Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread
I got another pop-up ad about property listing today! It actually redirected me the first time it showed up. I have only been getting these on my computer, and not on my phone.
I got another pop-up ad about property listing today! It actually redirected me the first time it showed up. I have only been getting these on my computer, and not on my phone.
I've been getting this issue, too, but for McAfee while using Google Chrome (Twice actually). I haven't had a pop-up issue on FR in a [i]long [/i]time, so it honestly fooled me for a second. It only goes away once I refresh the page, and even then it's slowing down my browser until I clear out some cookies/caches or close the window entirely. :/ [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/15aa7a8528f0a9be2f9dfcbf1f6bc1bb/06e70b14de969e96-0e/s640x960/30d0d2a0fee49085cd43564e9dce8150f072c38b.png[/img]
I've been getting this issue, too, but for McAfee while using Google Chrome (Twice actually). I haven't had a pop-up issue on FR in a long time, so it honestly fooled me for a second. It only goes away once I refresh the page, and even then it's slowing down my browser until I clear out some cookies/caches or close the window entirely. :/

30d0d2a0fee49085cd43564e9dce8150f072c38b.png
Up8iGmc.pngtumblr_pi3n5gUl181x3r4ado1_400.png3LWFxjo.png
The pop=up and redirect ads are far worse today - I kept having to go far back in my history to get back to FR every few gathering turns. My activity on this site is liable to drop like a rock until this is fixed.
The pop=up and redirect ads are far worse today - I kept having to go far back in my history to get back to FR every few gathering turns. My activity on this site is liable to drop like a rock until this is fixed.
tumblrsig.png accentsig.png CommSig.png
I'm getting a lot to renew my Norton, I just got one from WGX saying someone was looking for a ****** encounter (I censored it bc I'm not sure I'm allowed to even... uh... say it? Let alone have it ADVERTISED to me) I have got a screenshot, but due to the nature of the ad I don't think I can post it here and abide by the TOS, if a mod/admin would like me to I'm happy to DM it to them instead (But let me know)
I'm getting a lot to renew my Norton, I just got one from WGX saying someone was looking for a ****** encounter (I censored it bc I'm not sure I'm allowed to even... uh... say it? Let alone have it ADVERTISED to me) I have got a screenshot, but due to the nature of the ad I don't think I can post it here and abide by the TOS, if a mod/admin would like me to I'm happy to DM it to them instead (But let me know)
I started to have the ******* add pop up until I updated AdBlocker for Safari's list. Then it stopped.
I started to have the ******* add pop up until I updated AdBlocker for Safari's list. Then it stopped.
Had a little pop up asking if I wanted to talk to cute girls in my area, it covers the top right corner of screen. Can't see how much treasure or gems I have. Also had a notification about 25 other pop ups blocked.
Had a little pop up asking if I wanted to talk to cute girls in my area, it covers the top right corner of screen. Can't see how much treasure or gems I have. Also had a notification about 25 other pop ups blocked.
733EAYl.png
^credit goes to Lichtdrache's^
I haven't had the pop-up ads from WGX other people are mentioning myself, but Kaspersky gives me a notification with approximately every second or third page on FR that I open or refresh that Google Chrome is attempting to download malware, and the link it gives is specifically for ads tagged WGX. It's only been happening for a couple weeks, but it now happens constantly. It happened when I opened this page to type this post: [img]https://i.imgur.com/sq2XqSf.png[/img] [url=https://i.imgur.com/0yPpTTi.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/0yPpTTi.png[/img][/url] (click for large)
I haven't had the pop-up ads from WGX other people are mentioning myself, but Kaspersky gives me a notification with approximately every second or third page on FR that I open or refresh that Google Chrome is attempting to download malware, and the link it gives is specifically for ads tagged WGX. It's only been happening for a couple weeks, but it now happens constantly.

It happened when I opened this page to type this post:

sq2XqSf.png

0yPpTTi.png (click for large)
Just turned my adblocker back on for this site since I'm now getting redirects as well as popups, and they appear to be scam/malware based.
Just turned my adblocker back on for this site since I'm now getting redirects as well as popups, and they appear to be scam/malware based.
Don't have a screenshot for it, but a new tab randomly popped up leading to page to download photoshop.

I also got the McAfee thing :/
Don't have a screenshot for it, but a new tab randomly popped up leading to page to download photoshop.

I also got the McAfee thing :/
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
i keep getting the mcafee thing when i'm using the hoard and such, i keep getting random popups as well. my activity on here might decrease until it's fixed because the popups are kinda getting inconvenient.
i keep getting the mcafee thing when i'm using the hoard and such, i keep getting random popups as well. my activity on here might decrease until it's fixed because the popups are kinda getting inconvenient.