Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Does a dragons diet change your opinion?
1 2
That doesn't really work here in the FR universe though. I mean, you need to kill an animal in the coliseum in order to get plant food (unless your lair is small enough that you can sustain it on gathering alone). So either way you contribute to the fake suffering of pixel monsters.
That doesn't really work here in the FR universe though. I mean, you need to kill an animal in the coliseum in order to get plant food (unless your lair is small enough that you can sustain it on gathering alone). So either way you contribute to the fake suffering of pixel monsters.
Yeah, once I was pretty adamant on keeping a lair full of meat eaters. I ended up just going for the wildclaws because I like them and their lore, but for a while I kept mirrors and guardians as well in a kind of roleplayed hunting pack. I have some skill in stalking animals for a hobby and have a brief education in wildlife management even if I don't hunt, and many of those skills intrigue me immensely. Knowing and reading the land, knowing how animals move, knowing how water moves and how trees grow. The behavior and migration of various wild creatures. How to manage forests and gardens. Self-discipline. Tracking, stalking, reading signs. I think it is a beautful thing to know how to do and was pretty obsessed with it before, so it made sense to go for a lair full of hunters and meat eaters.
Yeah, once I was pretty adamant on keeping a lair full of meat eaters. I ended up just going for the wildclaws because I like them and their lore, but for a while I kept mirrors and guardians as well in a kind of roleplayed hunting pack. I have some skill in stalking animals for a hobby and have a brief education in wildlife management even if I don't hunt, and many of those skills intrigue me immensely. Knowing and reading the land, knowing how animals move, knowing how water moves and how trees grow. The behavior and migration of various wild creatures. How to manage forests and gardens. Self-discipline. Tracking, stalking, reading signs. I think it is a beautful thing to know how to do and was pretty obsessed with it before, so it made sense to go for a lair full of hunters and meat eaters.
Ehh, like other people have said, I find it a little odd - but hey, whatever floats your boat! It's a game, after all, and you're here to have fun. If for you having fun means forming some pacifistic tribe of herbivores, then that's entirely up to you. c:

But also it's equally okay not to do that, since it's just a game.
Ehh, like other people have said, I find it a little odd - but hey, whatever floats your boat! It's a game, after all, and you're here to have fun. If for you having fun means forming some pacifistic tribe of herbivores, then that's entirely up to you. c:

But also it's equally okay not to do that, since it's just a game.
It doesn't really matter to me, I like variety so I try to keep at least one of each breed and Flight in my lair at one time. I go through a hell of a lot more meat though cause I love Mirrors so damn much <3
It doesn't really matter to me, I like variety so I try to keep at least one of each breed and Flight in my lair at one time. I go through a hell of a lot more meat though cause I love Mirrors so damn much <3
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
Just use plant food to make the materials for the food you get from Baldwin and give that to them.

Also @ACWN misplaced thread
Just use plant food to make the materials for the food you get from Baldwin and give that to them.

Also @ACWN misplaced thread
2gzbgvt.png eq6zQ9M.png
AaYNmEX.png
rUoKR6y.png
ypcKWM0.png
@Anthemis I get that :) it’s the same for me only opposite XD Because the process of feeding and imagining what’s happening is more immersive when you can relate to it :)
@Anthemis I get that :) it’s the same for me only opposite XD Because the process of feeding and imagining what’s happening is more immersive when you can relate to it :)
@Alfhild Yah, ultimately it's a game. Play it in whatever way you like. For me feeding them is only clicking a button, but I do roleplay and in that aspect it's important. When the story warranted it, I bought a bunch of meat eating dragons, and if I had preferred a story with vegans, then yeah I'd keep tundras.

Do what feels good.
@Alfhild Yah, ultimately it's a game. Play it in whatever way you like. For me feeding them is only clicking a button, but I do roleplay and in that aspect it's important. When the story warranted it, I bought a bunch of meat eating dragons, and if I had preferred a story with vegans, then yeah I'd keep tundras.

Do what feels good.
[quote name="Supersalamander" date=2018-01-02 11:12:36] Just use plant food to make the materials for the food you get from Baldwin and give that to them. [/quote] That's also a really good idea :0 But yeah people keep trying to problematize this but seriously play the game how it makes you happy! I think that's a really neat way to add another level to lore and lifestyle, I say definitely go for it if you want
Supersalamander wrote on 2018-01-02:
That's also a really good idea :0

But yeah people keep trying to problematize this but seriously play the game how it makes you happy! I think that's a really neat way to add another level to lore and lifestyle, I say definitely go for it if you want
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
meh I think it's a little odd since it is just a game and their diet doesn't actually mean anything but if it would make you happy I don't see why not.

That being said I hope this kind of outlook would only apply to the game it's all well for humans to choose they want to be vegan but if you have pets in the real world I hope you'd either stick to herbivores if you're not comfortable feeding meat to animals or feed obligate carnivores or omnivores to their dietary needs. ie. don't put a cat on a vegan or vegetarian diet.
meh I think it's a little odd since it is just a game and their diet doesn't actually mean anything but if it would make you happy I don't see why not.

That being said I hope this kind of outlook would only apply to the game it's all well for humans to choose they want to be vegan but if you have pets in the real world I hope you'd either stick to herbivores if you're not comfortable feeding meat to animals or feed obligate carnivores or omnivores to their dietary needs. ie. don't put a cat on a vegan or vegetarian diet.
@Altariel
No I understand that, I have a dog, and he gets dog food! We swap between blue buffalo and bil jac, as he is picky and a french duke. (wet and dry foods)

I hope noone misunderstands. I am not preachy or cultic about vegetarianism or veganism. It's my personal choice (my husband and I both eat this way) But I know that our eating habits, and our bodies ability to do so, are NOT the same for our dog. That's another debate for myself in the real world though XD

It's just the gathering/hunting aspect here in game that makes me want to raise plant eating dragons. It's a different mental visual for me.
@Altariel
No I understand that, I have a dog, and he gets dog food! We swap between blue buffalo and bil jac, as he is picky and a french duke. (wet and dry foods)

I hope noone misunderstands. I am not preachy or cultic about vegetarianism or veganism. It's my personal choice (my husband and I both eat this way) But I know that our eating habits, and our bodies ability to do so, are NOT the same for our dog. That's another debate for myself in the real world though XD

It's just the gathering/hunting aspect here in game that makes me want to raise plant eating dragons. It's a different mental visual for me.
1 2