Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Insulting name
I don't know if this is the right forum, but I have no idea where I should post this otherwise; here is what happened: I set an unnamed Fae dragon for sale in the auction house, because I often wait and see if a dragon can get a new home before I exalt him or her. I got a message that he was sold, and I curiously went to look who welcomed him into his or her clan and to see what name he got. The person who bought him exalted him (no problem there, I do that sometimes with dragons I buy too), and named him... Buttcheeks. I get that some people find it funny to give an exaltee a weird name, but I'm kind of indignant about it. I love my dragons, and I'm proud to see how their sons and daughters go there own way. But now, when I (or anyone else) look at the offspring of my lady Palla [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=573831] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/5739/573831_350.png[/img] [/url] that insulting name stains her and her family. And I can't do anything about it. Aren't there any rules against this sort of thing?
I don't know if this is the right forum, but I have no idea where I should post this otherwise; here is what happened:

I set an unnamed Fae dragon for sale in the auction house, because I often wait and see if a dragon can get a new home before I exalt him or her. I got a message that he was sold, and I curiously went to look who welcomed him into his or her clan and to see what name he got.
The person who bought him exalted him (no problem there, I do that sometimes with dragons I buy too), and named him... Buttcheeks.

I get that some people find it funny to give an exaltee a weird name, but I'm kind of indignant about it. I love my dragons, and I'm proud to see how their sons and daughters go there own way.
But now, when I (or anyone else) look at the offspring of my lady Palla
573831_350.png
that insulting name stains her and her family.
And I can't do anything about it.

Aren't there any rules against this sort of thing?
FRclanbanner_zps949255a9.jpg
report the user.
report the user.
You can report inappropriate names, see this thread.

Not sure where they draw the line on "offensive", though - if it were merely insulting like "Ugly" or "EXALTED" there's probably nothing you could do about it, but I never know what you are and aren't allowed to say on here.
You can report inappropriate names, see this thread.

Not sure where they draw the line on "offensive", though - if it were merely insulting like "Ugly" or "EXALTED" there's probably nothing you could do about it, but I never know what you are and aren't allowed to say on here.
2e2UMYR.png
I reported it, thanks for the help!^^
I reported it, thanks for the help!^^
FRclanbanner_zps949255a9.jpg
Don't bother reporting it. Rofl. Complete waste of time.
Your dragons aren't 'stained'. You sold it for cheap and unnamed. That's what happens some times. You took the risk. Nothing will be done about it.

The name isn't terrible at all. I am currently sitting on a pair of buttcheeks as we speak and I am not offended in any way by their presence.
Don't bother reporting it. Rofl. Complete waste of time.
Your dragons aren't 'stained'. You sold it for cheap and unnamed. That's what happens some times. You took the risk. Nothing will be done about it.

The name isn't terrible at all. I am currently sitting on a pair of buttcheeks as we speak and I am not offended in any way by their presence.
TOW2n3q.png
[quote name="Darkspawn" date="2013-11-12 13:40:13"]That's funny, I have a friend who recently sold a dragon, which was then also named Buttcheeks and exalted. She thought it was hilarious.[/quote] Yes I did. XD But it was a random dragon I got from scavenging, so luckily he had no parents or linage.
Darkspawn wrote on 2013-11-12 13:40:13:
That's funny, I have a friend who recently sold a dragon, which was then also named Buttcheeks and exalted.

She thought it was hilarious.

Yes I did. XD

But it was a random dragon I got from scavenging, so luckily he had no parents or linage.
Art of a frog on a leaf next to a bromeliad flower with the text Tropical Rainforest to the right
everbloomgardenspog 8VvjJ9p.png
tun
tIf897pA.gif
she/he
FR+3
tun
I find it incredibly disrespectful to do things like that.
It's really not funny to everyone and to laugh at someone who feels insulted or disrespected is even more disrespectful.
It's really not funny to everyone and to laugh at someone who feels insulted or disrespected is even more disrespectful.
Wrath. Is. Back.
[quote name="Zephyrix" date="2013-11-12 16:18:29"]I find it incredibly disrespectful to do things like that. It's really not funny to everyone and to laugh at someone who feels insulted or disrespected is even more disrespectful.[/quote] Lighten up Sour Sam. :P It's called a rename scroll. @Zephyrix
Zephyrix wrote on 2013-11-12 16:18:29:
Lighten up Sour Sam. :P It's called a rename scroll.

@Zephyrix
@Zephyrix

Personally, I find it disrespectful to waste the admins' time with a silly report against someone who wasn't breaking any rules.

@Pokemon

You can't use a rename scroll on a dragon you don't own, much less one that's been exalted...
@Zephyrix

Personally, I find it disrespectful to waste the admins' time with a silly report against someone who wasn't breaking any rules.

@Pokemon

You can't use a rename scroll on a dragon you don't own, much less one that's been exalted...
Hi @Charya! If you discover that a name violates the Flight Rising Terms of Use, I encourage you to Report it, or submit a ticket to the team using the Contact Us link below. :)

I'd also like to remind everyone that the Help Center is a place where all questions are welcome, and please be sure to keep all conversation on the topic of the question. :) There are many team members and users that would be happy to address concerns. :D
Hi @Charya! If you discover that a name violates the Flight Rising Terms of Use, I encourage you to Report it, or submit a ticket to the team using the Contact Us link below. :)

I'd also like to remind everyone that the Help Center is a place where all questions are welcome, and please be sure to keep all conversation on the topic of the question. :) There are many team members and users that would be happy to address concerns. :D
Hello! :) If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.