Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Developer Update - Coliseum PVP
PVP looks very fun! I do have a question, however, and it may have been asked before but -- after release of this feature, are there any plans to raise a dragon's level cap and/or add new ability stones?
PVP looks very fun! I do have a question, however, and it may have been asked before but -- after release of this feature, are there any plans to raise a dragon's level cap and/or add new ability stones?
Scribble_Banner.png
Some suggestions for custom rules:

-No healing allowed.
-All dragons start with full breath.
-All dragons start with 200% HP.
-Magical abilities are 25% stronger.
-Non-magical abilities are 25% stronger.
-No elemental advantages.

~~~~~

For the percent-based ones such as health, you could implement a slider or text field to allow players to more fully customize their experience, rather than have it be a static number.
Some suggestions for custom rules:

-No healing allowed.
-All dragons start with full breath.
-All dragons start with 200% HP.
-Magical abilities are 25% stronger.
-Non-magical abilities are 25% stronger.
-No elemental advantages.

~~~~~

For the percent-based ones such as health, you could implement a slider or text field to allow players to more fully customize their experience, rather than have it be a static number.

Praise the sun! \o/
Can it be like you bet something from your hoard and winner gets the items?
Can it be like you bet something from your hoard and winner gets the items?
Isi32aq.png
Amazing! I'm looking forward to this.

One quibble. It seems to me that just about every other activity in FR has the potential to give you a gameplay advantage, so why wouldn't PVP? Why not let battling players get a small treasure or gem reward or a chance of a chest? In most arenas, athletes get real prizes that they can use to feed their families.

The reason I grind Coli isn't for fun—because it's not designed to be all that fun, ya know? PVP's gonna be fun, but I don't think it's possible to make the current Coli system so fun that it's worth doing for no pay. If I don't get anything gameplay-wise from PVP, I may as well keep doing Monster Battle.

I would discourage thinking about this in terms of "Incentives." Just think about giving players what they've earned. FR has had several years to develop its grinding culture. The expectations aren't unclear.
Amazing! I'm looking forward to this.

One quibble. It seems to me that just about every other activity in FR has the potential to give you a gameplay advantage, so why wouldn't PVP? Why not let battling players get a small treasure or gem reward or a chance of a chest? In most arenas, athletes get real prizes that they can use to feed their families.

The reason I grind Coli isn't for fun—because it's not designed to be all that fun, ya know? PVP's gonna be fun, but I don't think it's possible to make the current Coli system so fun that it's worth doing for no pay. If I don't get anything gameplay-wise from PVP, I may as well keep doing Monster Battle.

I would discourage thinking about this in terms of "Incentives." Just think about giving players what they've earned. FR has had several years to develop its grinding culture. The expectations aren't unclear.
He's a narrow man with a narrow plan.
The first Ground, Fissure, and Boulder/Myrid dragons in the game.
You won't believe how good my Mated Pairs tab is.
I love the idea of familiars being able to go out and compete on behalf of their dragons! Most of my dergs are Fae-- their familiars are usually bigger than they are!
I love the idea of familiars being able to go out and compete on behalf of their dragons! Most of my dergs are Fae-- their familiars are usually bigger than they are!
b6M3VPH.png
owo what's this? new battle-themed apparel??

this all sounds super rad omg
owo what's this? new battle-themed apparel??

this all sounds super rad omg
677fd66ff5b1d302249c98d4a1eb713daa76e28e.gif

8b02ad3c65b6b4b87011423eae92aa9999ab549f.gif
I'm on board for clan-bound pvp rewards. I know people were concerned about it being exclusive to just top ranking people, but if there's a way to just grind up battle currency without needing to be the best, I think they won't have to be worried.

Another concern is the incentive being weak if the items are ugly and clanbound. Well if the reward shop has a good variety of items to choose from, and if you're rewarded in a point currency that would be exclusive to that reward shop, then I think that's enough of an incentive.
I'm on board for clan-bound pvp rewards. I know people were concerned about it being exclusive to just top ranking people, but if there's a way to just grind up battle currency without needing to be the best, I think they won't have to be worried.

Another concern is the incentive being weak if the items are ugly and clanbound. Well if the reward shop has a good variety of items to choose from, and if you're rewarded in a point currency that would be exclusive to that reward shop, then I think that's enough of an incentive.
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
Sounds like fun!

I expect that before public PvP is added we'll see a couple of 'fight clubs' pop up where folks use friend battles to run what are essentially private ranking boards lol.

A little concerned about the clanbound stuff; maybe the currency for buying them could be earned through battling but also granted at the end of certain time periods based on ranking? (i. e. 1 for every lost battle, 3 for every won battle, and then a 25 bonus for being above rank 100 at the end of the week?)
Sounds like fun!

I expect that before public PvP is added we'll see a couple of 'fight clubs' pop up where folks use friend battles to run what are essentially private ranking boards lol.

A little concerned about the clanbound stuff; maybe the currency for buying them could be earned through battling but also granted at the end of certain time periods based on ranking? (i. e. 1 for every lost battle, 3 for every won battle, and then a 25 bonus for being above rank 100 at the end of the week?)
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
reading through this actually got me excited for PVP! rewards in the form of vistas and apparel sound great too, but as some people have already mentioned, I hope it will be possible to get them even if you lose most of the time (':
reading through this actually got me excited for PVP! rewards in the form of vistas and apparel sound great too, but as some people have already mentioned, I hope it will be possible to get them even if you lose most of the time (':
39068.png xx.
xx»they/them
xxx»FR+9
xxx»badges .»coli quests
Very exciting!
Very exciting!
921529.png FR+2