Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Coliseum Technical Beta
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 93 94
So far, my only major complaint is how now you have to wait for your attacking dragon to slide back into place before selecting a new move. The turn transition is very slow, and makes the coli feel laggy and bogged down.

Also, while I didn't personally have any trouble with the captchas, I can definitely see how they'd be a nightmare for people with vision issues, or a small screen/mobile.
So far, my only major complaint is how now you have to wait for your attacking dragon to slide back into place before selecting a new move. The turn transition is very slow, and makes the coli feel laggy and bogged down.

Also, while I didn't personally have any trouble with the captchas, I can definitely see how they'd be a nightmare for people with vision issues, or a small screen/mobile.
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-02-06 22:36:18] Just wanted to provide an update for everyone. We just got finished with a team meeting regarding the progress of the beta, and had good discussions about the feedback so far. We've heard your voices loud and clear, and we are going to be attempting to change page refreshes so that they do not occur when you are moving between consecutive battles. This should hopefully create less of a disruption when playing the Coliseum for an extended period of time. We hope to have this change out during the beta soon but don't have an exact time we can provide right now. That being said, we need to stress that this is not a simple change to make, and some minor polish items and minor bug fixes may have to be deferred to a post-launch follow-up patch as a result. Thank you to everyone who has been testing so far and contributing invaluable bug reports. This beta was an essential effort to run to make sure we got things in good shape. [/quote] I’m so happy about this! Good to know that the mods are listening to the feedback! ^^
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-02-06:
Just wanted to provide an update for everyone.

We just got finished with a team meeting regarding the progress of the beta, and had good discussions about the feedback so far. We've heard your voices loud and clear, and we are going to be attempting to change page refreshes so that they do not occur when you are moving between consecutive battles. This should hopefully create less of a disruption when playing the Coliseum for an extended period of time. We hope to have this change out during the beta soon but don't have an exact time we can provide right now.

That being said, we need to stress that this is not a simple change to make, and some minor polish items and minor bug fixes may have to be deferred to a post-launch follow-up patch as a result.

Thank you to everyone who has been testing so far and contributing invaluable bug reports. This beta was an essential effort to run to make sure we got things in good shape.

I’m so happy about this! Good to know that the mods are listening to the feedback! ^^
9jMr.gif
^Click to be take to my hatchery^

I accept all friend requests!
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-02-06 22:36:18] Just wanted to provide an update for everyone. We just got finished with a team meeting regarding the progress of the beta, and had good discussions about the feedback so far. We've heard your voices loud and clear, and we are going to be attempting to change page refreshes so that they do not occur when you are moving between consecutive battles. This should hopefully create less of a disruption when playing the Coliseum for an extended period of time. We hope to have this change out during the beta soon but don't have an exact time we can provide right now. That being said, we need to stress that this is not a simple change to make, and some minor polish items and minor bug fixes may have to be deferred to a post-launch follow-up patch as a result. Thank you to everyone who has been testing so far and contributing invaluable bug reports. This beta was an essential effort to run to make sure we got things in good shape. [/quote] [color=#006ab8]Thank you so much for making such a quick post regarding that, and for all the effort so far, especially since it's now apparent that it's not such an easy change; much appreciated! ^^

We just got finished with a team meeting regarding the progress of the beta, and had good discussions about the feedback so far. We've heard your voices loud and clear, and we are going to be attempting to change page refreshes so that they do not occur when you are moving between consecutive battles. This should hopefully create less of a disruption when playing the Coliseum for an extended period of time. We hope to have this change out during the beta soon but don't have an exact time we can provide right now.

That being said, we need to stress that this is not a simple change to make, and some minor polish items and minor bug fixes may have to be deferred to a post-launch follow-up patch as a result.

Thank you to everyone who has been testing so far and contributing invaluable bug reports. This beta was an essential effort to run to make sure we got things in good shape.
Thank you so much for making such a quick post regarding that, and for all the effort so far, especially since it's now apparent that it's not such an easy change; much appreciated! ^^
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
The captcha thing definitely needs to change. I can understand the reason for it, but honestly getting one every 2-4 battles is just excessive. I don’t know how feasible it is, but maybe lose the bonus and instead just implement a captcha for every hour of play? Or something like that. I mean, I get that random is more likely to discourage botting, but it’s really annoying for those of us with high level dragons who can clear even a Mire battle fairly quickly. Dropping down to a lower stage like I would for farming just makes the captcha tiresome. (Never mind I can barely tell the images apart on an iPhone SE screen, even zoomed in.)

Glad to hear the constant refreshing is going to go away. That was beyond annoying, and really slowed down the experience.

I didn’t have time to read this entire thread, but will the “Dodge” and “Miss” captions be returning? It’s a little confusing without them there if you turn the animations off. I hope they’ll return. I rather like the no animation option otherwise.

Otherwise I’m liking it so far.
The captcha thing definitely needs to change. I can understand the reason for it, but honestly getting one every 2-4 battles is just excessive. I don’t know how feasible it is, but maybe lose the bonus and instead just implement a captcha for every hour of play? Or something like that. I mean, I get that random is more likely to discourage botting, but it’s really annoying for those of us with high level dragons who can clear even a Mire battle fairly quickly. Dropping down to a lower stage like I would for farming just makes the captcha tiresome. (Never mind I can barely tell the images apart on an iPhone SE screen, even zoomed in.)

Glad to hear the constant refreshing is going to go away. That was beyond annoying, and really slowed down the experience.

I didn’t have time to read this entire thread, but will the “Dodge” and “Miss” captions be returning? It’s a little confusing without them there if you turn the animations off. I hope they’ll return. I rather like the no animation option otherwise.

Otherwise I’m liking it so far.
This is fantastic news! :)
This is fantastic news! :)
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-02-06 22:36:18] Just wanted to provide an update for everyone. We just got finished with a team meeting regarding the progress of the beta, and had good discussions about the feedback so far. We've heard your voices loud and clear, and we are going to be attempting to change page refreshes so that they do not occur when you are moving between consecutive battles. This should hopefully create less of a disruption when playing the Coliseum for an extended period of time. We hope to have this change out during the beta soon but don't have an exact time we can provide right now. That being said, we need to stress that this is not a simple change to make, and some minor polish items and minor bug fixes may have to be deferred to a post-launch follow-up patch as a result. Thank you to everyone who has been testing so far and contributing invaluable bug reports. This beta was an essential effort to run to make sure we got things in good shape. [/quote] Thank you so very much!

Thank you so very much!
ezgif-2-da7e7819d0.gif
Just want to boost what @Lokkhart said about the dragon effect positions. I'm also having trouble with seeing them, and I'm typically very color-sensitive. Having the white background also makes it easier to determine effect/no effect from a side-glance without needing to look directly at it. Having effects in the color gradient makes it so you need to purposefully look for it.
Just want to boost what @Lokkhart said about the dragon effect positions. I'm also having trouble with seeing them, and I'm typically very color-sensitive. Having the white background also makes it easier to determine effect/no effect from a side-glance without needing to look directly at it. Having effects in the color gradient makes it so you need to purposefully look for it.
thank you!! It'll make it easier while still allowing the refreshes to keep things less laggy! It'll only need to load all of that specific venue instead of all the venues at once correct?
thank you!! It'll make it easier while still allowing the refreshes to keep things less laggy! It'll only need to load all of that specific venue instead of all the venues at once correct?
Ambushes for sale! (pinkerton keeps giving them to me). PM me and we can work out a price.

Must have many Enchanted Orca Necklacesssss
No huge complaints so far. Feedback thoughts: - I don't mind the captcha system, although I feel it should probably be reduced down to show up every 20-30ish battles rather than its current appearance rate; I get that it's to battle botting, but it can be a bit annoying to deal with. I think it's just a matter of striking a fine balance between reasonable and anti-botting. - Super glad to hear that the refreshing between consecutive battles is being dealt with. I didn't mind it, but it was a bit annoying. - Although, I do agree about the refreshing --> alerts, that helps a lot in dominance stuff... - The coliseum actually runs on mobile now, praise be! I can't wait to see how it'll run once things get polished up. - I honestly want to say that animations+effects off is smoother than the actual thing, but I can't determine this just yet; I might test that on a computer with poorer connection than this one and see how it runs.. so I'll have to update this post. - This. [img]https://i.gyazo.com/79d605356346ba635a2a9423459ef8f3.png[/img] Hopefully sometime in the future, the coli might check for Scroll of Eternal Youth status on a dragon? Of course, letting actual hatchlings battle would break a lot of things, but it'd be cool if party-joining status relied on actual age (6 days old or younger) vs. status (hatchling or adult)...
No huge complaints so far.

Feedback thoughts:

- I don't mind the captcha system, although I feel it should probably be reduced down to show up every 20-30ish battles rather than its current appearance rate; I get that it's to battle botting, but it can be a bit annoying to deal with. I think it's just a matter of striking a fine balance between reasonable and anti-botting.

- Super glad to hear that the refreshing between consecutive battles is being dealt with. I didn't mind it, but it was a bit annoying.
- Although, I do agree about the refreshing --> alerts, that helps a lot in dominance stuff...

- The coliseum actually runs on mobile now, praise be! I can't wait to see how it'll run once things get polished up.

- I honestly want to say that animations+effects off is smoother than the actual thing, but I can't determine this just yet; I might test that on a computer with poorer connection than this one and see how it runs.. so I'll have to update this post.

- This.
79d605356346ba635a2a9423459ef8f3.png
Hopefully sometime in the future, the coli might check for Scroll of Eternal Youth status on a dragon? Of course, letting actual hatchlings battle would break a lot of things, but it'd be cool if party-joining status relied on actual age (6 days old or younger) vs. status (hatchling or adult)...
4Gh3xRo.png
MUYNhfy.png
sD0LDRK.png
bYt72YT.png

PRICTGJ.png
plague_1.png - wishlist
- ye olde coli grinding shoppe
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2018-02-06 22:36:18] Just wanted to provide an update for everyone. We just got finished with a team meeting regarding the progress of the beta, and had good discussions about the feedback so far. We've heard your voices loud and clear, and we are going to be attempting to change page refreshes so that they do not occur when you are moving between consecutive battles. This should hopefully create less of a disruption when playing the Coliseum for an extended period of time. We hope to have this change out during the beta soon but don't have an exact time we can provide right now. That being said, we need to stress that this is not a simple change to make, and some minor polish items and minor bug fixes may have to be deferred to a post-launch follow-up patch as a result. Thank you to everyone who has been testing so far and contributing invaluable bug reports. This beta was an essential effort to run to make sure we got things in good shape. [/quote] Thank you so very much for listening to your playerbase! It really means a lot to us!

Thank you so very much for listening to your playerbase! It really means a lot to us!
UoWLgkH.pngpkpi5Nx.png
1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 93 94