Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Has Anyone Else Noticed This About PCs?
@Greyjoy I cannot unsee that now D8 *gently puffs air at a male pearl and watches him tip over*
@Greyjoy I cannot unsee that now D8 *gently puffs air at a male pearl and watches him tip over*
moj0Ael.png
I notice people keep mentioning spirals as problematic in terms of movement. Remember, spirals originated from the Windsinger & the breed spread out from his domain. I don't think spirals do much walking at all. I imagine they fly mostly, since they possess six wings and a light, agile body perfect for maneuvering in the air & taking advantage of a variety of drafts & air currents. I've always imagined that their feet and hands are used more for perching and grabbing & doing other things that hands are awesome for. Even when moving along the ground, I imagine it's more of a glide/hop than a walk.
I notice people keep mentioning spirals as problematic in terms of movement. Remember, spirals originated from the Windsinger & the breed spread out from his domain. I don't think spirals do much walking at all. I imagine they fly mostly, since they possess six wings and a light, agile body perfect for maneuvering in the air & taking advantage of a variety of drafts & air currents. I've always imagined that their feet and hands are used more for perching and grabbing & doing other things that hands are awesome for. Even when moving along the ground, I imagine it's more of a glide/hop than a walk.
Now, I'm not an animator or anything, but all this discussion about PC booty and walking style just gave me this really persistant idea of a snooty pearlcatcher strut and I just had to visualize it... [img]http://media.tumblr.com/a6a360877cc5b715a1fd2933ce4bbe38/tumblr_inline_mww60n6Ieh1r9t24n.gif[/img] It's really simple but I just wanted to share it because thanks to this thread, all PCs now have this kind of duck-waddle walking style in my head and it is adorable.
Now, I'm not an animator or anything, but all this discussion about PC booty and walking style just gave me this really persistant idea of a snooty pearlcatcher strut and I just had to visualize it...
tumblr_inline_mww60n6Ieh1r9t24n.gif
It's really simple but I just wanted to share it because thanks to this thread, all PCs now have this kind of duck-waddle walking style in my head and it is adorable.
@Beastface
Perfect.
I love PCs even more now!
@Beastface
Perfect.
I love PCs even more now!
@Beastface
I LOVE YOU, YOU JUST MADE MY DAY
@Beastface
I LOVE YOU, YOU JUST MADE MY DAY
I agree with @KittyHamilton I think that it's somewhat exaggerated because if you look at the males normally, they seem to be stretched up onto their toes to keep the pearl off the ground.
I agree with @KittyHamilton I think that it's somewhat exaggerated because if you look at the males normally, they seem to be stretched up onto their toes to keep the pearl off the ground.
banner6signaturesize_NaturesDesigns_zpse81227df.png
Oh man, I love this thread. First the discussion about dragon booty and then a discussion about how dragons get around.

I'm still cracking up over the thought of an Imp 'walking' like a squirrel.
Oh man, I love this thread. First the discussion about dragon booty and then a discussion about how dragons get around.

I'm still cracking up over the thought of an Imp 'walking' like a squirrel.
Ghost_SC1_HeadAnim1.gif
Proud Valenth Moderator: Jergen Voller
@Beastface This animation is awesome, and should be someone's signature. :)
@Beastface This animation is awesome, and should be someone's signature. :)
tumblr_inline_n5sc6kw8HN1szj5t4.pngtumblr_inline_n5sc8cC52f1szj5t4.pngtumblr_inline_n5sc4dlEn31szj5t4.png Choco Ripple-Current Goodness!
It looks exagerated, but I agree on the big butts part. Or maybe thier tail base is abnormally small idk

But now I want to animate a Pearl catcher hopping like a bunny or squirrel.

Imps probbaly bound about too.
And Fae, if they do walk, they are squirrel like as well, , but probbaly use thier wings much more.

And snappers sorta trudge though things, like a turtle, or bear. Kinda a heavy slow gait. But as thier encyclopedia says, they are more of dreamers and dont move much.
and noodles wiggle about.
It looks exagerated, but I agree on the big butts part. Or maybe thier tail base is abnormally small idk

But now I want to animate a Pearl catcher hopping like a bunny or squirrel.

Imps probbaly bound about too.
And Fae, if they do walk, they are squirrel like as well, , but probbaly use thier wings much more.

And snappers sorta trudge though things, like a turtle, or bear. Kinda a heavy slow gait. But as thier encyclopedia says, they are more of dreamers and dont move much.
and noodles wiggle about.
@Beastface like the geese in The Aristocats :D /childhood memories
@Beastface like the geese in The Aristocats :D /childhood memories
moj0Ael.png