Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Coliseum Tech Beta
Wait so I'm lost. Is the entire coliseum being replaced as of the tech beta rollout? Do you have to sign up to test out the tech beta?

Edit: found the answer to my first question through a helpful poster here, and I think I know the answer to the other one.
Wait so I'm lost. Is the entire coliseum being replaced as of the tech beta rollout? Do you have to sign up to test out the tech beta?

Edit: found the answer to my first question through a helpful poster here, and I think I know the answer to the other one.
36627432_DdNrYTjMtSKEqr3.png
Exciting!!
Exciting!!
earthshieldr.png
@Tigenki - Assuming the new version of the coli works well on mobile, this information may not end up being useful, but you were talking about how it works on phones/tablets, and I wanted to tell you about my experiences, and maybe it'll help you a bit?

Okay so, playing it on both my tablet, laptop (using the touchscreen), and the Wii U (it worked decently, actually, other than, you know, touchscreen), I noticed some weird quirks.

Yes, you have to click twice. Mostly. There's actually a weird thing about that. So, pretend you have a cursor, and you click on the Battle button (to get to the venues). Well, your cursor stays there, and when you next click on the screen, it will click on the spot it was in, on the Battle button, before the cursor moves to your new spot. And say you click to get into your attack menu, then the cursor ends up staying on Scratch, so even if you click somewhere else, it clicks on Scratch first before moving.
Then also, sometimes holding down on the screen can help you select things differently. But also things tend to respond a bit slowly. (And playing Shock Switch is awful. Never again.)

Hopefully that makes sense, and helps you out a bit. And since that was the rule even on my laptop when I used the touchscreen, I think it applies to at least most devices with touchscreens.
@Tigenki - Assuming the new version of the coli works well on mobile, this information may not end up being useful, but you were talking about how it works on phones/tablets, and I wanted to tell you about my experiences, and maybe it'll help you a bit?

Okay so, playing it on both my tablet, laptop (using the touchscreen), and the Wii U (it worked decently, actually, other than, you know, touchscreen), I noticed some weird quirks.

Yes, you have to click twice. Mostly. There's actually a weird thing about that. So, pretend you have a cursor, and you click on the Battle button (to get to the venues). Well, your cursor stays there, and when you next click on the screen, it will click on the spot it was in, on the Battle button, before the cursor moves to your new spot. And say you click to get into your attack menu, then the cursor ends up staying on Scratch, so even if you click somewhere else, it clicks on Scratch first before moving.
Then also, sometimes holding down on the screen can help you select things differently. But also things tend to respond a bit slowly. (And playing Shock Switch is awful. Never again.)

Hopefully that makes sense, and helps you out a bit. And since that was the rule even on my laptop when I used the touchscreen, I think it applies to at least most devices with touchscreens.
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very exciting!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very exciting!!!!
Oh woah... this will be interesting...
Oh woah... this will be interesting...
YIS
YIS
Banner_Small.png
Mobile Coli??? KEYBOARD CONTROLS?? Bless. Bless. BLESS.
Mobile Coli??? KEYBOARD CONTROLS?? Bless. Bless. BLESS.
6wR17En.png
me: oo sounds exciting! never personally had a problem with coli tho coli: immediately backhands me with whatever is going on here [img]https://i.imgur.com/R2iPZby.png[/img]
me: oo sounds exciting! never personally had a problem with coli tho
coli: immediately backhands me with whatever is going on here

R2iPZby.png
20829.png __ null | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers
hell yeah
fodder hatchery. Ping/DM/CR if interested. All dragons and hatchlings on second page available. Donations appreciated