Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 122 123
I'm super excited! I hope you guys add more eyes to the gene pool too! I need these Goat eyes, they're goofy and lovable!

With the addition of new eyes though, would you guys reconsider bringing back the Vial of Scatter-sights? Even as a rare drop from the Coli or a Gem shop item? Or perhaps it just shops up during elemental events?

I love additions to the eye gene-pool but it also means my older dragons don't even have a chance to use them.
I'm super excited! I hope you guys add more eyes to the gene pool too! I need these Goat eyes, they're goofy and lovable!

With the addition of new eyes though, would you guys reconsider bringing back the Vial of Scatter-sights? Even as a rare drop from the Coli or a Gem shop item? Or perhaps it just shops up during elemental events?

I love additions to the eye gene-pool but it also means my older dragons don't even have a chance to use them.
The same Rascal4488 from DeviantArt
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2019-03-22 13:39:02" ] I also think it's funny... while I would have preferred to see a limited-release way to get goat eyes, as so to not exclude all existing dragons from new content that is intended to be breed-only from here on out... I'm pretty sure the reason we didn't get such vials is a result of how the community exploded over the scattersights. And I'm not going to say the scattersights were handled well, but... you can't say FR doesn't react to community feedback. This looks like a fairly clear 'well, we know what we're not going to do this time.' And I can't really blame them for that decision. [/quote] @Laluzi forgive me as ive been away from the game for quite a while, but what happened with the vials of scattersight?
Laluzi wrote on 2019-03-22 13:39:02:
I also think it's funny... while I would have preferred to see a limited-release way to get goat eyes, as so to not exclude all existing dragons from new content that is intended to be breed-only from here on out... I'm pretty sure the reason we didn't get such vials is a result of how the community exploded over the scattersights.

And I'm not going to say the scattersights were handled well, but... you can't say FR doesn't react to community feedback. This looks like a fairly clear 'well, we know what we're not going to do this time.' And I can't really blame them for that decision.
@Laluzi forgive me as ive been away from the game for quite a while, but what happened with the vials of scattersight?
check out my art shop! [click words or image below]
silver_by_theoneandonlyvapor-dbpr7bb.png
[quote name="FKcoffee" date="2019-03-22 13:40:35" ] Over 50,000,000 dragons rendered obsolete. [/quote] That's a little bit over the top. I like my lair just fine in light of this. Do people want goat eyes on existing dragons, yes. But the vast majority of extant dragons do not need this new eye type in the eyes of their owners. Not being able to get this new eye type on older dragons [I]is[/I] a big problem and not a game design choice I want to see continued down the line, but dramatics is not the way to convince FR to change their mind. If anything, it's vindicating their decision.
FKcoffee wrote on 2019-03-22 13:40:35:
Over 50,000,000 dragons rendered obsolete.
That's a little bit over the top. I like my lair just fine in light of this. Do people want goat eyes on existing dragons, yes. But the vast majority of extant dragons do not need this new eye type in the eyes of their owners.

Not being able to get this new eye type on older dragons is a big problem and not a game design choice I want to see continued down the line, but dramatics is not the way to convince FR to change their mind. If anything, it's vindicating their decision.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
I think people are waaay too negative on these updates. They're trying to spice up the genetics of a game for future players/breeders. It doesn't have to make sense or be realistic.[b] It's a game full of[i] creative people[/i] too[/b]! They don't adhere to [i]ANY [/i]rules when they make up characters like "My tundra eats meat!" and "This fae is actually gigantic, so ignore the sizing plz!" If they want goat eyes, THATS AWESOME. LET THEM BE GOATS. Also, I know for a FACT us people with all-basic-eye lairs, at some point in the future, will be envied by some whiny kid on the internet because "wow none of your dragons have weird eyes! omg lucky! Mine all hatch with those dumb eyes now!" [sub]It's EXACTLY like Unconverted Pets on Neo: Even though you can't dress them up like the modern pets, they're usually not that interesting, and they just keep the old art - people don't leave you alone about trading them away because you were lucky enough to be an old user before the updates![/sub] Just another way to look at it. [emoji=guardian tongue] Why not set the money aside for when they reveal some option down the road? They'll probably come up with a similar solution to the scroll at some point, [i]just give it time[/i].[b] Maybe they'll announce some "magic pond" that you can toss a dragon into once a month that will randomize the eyes to anything above common[/b] - Would keep from rereleasing a "retired item" but gives the same effect, but I'm sure someone will complain about that too. *shrug* [sub]ya'll complain every time they update while I'm just happy they released something to distract me from my current financial situation, and the abuse going on with my family. Paying bills is hard and drama sucks. Please, just chill for once. I'm so tired of drama on a [i]pet site and irl[/i][/sub] [emoji=mirror deadpan]
I think people are waaay too negative on these updates. They're trying to spice up the genetics of a game for future players/breeders. It doesn't have to make sense or be realistic. It's a game full of creative people too! They don't adhere to ANY rules when they make up characters like "My tundra eats meat!" and "This fae is actually gigantic, so ignore the sizing plz!" If they want goat eyes, THATS AWESOME. LET THEM BE GOATS.

Also, I know for a FACT us people with all-basic-eye lairs, at some point in the future, will be envied by some whiny kid on the internet because "wow none of your dragons have weird eyes! omg lucky! Mine all hatch with those dumb eyes now!"

It's EXACTLY like Unconverted Pets on Neo: Even though you can't dress them up like the modern pets, they're usually not that interesting, and they just keep the old art - people don't leave you alone about trading them away because you were lucky enough to be an old user before the updates!

Just another way to look at it.

Why not set the money aside for when they reveal some option down the road?
They'll probably come up with a similar solution to the scroll at some point, just give it time. Maybe they'll announce some "magic pond" that you can toss a dragon into once a month that will randomize the eyes to anything above common - Would keep from rereleasing a "retired item" but gives the same effect, but I'm sure someone will complain about that too. *shrug*

ya'll complain every time they update while I'm just happy they released something to distract me from my current financial situation, and the abuse going on with my family. Paying bills is hard and drama sucks. Please, just chill for once. I'm so tired of drama on a pet site and irl
L74Jfbv.png
gYW0j5f.png
4SVfFPD.png
PRdYFXl.png
3B15OeM.png
Razrroth #4858
GEouoxl.png
[bleats]
[bleats]
> sasser
any pronouns
> accent shop
9TbvK.gifEwSCN.gif576zR.gif
@suitablysolemn

Scater-sight Vials were a limited time item, only around for the first release of the new eye stuff, unfortunately.
@suitablysolemn

Scater-sight Vials were a limited time item, only around for the first release of the new eye stuff, unfortunately.
The same Rascal4488 from DeviantArt
though i like the idea of new types of eyes. I love swirl. but goat i find it just a bit creepy. see: Using one of my snappers. as and adult [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=15&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=1&auth=83ea1952697b57aec01273eba3c658bb57961bdb&dummyext=prev.png[/img] as a baby [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=15&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=1&auth=b12f03b6f94004979c85df5fd3583c58e2482c8c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Looks just as creepy as on spirals: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=1&auth=06479ac6a65a823a29a48250c9874f6f0b12431e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=1&auth=6f55423dfa22339d50633120c24e32135b164fef&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
though i like the idea of new types of eyes. I love swirl. but goat i find it just a bit creepy. see:
Using one of my snappers.

as and adult
dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=15&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=1&auth=83ea1952697b57aec01273eba3c658bb57961bdb&dummyext=prev.png

as a baby
dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=15&breed=9&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=1&auth=b12f03b6f94004979c85df5fd3583c58e2482c8c&dummyext=prev.png

Looks just as creepy as on spirals:
dragon?age=1&body=85&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=1&auth=06479ac6a65a823a29a48250c9874f6f0b12431e&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=0&body=85&bodygene=15&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=85&tertgene=10&winggene=16&wings=1&auth=6f55423dfa22339d50633120c24e32135b164fef&dummyext=prev.png

OC9E4r3.png
@suitablysolemn (not who you were asking but)

they were an anniversary item last year but only made available for three days before being permanently retired. there... was a small meltdown over it.
@suitablysolemn (not who you were asking but)

they were an anniversary item last year but only made available for three days before being permanently retired. there... was a small meltdown over it.
> sasser
any pronouns
> accent shop
9TbvK.gifEwSCN.gif576zR.gif
really disappointed that i wont be able to get goat eyes on my old dragons, but the spiral eyes are cool and ive already put some on 2 of my dragons! still, such a shame about the goat eyes
really disappointed that i wont be able to get goat eyes on my old dragons, but the spiral eyes are cool and ive already put some on 2 of my dragons! still, such a shame about the goat eyes
Very disappointed the next eye update isn't doing anything about the numerous misgivings people have about the method of eye type attainment. Another eye type we can't get on oldies? This time not even with the stupidly expensive and should never have been retired scatter vials.

While I love the new eye types, and love that one is a vial, and love that we're getting eye updates at all, staff need to change the methods. Even something as simple as unretiring vials for a holiday would work.
Very disappointed the next eye update isn't doing anything about the numerous misgivings people have about the method of eye type attainment. Another eye type we can't get on oldies? This time not even with the stupidly expensive and should never have been retired scatter vials.

While I love the new eye types, and love that one is a vial, and love that we're getting eye updates at all, staff need to change the methods. Even something as simple as unretiring vials for a holiday would work.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
1 2 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 122 123