Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Help, I made my own skin 8D
Can someone explain to me exactly how the uploading custom skins works...Do I have to pay real money to use custom skins I create? and Is the money or blueprint item refunded if the skin is rejected??

I just joined and i really would like to make custom skins, but I can't afford to buy a blueprint every time I make a custom skin.

I downloaded a png file and made a custom skin for a female fae. The upload page says I can't even upload it without a blueprint, which...cost real money, and I am thinking maybe I missed something. What should I do?
Can someone explain to me exactly how the uploading custom skins works...Do I have to pay real money to use custom skins I create? and Is the money or blueprint item refunded if the skin is rejected??

I just joined and i really would like to make custom skins, but I can't afford to buy a blueprint every time I make a custom skin.

I downloaded a png file and made a custom skin for a female fae. The upload page says I can't even upload it without a blueprint, which...cost real money, and I am thinking maybe I missed something. What should I do?
@FijoTheEpic Yep, every submission of a new skin or accent requires a blueprint, which costs gems (paid currency) to buy. Most people fund their skins/accents by running a preorder here on the forum, because it's cheaper to buy the 10-copy pack (500 gems per copy) than a single copy (2000 gems).

Essentially, it's finding other people who are interested in the work you've made, and then sharing the costs. c: Take a look at other threads here, lots of them run via the preordering method!

Edit: And yes, the blueprint is refunded if your submission isn't approved.
@FijoTheEpic Yep, every submission of a new skin or accent requires a blueprint, which costs gems (paid currency) to buy. Most people fund their skins/accents by running a preorder here on the forum, because it's cheaper to buy the 10-copy pack (500 gems per copy) than a single copy (2000 gems).

Essentially, it's finding other people who are interested in the work you've made, and then sharing the costs. c: Take a look at other threads here, lots of them run via the preordering method!

Edit: And yes, the blueprint is refunded if your submission isn't approved.
@FijoTheEpic - You have to pay gems to obtain skin blueprints, there's a bunch of info and a FAQ in the Custom Skins tab to the left.
@FijoTheEpic - You have to pay gems to obtain skin blueprints, there's a bunch of info and a FAQ in the Custom Skins tab to the left.
Accent Shop
[quote name="rainwaltz" date="2014-04-15 12:08:56"]And yes, the blueprint is refunded if your submission isn't approved.[/quote] 5$ for 10 copies is totally doable for me!! I knew I missed something, Thank you Very much, Rain. I will keep practicing with the downloadable files and look into purchasing some blueprints. Be well
rainwaltz wrote on 2014-04-15 12:08:56:
And yes, the blueprint is refunded if your submission isn't approved.

5$ for 10 copies is totally doable for me!! I knew I missed something, Thank you Very much, Rain. I will keep practicing with the downloadable files and look into purchasing some blueprints. Be well
It's $5 per copy for 10 copies, so $50 total.

nhM1ZYE.png
You could also buy gems (the premium currency) using treasure (the one you make on playing the games and so) - from other users. The current rate is somewhere around 1:500 (500 treasure for 1 gem)
You could also buy gems (the premium currency) using treasure (the one you make on playing the games and so) - from other users. The current rate is somewhere around 1:500 (500 treasure for 1 gem)
[quote name="Zikul" date="2014-04-15 13:47:00"]You could also buy gems (the premium currency) using treasure (the one you make on playing the games and so) - from other users. The current rate is somewhere around 1:500 (500 treasure for 1 gem)[/quote] O.O OOOOOoooooOOOOOooooooo thank you!! I'm so glad I asked for help ^_^
Zikul wrote on 2014-04-15 13:47:00:

O.O OOOOOoooooOOOOOooooooo thank you!! I'm so glad I asked for help ^_^
[quote name="ShatteredEarth" date="2014-04-15 13:39:16"]It's $5 per copy for 10 copies, so $50 total.[/quote] Omg O.o
ShatteredEarth wrote on 2014-04-15 13:39:16:

Omg O.o