Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | a garden in the woods [OPEN.]
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
[center][size=2][b]introduction:[/b] hello! this is my first time rping in FR so i'm not sure if there's any certain format to rping here. i used to tumblr rp for a long time, and anyone who tumblr rps probably knows about the not-so-obvious rules and various undertoning etiquette stuff that goes down. anyway, i like to write and just wanted to try it on here (since i have never rp'd non-human characters before)! also, that's my progen below, in case that's confusing for anyone! [b]please note:[/b] i format my prose, whether it's something fancy like below or some standard small text/bold words. you have no obligation to format like i do! all i ask is that the same amount of effort is evident in your own writing~! i also do not capitalize normally for aesthetic purposes (as you can see below, only a few words are completely uppercase and bold for emphasis). i also like to use a lot of metaphors and sometimes confusing poetry-like speech, so if anything confuses you, please feel free to PM me and let me know and i will gladly explain![/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12143086] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/121431/12143086.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/l3kRBf2.png[/img][/center] [center][font=mistral][size=7][color=darkgreen]a garden in the woods[/color][/size][/font][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/l3kRBf2.png[/img][/center] his head rests in the grass, a troubled sigh tumbling just past the tip of his teeth. how could such a king sleep when the woes of his clan rest upon him instead? he is the [b]BURDENED ONE[/b] ; the one of hope and hopeless prayers. yet no king would ever admit such a disturbance in their thoughts. everest knows better than to lay awake, ramble, or bother any of the few clanmates that still walk the garden to which he rules. yet, as solemn as he is, he cannot help but lay restless in the flower bed, such daisies and daffodils [b]CONSUMING [/b]his very form. " mother, " he murmurs to the sky, where the gladekeeper must be watching. she's never said a word to him, and he mourns this silence where he lays. " what is wrong with me? " talons wrap around flower stems and healthy roots. the green in his eyes is as alive as the [b]FOREST[/b], beating with the tender breath of his creator. but he will never truly know what it means to have a mother's touch. unsatisfied, he stirs in his patch of growth until a rustling takes him out of his thoughts. his stomach churns to think something unknown may approach, the scent unrecognizable underneath the light smell of blooming flora. swiftly, the king gets up to his feet, a growl rising from his throat as the moon weighs high over his shoulders. dipping green hues dance over his body, and the fury of the forest rests in his eyes to prepare for the possibility of battle. " who [b]TRESPASSES [/b]onto [b]MY GARDEN?[/b] " comes a hearty and deep bellow. ----- [center][size=2]constructive criticism welcome![/size][/center]
introduction: hello! this is my first time rping in FR so i'm not sure if there's any certain format to rping here. i used to tumblr rp for a long time, and anyone who tumblr rps probably knows about the not-so-obvious rules and various undertoning etiquette stuff that goes down. anyway, i like to write and just wanted to try it on here (since i have never rp'd non-human characters before)! also, that's my progen below, in case that's confusing for anyone!

please note: i format my prose, whether it's something fancy like below or some standard small text/bold words. you have no obligation to format like i do! all i ask is that the same amount of effort is evident in your own writing~! i also do not capitalize normally for aesthetic purposes (as you can see below, only a few words are completely uppercase and bold for emphasis). i also like to use a lot of metaphors and sometimes confusing poetry-like speech, so if anything confuses you, please feel free to PM me and let me know and i will gladly explain!

l3kRBf2.png
a garden in the woods
l3kRBf2.png

his head rests in the grass, a troubled sigh tumbling just past the tip of his teeth. how could such a king sleep when the woes of his clan rest upon him instead? he is the BURDENED ONE ; the one of hope and hopeless prayers. yet no king would ever admit such a disturbance in their thoughts. everest knows better than to lay awake, ramble, or bother any of the few clanmates that still walk the garden to which he rules. yet, as solemn as he is, he cannot help but lay restless in the flower bed, such daisies and daffodils CONSUMING his very form. " mother, " he murmurs to the sky, where the gladekeeper must be watching. she's never said a word to him, and he mourns this silence where he lays. " what is wrong with me? "

talons wrap around flower stems and healthy roots. the green in his eyes is as alive as the FOREST, beating with the tender breath of his creator. but he will never truly know what it means to have a mother's touch. unsatisfied, he stirs in his patch of growth until a rustling takes him out of his thoughts. his stomach churns to think something unknown may approach, the scent unrecognizable underneath the light smell of blooming flora. swiftly, the king gets up to his feet, a growl rising from his throat as the moon weighs high over his shoulders. dipping green hues dance over his body, and the fury of the forest rests in his eyes to prepare for the possibility of battle.

" who TRESPASSES onto MY GARDEN? " comes a hearty and deep bellow.

constructive criticism welcome!
KVOsgsI.png
[i]a/n, I've never roleplayed non-humans before either but I decided it might be fun to give it a shot! Also, I couldnt resist when our progen's color schemes matched! @magxctrick[/i] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8658004] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/86581/8658004_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] It wasn't the soft scent of wisteria and lavender in the air that guided Ilse to that fateful place that night, nor was it the view of the private garden, as alluring as she found it. No, what drew her in was a feeling, towards which the wind guided her. She had felt this feeling every now and then- when a hatchling found their way outside of her lair that needed a home, or an egg had unfortunately burrowed it's way beneath three feet of snow. The feeling of being needed- of being someone's guidance, their clarity. She had a tendency to travel with the night air as it led her to this garden. The voice that called out to her wasn't that of a hatchling or a fearful, lonely dragon. It didn't sound like someone who needed help. But that wouldn't deter Ilse- no, she was drawn here for a reason. [i]"Can one really trespass on a piece of nature, which belongs to all?"[/i] a soft chuckle accompanied the soft yet wise voice.
a/n, I've never roleplayed non-humans before either but I decided it might be fun to give it a shot! Also, I couldnt resist when our progen's color schemes matched! @magxctrick

It wasn't the soft scent of wisteria and lavender in the air that guided Ilse to that fateful place that night, nor was it the view of the private garden, as alluring as she found it. No, what drew her in was a feeling, towards which the wind guided her. She had felt this feeling every now and then- when a hatchling found their way outside of her lair that needed a home, or an egg had unfortunately burrowed it's way beneath three feet of snow. The feeling of being needed- of being someone's guidance, their clarity. She had a tendency to travel with the night air as it led her to this garden.

The voice that called out to her wasn't that of a hatchling or a fearful, lonely dragon. It didn't sound like someone who needed help. But that wouldn't deter Ilse- no, she was drawn here for a reason.

"Can one really trespass on a piece of nature, which belongs to all?" a soft chuckle accompanied the soft yet wise voice.
ErMvEQA.png
@Tempestral omg the matching color schemes is my wEAKNESS jhfjkdshf also thank you so much for replying! i have a feeling this is gonna be great :D

her scent, her footprints, her voice - FOREIGN. he knows not of the guardian before him, nor of how she found him, nor of why she was here. the forest had a way of secrets, ones he's all but solved, and others that are thrown upon him such as now. cautiously, he watches her silhouette from a safe distance, yet she still approaches, and the flower bed he was resting upon straightens in his anxiety. restless night for restless nights to come. talons dig into dirt, listening to her soft voice. she did not seem hostile, but could he trust her?

" i am the one nature is entrusted to, so i own what has grown until you have been deemed TRUSTWORTHY of it. " his broad shoulders straighten, the roots of the flowers below him rising to his command to wrap around his scarred arms and hind legs. she may not know what he was doing, but this was one of the only ways he could find calm - by consuming himself in the forest he was birthed from.

" are you here to FIGHT, or do you seek some other business with a son of the gladekeeper. "
@Tempestral omg the matching color schemes is my wEAKNESS jhfjkdshf also thank you so much for replying! i have a feeling this is gonna be great :D

her scent, her footprints, her voice - FOREIGN. he knows not of the guardian before him, nor of how she found him, nor of why she was here. the forest had a way of secrets, ones he's all but solved, and others that are thrown upon him such as now. cautiously, he watches her silhouette from a safe distance, yet she still approaches, and the flower bed he was resting upon straightens in his anxiety. restless night for restless nights to come. talons dig into dirt, listening to her soft voice. she did not seem hostile, but could he trust her?

" i am the one nature is entrusted to, so i own what has grown until you have been deemed TRUSTWORTHY of it. " his broad shoulders straighten, the roots of the flowers below him rising to his command to wrap around his scarred arms and hind legs. she may not know what he was doing, but this was one of the only ways he could find calm - by consuming himself in the forest he was birthed from.

" are you here to FIGHT, or do you seek some other business with a son of the gladekeeper. "
KVOsgsI.png
[size=2]@magxctrick Mind if I join in the fray? And this is honestly how I felt while writing this and after twenty minutes actually posted it.[/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=309990&tab=dragon&did=42021078][img]https://i.imgur.com/PN7sf0g.png[/img][/url] He wasn't the type to eavesdrop, but sometimes your ears decide to listen without your consent. The cover of brush and ferns obscured his mostly black figure and made him slightly worried. Due to his dark scales and standout-ish appearance he was frightened. Guardians were much larger then Pearls and were known to (fifty percent of the time) be overly protective of there land and items. Esumi didn't want to come off as the type of dragon to normally do such scandalous things as this though. He trembled and grit his teeth, willing himself to not move any of the mechanical parts of his body. His heart raced and his dark magenta eyes widened. Actually, he wasn't scared, he was terrified. Hopefully they wouldn't maul him the moment they caught on someone else was listening.
@magxctrick Mind if I join in the fray? And this is honestly how I felt while writing this and after twenty minutes actually posted it.

PN7sf0g.png

He wasn't the type to eavesdrop, but sometimes your ears decide to listen without your consent. The cover of brush and ferns obscured his mostly black figure and made him slightly worried. Due to his dark scales and standout-ish appearance he was frightened. Guardians were much larger then Pearls and were known to (fifty percent of the time) be overly protective of there land and items.

Esumi didn't want to come off as the type of dragon to normally do such scandalous things as this though. He trembled and grit his teeth, willing himself to not move any of the mechanical parts of his body. His heart raced and his dark magenta eyes widened. Actually, he wasn't scared, he was terrified. Hopefully they wouldn't maul him the moment they caught on someone else was listening.
llama_emoji_08__drinking_tea__by_jerikuto-d6u6n9r.gif
@magxctrick @Tabbycat27 @Tempestral Mind if I also join in the fray? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19596195] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/195962/19596195_350.png[/img] [/url] [b][i]"Loud this on is, going to wake up the whole forest with his screaming..." [/i][/b] a deep rumbling voice envelope the pearlcatcher as a big shape towers over him and with ghostly silence massiv limbs envelope him, cutting of any escapes routes for him. if he tried to back he would be meet by a massiv scaled chest. [i][b]"thinking he is king of the forest, no on rules over nature.. if he truly are a son of the Gladekeeper then he should know "[/b][/i] A par of dull yellow eyes peers down at the tiny pearlcatcher and a row a white large teeth flashes for a moment in the moonlight as the gigantic Imperial head turns down towards the male and smiles wide. [i][b]"now little one~ didn't your sire teach you that it is rude to eavesdrop "[/b][/i]
@magxctrick @Tabbycat27 @Tempestral Mind if I also join in the fray?

19596195_350.png

"Loud this on is, going to wake up the whole forest with his screaming..."
a deep rumbling voice envelope the pearlcatcher as a big shape towers over him and with ghostly silence massiv limbs envelope him, cutting of any escapes routes for him. if he tried to back he would be meet by a massiv scaled chest.

"thinking he is king of the forest, no on rules over nature.. if he truly are a son of the Gladekeeper then he should know "

A par of dull yellow eyes peers down at the tiny pearlcatcher and a row a white large teeth flashes for a moment in the moonlight as the gigantic Imperial head turns down towards the male and smiles wide.

"now little one~ didn't your sire teach you that it is rude to eavesdrop "
@HummingKnight Hello there new friend!

The Pearl was too frightened to say a thing as he stared wide-eyed at the massive dragon. His heart skips a beat and he thinks that he might faint due to the sudden surprise. Esumi's mouth opens and closes rapidly like a fish gulping for air as he stares.

He does try to back up and nearly yelps as his back hits the other's scales, his claw flying up towards his mouth. But, then he thinks for a second.

If you aren't doing anything then why are you here as well?

The Pearl doesn't say it though in case he upsets the Imperial. He didn't mean any trouble. It was just a simple mistake! Right?

Then his mind flies to something else. He can't move. It's not because of the bigger dragon holding him, but his sheer determination makes him turn as still as a statue, his body stiffening. Did his mechanical legs and torso make a noise? If they did were the springs loud enough to be heard? Did the soft glow they emitted already give away their position? He scolds himself for being reckless.

Don't you dare move your metal body, Esumi.
@HummingKnight Hello there new friend!

The Pearl was too frightened to say a thing as he stared wide-eyed at the massive dragon. His heart skips a beat and he thinks that he might faint due to the sudden surprise. Esumi's mouth opens and closes rapidly like a fish gulping for air as he stares.

He does try to back up and nearly yelps as his back hits the other's scales, his claw flying up towards his mouth. But, then he thinks for a second.

If you aren't doing anything then why are you here as well?

The Pearl doesn't say it though in case he upsets the Imperial. He didn't mean any trouble. It was just a simple mistake! Right?

Then his mind flies to something else. He can't move. It's not because of the bigger dragon holding him, but his sheer determination makes him turn as still as a statue, his body stiffening. Did his mechanical legs and torso make a noise? If they did were the springs loud enough to be heard? Did the soft glow they emitted already give away their position? He scolds himself for being reckless.

Don't you dare move your metal body, Esumi.
@Tabbycat27 hello new friend! Esumi are so tiny compare to Ezdall!

Ezdall ear flickers slightly and his nostril flares, eyes narrowing some. He lowers his head and ever so gently sniffs over the pearls statue like body. Not seeming to care about the other male uncomfort.

"You are not one of the Gladekeeper children are you little one? you smell of metal"

@Tabbycat27 hello new friend! Esumi are so tiny compare to Ezdall!

Ezdall ear flickers slightly and his nostril flares, eyes narrowing some. He lowers his head and ever so gently sniffs over the pearls statue like body. Not seeming to care about the other male uncomfort.

"You are not one of the Gladekeeper children are you little one? you smell of metal"

@HummingKnight Esumi is a little cinnamon roll! And I find Ezdall quite the interesting one!

Esumi narrows his eyes and finally realizes just how close he is to the bigger dragon. He closes his eyes tightly and makes a strangled noise as he covers his face with his claws. A few pockets on his torso open with a small hiss to let off some steam. The Pearl feels his face warming but manages to say a short and quiet sentence.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop..."
@HummingKnight Esumi is a little cinnamon roll! And I find Ezdall quite the interesting one!

Esumi narrows his eyes and finally realizes just how close he is to the bigger dragon. He closes his eyes tightly and makes a strangled noise as he covers his face with his claws. A few pockets on his torso open with a small hiss to let off some steam. The Pearl feels his face warming but manages to say a short and quiet sentence.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop..."
@magxctrick

Somewhat unaware of the fight about to break out in the near distance- of course she heard something, but for now she chose to ignore it- though she finally decided to stop approaching the other guardian. The way the flowers curled up around him, she felt as if she was perhaps threatening him, or upsetting him. Either way, she deemed it best to stop.

As if to appear less intimidating, Ilse slowly laid in the grass, always humble, always kind. It caused her no discomfort to literally be looked down upon. In her world, everyone was of the same level anyways.

"I believe that I might seek business with the Son of the Gladekeeper"
@magxctrick

Somewhat unaware of the fight about to break out in the near distance- of course she heard something, but for now she chose to ignore it- though she finally decided to stop approaching the other guardian. The way the flowers curled up around him, she felt as if she was perhaps threatening him, or upsetting him. Either way, she deemed it best to stop.

As if to appear less intimidating, Ilse slowly laid in the grass, always humble, always kind. It caused her no discomfort to literally be looked down upon. In her world, everyone was of the same level anyways.

"I believe that I might seek business with the Son of the Gladekeeper"
ErMvEQA.png
@Tempestral also welcome @Tabbycat27 @HummingKnight ! thank you for joining my grumpy son at his grumpiest xD

his unease could not be easily assuaged, though should he really be taking it out on a stranger? she looked to want no quarrels, laying before him like serenity in chaos. and after all, the night was not of HER, but of another green shaded goddess that alluded him. the rocky relationship with his mother continues - like a feline, the arch of his back which held all his anxious wares slowly starts to relax. the flowers bloom tiny buds to calm him, and the protective nature of his species which drew him hostile to begin with gets distracted with a newfound sense of fatherhood. his claws loosen, the dirt crumbling between them, as the flowerbed curls to catch his slumping body. a subtle and humble sign of defeat - one that brings him slight shame as king.

" i... apologize. the night has not been kind, and neither have i. " the wreath around his head shifts as he offers her a more respectable bow. such a reminder of peace forgotten, he scolds himself internally for being worked up and letting that affect his demeanor. too many inner struggles and outer wars have been fought - he's become hard-shelled to hide the soft goo that threatens to welt up in tears through his hollow gaze.

" now that i think of it, i might no longer deserve such a title. " he sheepishly looks to the side, embarrassed and tired out. " what business do you seek with an old and undeserving king? "
@Tempestral also welcome @Tabbycat27 @HummingKnight ! thank you for joining my grumpy son at his grumpiest xD

his unease could not be easily assuaged, though should he really be taking it out on a stranger? she looked to want no quarrels, laying before him like serenity in chaos. and after all, the night was not of HER, but of another green shaded goddess that alluded him. the rocky relationship with his mother continues - like a feline, the arch of his back which held all his anxious wares slowly starts to relax. the flowers bloom tiny buds to calm him, and the protective nature of his species which drew him hostile to begin with gets distracted with a newfound sense of fatherhood. his claws loosen, the dirt crumbling between them, as the flowerbed curls to catch his slumping body. a subtle and humble sign of defeat - one that brings him slight shame as king.

" i... apologize. the night has not been kind, and neither have i. " the wreath around his head shifts as he offers her a more respectable bow. such a reminder of peace forgotten, he scolds himself internally for being worked up and letting that affect his demeanor. too many inner struggles and outer wars have been fought - he's become hard-shelled to hide the soft goo that threatens to welt up in tears through his hollow gaze.

" now that i think of it, i might no longer deserve such a title. " he sheepishly looks to the side, embarrassed and tired out. " what business do you seek with an old and undeserving king? "
KVOsgsI.png
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page