Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Obscure video games
@Fractures Oh my gosh no I did not hear about those, the hunt is on!!!
@Fractures Oh my gosh no I did not hear about those, the hunt is on!!!
dR1OCbi.png
|Alice|24|INFJ|Jewelry Artisan|Chaotic Neutral|Elizabethan Reenactor|
|Mass Effect|Astronomy|Mystic Messenger|Tea Witch|Wonderland|
Steambot Chronicles.

I remember playing this game 24/7 as a kid. I loved the unique blend of music and fighting, and there was just SO MUCH to do. Playing music on the street, working for a gang, exploring the world, making quick cash by using your giant robot for odd jobs... It was a pretty ahead of its time, honestly. I can only imagine what it would be like today with the improved graphics and memory capabilities of modern consoles. They were going to make a sequel, but it got cancelled when Japan suffered from that earthquake in 2011. I was heartbroken.
Steambot Chronicles.

I remember playing this game 24/7 as a kid. I loved the unique blend of music and fighting, and there was just SO MUCH to do. Playing music on the street, working for a gang, exploring the world, making quick cash by using your giant robot for odd jobs... It was a pretty ahead of its time, honestly. I can only imagine what it would be like today with the improved graphics and memory capabilities of modern consoles. They were going to make a sequel, but it got cancelled when Japan suffered from that earthquake in 2011. I was heartbroken.
uU0PD.giftumblr_inline_njw5ja1AaE1qg2i5p.giftyZnu.gif
Tonic Trouble for the Nintendo 64. I wish I could find my cartridge. I never got very far (and tbh it wasn't that great of a game), but just for nostalgia reasons I would love to play it again and see if I'd be any better at it 15 years later. haha
Tonic Trouble for the Nintendo 64. I wish I could find my cartridge. I never got very far (and tbh it wasn't that great of a game), but just for nostalgia reasons I would love to play it again and see if I'd be any better at it 15 years later. haha
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
I never hear anyone talk about Graffiti Kingdom. And the few people who HAVE mentioned it seemed to hate it.

Maybe my taste in games just sucks, but I really enjoyed making ridiculous creations in that game.
I never hear anyone talk about Graffiti Kingdom. And the few people who HAVE mentioned it seemed to hate it.

Maybe my taste in games just sucks, but I really enjoyed making ridiculous creations in that game.
eg1jZa2.png
@sleeplessfaun

I looked up screenshots of Graffiti Kingdom and it somehow reminds me of spore, mainly it's creation section, creature stage and the galactic adventures expansion.

I'm interested in this game. O.O Not sure why people who knew that game hated it but I'll find out sooner or later.
@sleeplessfaun

I looked up screenshots of Graffiti Kingdom and it somehow reminds me of spore, mainly it's creation section, creature stage and the galactic adventures expansion.

I'm interested in this game. O.O Not sure why people who knew that game hated it but I'll find out sooner or later.
kyurem_animated_by_amanda_martin_am-d39zrdr.gif
@velvette *coughs, raises hand* Randomly-active Iksar conjurer here, with a full roster of characters still roaming about Permafrost. (I cannot for the life of me remember the new server name...stupid merge.)

On obscure games, I've yet to meet anyone else that's played Raze's Hell. It wasn't the most amazing action/adventure game, but the sheer goofy fun of the weaponry, combined with creepily-cute enemies made it a blast to play anyway. One of the first games I actively stood around just listening to the silly conversations the npc mobs had between themselves.

Wish I could find the xbox version of Wrath Unleashed by Lucasarts. Such an odd little strategy battle game...part tactical board game, part fighting game. Managed to snag a ps2 copy, but just wasn't as nice.
@velvette *coughs, raises hand* Randomly-active Iksar conjurer here, with a full roster of characters still roaming about Permafrost. (I cannot for the life of me remember the new server name...stupid merge.)

On obscure games, I've yet to meet anyone else that's played Raze's Hell. It wasn't the most amazing action/adventure game, but the sheer goofy fun of the weaponry, combined with creepily-cute enemies made it a blast to play anyway. One of the first games I actively stood around just listening to the silly conversations the npc mobs had between themselves.

Wish I could find the xbox version of Wrath Unleashed by Lucasarts. Such an odd little strategy battle game...part tactical board game, part fighting game. Managed to snag a ps2 copy, but just wasn't as nice.
@tharah
Oh wow its great to see someone else who plays! The game is so totally dead and I heard EQ Next or whatever bombed :/
@tharah
Oh wow its great to see someone else who plays! The game is so totally dead and I heard EQ Next or whatever bombed :/
YAInbwx.gif lynn
any prons | fr +3
toyhou.se | carrd
@velvette Yeah, a lot of people left when daybreak took over, but even before that a lot were slowly leaving for other mmo or moba games. I've heard the progression/free trade servers might be livelier with older guilds/players, but I'm too attached to my characters on Skyfire (finally looked up the new server name, heh) to move. *chuckles*

I'm a bit weird, and tend to like quieter MMO's...I usually play when everyone in my timezone is asleep, so I just got used to only seeing a random person now and then. (Though when it came to WoW and LotRO, most assumed I just lived in Australia *grins*)

But yeah, Landmark and Next (or whatever that whole mess became) fell apart. Rather sad...I really like EQ2, and wanted to see some new version continue the line.
@velvette Yeah, a lot of people left when daybreak took over, but even before that a lot were slowly leaving for other mmo or moba games. I've heard the progression/free trade servers might be livelier with older guilds/players, but I'm too attached to my characters on Skyfire (finally looked up the new server name, heh) to move. *chuckles*

I'm a bit weird, and tend to like quieter MMO's...I usually play when everyone in my timezone is asleep, so I just got used to only seeing a random person now and then. (Though when it came to WoW and LotRO, most assumed I just lived in Australia *grins*)

But yeah, Landmark and Next (or whatever that whole mess became) fell apart. Rather sad...I really like EQ2, and wanted to see some new version continue the line.
the sly cooper series (especially the 3rd game) has been my Life ever since i was like 10 and none of my friends have played it before
speaking of which where the f is that movie i was promised that looked so neat
the sly cooper series (especially the 3rd game) has been my Life ever since i was like 10 and none of my friends have played it before
speaking of which where the f is that movie i was promised that looked so neat
tumblr_onjb8lefcu1vrefr0o2_r1_500.png
There are a lot of games I love/Own that no-one EVER talks about, namely this bunch:

Spore
Black and White
Croc Legend of the gobbos (old PS1 game)
Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry
Dogz and Catz (the old PC ones)
and for some reason, Sonic Heroes (idk why I just love that game so much).

Also loads of classic games that no-one plays or talks about anymore (because I own a PS1 and a PS2)
There are a lot of games I love/Own that no-one EVER talks about, namely this bunch:

Spore
Black and White
Croc Legend of the gobbos (old PS1 game)
Enchanted Folk and the School of Wizardry
Dogz and Catz (the old PC ones)
and for some reason, Sonic Heroes (idk why I just love that game so much).

Also loads of classic games that no-one plays or talks about anymore (because I own a PS1 and a PS2)
aC86tUH.png
rix3ppo.png
tUQCJMT.png
nWiQNX9.png
wOEIAes.png
|Panemone Hatcheries|

GRAND OPENING
481.png