Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Digital art shading techniques?
What kinds of shading techniques do you use in digital art? I see lots of art with nice smooth shading but haven't figured out how to get that on my art. Are there certain brushes you use?
(BTW I use medibang paint)
What kinds of shading techniques do you use in digital art? I see lots of art with nice smooth shading but haven't figured out how to get that on my art. Are there certain brushes you use?
(BTW I use medibang paint)
On hiatus
@BeardedDragon123

I use sai. but the technique should be the same ^v^ . i just start by coloring the base, and then copy that color, make it a bit lighter and add a new layer, then set it to shade and adjust the transparency until it looks good :3
@BeardedDragon123

I use sai. but the technique should be the same ^v^ . i just start by coloring the base, and then copy that color, make it a bit lighter and add a new layer, then set it to shade and adjust the transparency until it looks good :3
underskrift.png
I've found some tutorials on youtube that worked wonders in my shading progress. I recommend poking around there to find one that suits your style :)
I've found some tutorials on youtube that worked wonders in my shading progress. I recommend poking around there to find one that suits your style :)
@Neptunite @blackwidowed
Thanks guys! I will definitely check out youtube.
@Neptunite @blackwidowed
Thanks guys! I will definitely check out youtube.
On hiatus