the option. I don't get seizures but I do get migraines that are oh so delightfully photosensitive when they decide to hit.
coffee. need coffee.
Woah, I didn't even think of that, but its a shame that people with these conditions can't play these games like the rest of us... Please implement this suggestion ASAP! (It would also help those with slower connections, so it would be beneficial for a lot of people)
Woah, I didn't even think of that, but its a shame that people with these conditions can't play these games like the rest of us... Please implement this suggestion ASAP! (It would also help those with slower connections, so it would be beneficial for a lot of people)
G3Nj7lD.pngLhkETtZ.png

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/1837475/
Support!

While a little disclaimer at the bottom may fly for some, by no means should anyone be excluded from playing the games and battling.

For me, it's a matter of 3.17Mb/s internet that's choppy at best with the current weather situation, and a MacBook Pro better suited to Photoshop and media programs than games. I manage, but this poor computer gets hot.

For others, it's just upsetting that nothing has been done to make the games more inclusive to those with health problems preventing them from playing.
Support!

While a little disclaimer at the bottom may fly for some, by no means should anyone be excluded from playing the games and battling.

For me, it's a matter of 3.17Mb/s internet that's choppy at best with the current weather situation, and a MacBook Pro better suited to Photoshop and media programs than games. I manage, but this poor computer gets hot.

For others, it's just upsetting that nothing has been done to make the games more inclusive to those with health problems preventing them from playing.
LD9gQsp.png
Ping me if you need me.
I'm not epileptic myself, but I'm in support of a "No Effects" option for users who are both prone to epileptic seizures and such and those who simply want to switch off the effects if they're bothering their eyes.
I'm not epileptic myself, but I'm in support of a "No Effects" option for users who are both prone to epileptic seizures and such and those who simply want to switch off the effects if they're bothering their eyes.
MUYNhfy.png
mTAp2ld.png
u6ZPWxO.png
zzLpW3R.png
gUe2de3.png
FR Artist
Tumblr
f3JUYSL.png
1 2 3 4